• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Kamela, did you Chose Not to Prosecute a Single Abusive Priest?

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Senator Kamala Harris, as the District Attorney of San Francisco, chose to ignore an opportunity in 2004 to continue the work of her predecessor, Terence Hallinan, who was compiling dossiers about abuse in the Archdiocese of San Francisco with the intention of investigating and cracking down on that archdiocese. Despite the work that Hallinan had done, when Harris assumed office she stopped cooperating with victims and chose not to prosecute a single abusive priest.

SNIP

In addition to campaign donations from multiple law firms defending San Francisco priests against abuse claims, Schweizer observed that “board members of San Francisco Catholic archdiocese-related organizations and their family members donated another $50,950 to Harris’s campaign.”

As Schweizer noted, Harris’s ties to those working to block exposure of the archdiocese’s secret documents containing information about priests accused of sexual abuse were extensive.

Hiner continued:

The headline speaks for itself and the article explains it.

Tl;dr: Harris, during her 13-year tenure as district attorney of San Francisco and then attorney general of California, took money from the democrat elite and the San Francisco diocese to bury justice to the victims. Harris failed to prosecute even one case of priest sexual abuse, though during that same period, at least 50 major cities had brought charges against priests identified as pedophiles.

All I can say as a Catholic is WTF?

Pence will get a chance to ask her during the debates.

I don't know if she's Catholic.

extremeright061.png

Media Bias/Fact Check - Breitbart

Tl;dr: Harris, during her 13-year tenure as district attorney of San Francisco and then attorney general of California, took money from the democrat elite and the San Francisco diocese to bury justice to the victims. Harris failed to prosecute even one case of priest sexual abuse, though during that same period, at least 50 major cities had brought charges against priests identified as pedophiles.

Tireless worshipper of scum with 25 sexual assaults to his name who bragged about busting in on naked minors because he owned the pageant pretends to care about sexual assault?

:roll:

Anyway, Breitbart. If they reported that the sky was blue I'd have to double-check.

[FONT=&quot]
Donald Trump used to “stroll right in” to the dressing room of beauty pageants while the contestants - some of whom were teenagers - were naked or half-dressed, a former model has claimed. Tasha Dixon was 18 when she competed in the Miss USA pageant, winning the state crown.

“Our first introduction to him was when we were at the dress rehearsal and half naked changing into our bikinis,” Ms Dixon told CBS.“He just came strolling right in. There was no second to put a robe on or any sort of clothing or anything. Some girls were topless. Other girls were naked.”
Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant also said the Republican used to walk in. Some of the girls were as young as 15. Former Miss Vermont Teen USA, Mariah Billado, told Buzzfeed: "I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my god, there's a man in here." . . .Mr Trump said on the Howard Stern radio show in 2005 that he was “allowed”, as the owner of the pageant, to go backstage while the contestants were getting dressed.“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants | The Independent

[/FONT]

Even if this were to be true, Vice President's do not make prosecutorial decisions. So, I'm not sure what's the relevance here. She's not running for A.G.

A Breitbart propaganda piece?

:2rofll:

And this is the source, this book: Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite.

:lamo :lamo

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

And this is the source, this book: Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite.

:lamo :lamo

I'd have cardiac arrest if chuckiechan ever posted an OP with a credible source.

Even if this were to be true, Vice President's do not make prosecutorial decisions. So, I'm not sure what's the relevance here. She's not running for A.G.

Its about the most horrendous exemption for a major crime in exchange for campaign money. I guess we just say “Oh, well.” And move on. I disagree.

And for those of you arguing against the source, either find a credible denial or crawl back under your rock.

Its about the most horrendous exemption for a major crime in exchange for campaign money. I guess we just say “Oh, well.” And move on. I disagree.
I'd need to see some pretty legit evidence of that. Especially, given your source is a Breitbart article.

Back
Top Bottom