• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn't it news when a 13 year old girl is gang-raped by illegal immigrants?

Papa bull

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I don't understand it. A 13 year old girl gets gang-raped by over a dozen illegal immigrants and it's not news. A "white hispanic" shoots a black guy who assaults him in self defense and it's a national media circus. Why doesn't the mainstream media care about the 13 year old girl that ended up getting gang-raped by illegal aliens all night after being kidnapped? What makes this less newsworthy than a self-defense case?

Dozen illegal immigrants in Texas gang rape 13-year-old girl, NAFBPO says end ‘dreams of amnesty’ - The Global Dispatch

I don't understand it. A 13 year old girl gets gang-raped by over a dozen illegal immigrants and it's not news. A "white hispanic" shoots a black guy who assaults him in self defense and it's a national media circus. Why doesn't the mainstream media care about the 13 year old girl that ended up getting gang-raped by illegal aliens all night after being kidnapped? What makes this less newsworthy than a self-defense case?

Dozen illegal immigrants in Texas gang rape 13-year-old girl, NAFBPO says end ‘dreams of amnesty’ - The Global Dispatch

When the Immigration Bill currently under debate in Congress contains provisions to pardon illegal aliens for felonies and other crimes committed, it's clear why this tragic, but all too common news story, gets buried by the press.

I don't understand it. A 13 year old girl gets
gang-raped by over a dozen illegal immigrants and it's not news. A "white hispanic" shoots a black guy who assaults him in self defense and it's a national media circus. Why doesn't the mainstream media care about the 13 year old girl that ended up getting gang-raped by illegal aliens all night after being kidnapped? What makes this less newsworthy than a self-defense case?

There's no way to consruct a massive false narrative over race relations in this Country if illegals or blacks victimize whites.

It just emphasizes how eFFed up this Country is under Obama and in General.

I gave up on the average American a few years ago, realizing the median IQ for American citizens had dropped exponentially. And then Obama was elected TWICE, and now my fears have been realized.

The dumbest are chosing our path, and the effects of that are more evident everyday.

Every day there are horrors in America. Murders, rapes, abductions. 99.9% of these don't make more than the local news.

I can't even possibly explain why the Z/M case got the press it did. It's just a phenomenon when one case out of millions fascinates the press and the public. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it so we may not be able to explain it.

As for the OP case, I would hope that rapists are denied amnesty. Instead, hopefully they'll rot in prison.

Will be interesting to hear what the race of the girl is. Because Obama could potentially have daughters that look like her.

Things like this happen everyday around the US. But because of everything that is going on in the country right now, the two biggest things being the Immigration Bill and the whole issue and discussion about racism in the US, the MSM will probably keep quiet about these kinds of things, which is wrong to say the least but hey that's what our great country has come to.

I'll take responsibility for this one. It was a local story for me and I guess I didn't post it here.

Answer to your question.

AUSTIN TX [where this occurred] IS A SANCTUARY CITY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS..they didn't original even add the fact these sick bastards were illegals.

When the Immigration Bill currently under debate in Congress contains provisions to pardon illegal aliens for felonies and other crimes committed, it's clear why this tragic, but all too common news story, gets buried by the press.

If it's clear why it get's buried by the press, then why are you wasting your time and ours asking the question asked in the OP?

If it's clear why it get's buried by the press, then why are you wasting your time and ours asking the question asked in the OP?

Since I didn't ask a question, why are you wasting your time and ours claiming I did?

Every politician that has stood against securing the boarder has part in the blame for events like this. And the legislation they want to pass will allow criminals to have records clear to get a special immigrant status? Good lord, we don't do that for our own people.

Every day there are horrors in America. Murders, rapes, abductions. 99.9% of these don't make more than the local news.

I can't even possibly explain why the Z/M case got the press it did. It's just a phenomenon when one case out of millions fascinates the press and the public. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it so we may not be able to explain it.

As for the OP case, I would hope that rapists are denied amnesty. Instead, hopefully they'll rot in prison.

much like internet memes: For some reason, it just caught peoples attention at the right time

It is kind of weird. It's like one of those "rogue waves" in the ocean. Every once in a while a single incident that should logically only have local ramifications becomes insanely overhyped. Of course the opposite happens too. A case like the Kermit Gosnell one should have had huge national press but got very little.

I believe it depends on who takes up the megaphone and makes it known. A Harvard law professor getting arrested for being belligerent when trying to break into his own home becomes a national story when the President claims the police acted stupidly, before he had all the facts. A young black man getting shot during an attack in Florida becomes a national story when the President claims the young man could have been his son and when the defendant in the case gets acquitted, the story stays in the national news when the President claims the young black man could have been him. Had the President come out and said that the 13 yr old rape victim could have been his daughter, wanna bet the media would have been all over the case. Doesn't mean they should have been, but they would have been, no doubt.

Since I didn't ask a question, why are you wasting your time and ours claiming I did?

There is a question asked in the OP, That's what my comment refers to.

I would say it might be a good thing for the girl, given the culture we live in. Not only did the poor girl get gang raped but had it been national news, she would probably have to then endure many people blaming her for running away and getting into the car with strange men. It must be a tough call for rape apologist who hate illegals. Want to blame the victim but at that same time it was those awful illegals who did it.

There is a question asked in the OP, That's what my comment refers to.

You comment was as follows:

"If it's clear why it get's buried by the press, then why are you wasting your time and ours asking the question asked in the OP?

I didn't ask a question.

In fact, I answered the question posed in the OP.

Since the press is willing to bury the pardon of felonies and other crimes contained in the immigration bill, it should be expected the press would not comment about other felonies committed by illegal aliens.

I believe it depends on who takes up the megaphone and makes it known. A Harvard law professor getting arrested for being belligerent when trying to break into his own home becomes a national story when the President claims the police acted stupidly, before he had all the facts. A young black man getting shot during an attack in Florida becomes a national story when the President claims the young man could have been his son and when the defendant in the case gets acquitted, the story stays in the national news when the President claims the young black man could have been him. Had the President come out and said that the 13 yr old rape victim could have been his daughter, wanna bet the media would have been all over the case. Doesn't mean they should have been, but they would have been, no doubt.

But in both instances it seemed the president was responding to an already ongoing media circus.

Did he further stir the ****? In all likelihood, yes. But it did not simply gain legs after he commented

I keep seeing this position over and over and over, I figured it was pretty obvious but i guess not.

Its because there is no controversy, along with most of the other unreported horrors. No different than the "standard" black on black violence in Chicago that you guys keep talking about. If a black gangster shoots another black gangster over a drug deal, nobody really cares because they're both gangsters that are equally guilty and chose to put themselves in that situation.

Now lets say a black gangster shoots an innocent black boy riding his bike down the road. Unless the black gangster somehow gets away with it there again is no controversy. It is just another tragedy.

A "white" guy shooting a black "kid" who wasn't doing anything wrong (before he attacked Zim of course) and then walking away is grounds for a controversy. It has implications of racism, it has gun rights, it has self defense rights. These are all the makings of a big media event to sell headlines.

A "white" guy shooting a black "kid" who wasn't doing anything wrong (before he attacked Zim of course) and then walking away is grounds for a controversy. It has implications of racism, it has gun rights, it has self defense rights. These are all the makings of a big media event to sell headlines.

There didn't really seem to be much legitimate controversy surrounding the trayvon case, either. That was my thoughts before the trial, but was willing to hold off judgement based on the prosecutions case. And sadly, that has only been reaffirmed by the actual trial and the outraged public's lack of a reasonable response to it

I keep seeing this position over and over and over, I figured it was pretty obvious but i guess not.

Its because there is no controversy, along with most of the other unreported horrors. No different than the "standard" black on black violence in Chicago that you guys keep talking about. If a black gangster shoots another black gangster over a drug deal, nobody really cares because they're both gangsters that are equally guilty and chose to put themselves in that situation.

Now lets say a black gangster shoots an innocent black boy riding his bike down the road. Unless the black gangster somehow gets away with it there again is no controversy. It is just another tragedy.

This is a more horrific event and carries plenty of controversial issues ranging from "race" to immigration laws. Somehow, the permutation of the issues is such that the mainstream media is shunning it, though. I can't for the life of me figure out why the TM/GZ case was a national big deal. TM wasn't an innocent victim. GZ wasn't a bloodthirsty killer. It wasn't even your classic "white man kills black guy" schtick since Zimmerman was hispanic and it took the NYT to coin "white hispanic" to get that square peg to fit the round hole. With all the kerfuffle over TM/GZ, you'd think there was something radically noteworthy and there just wasn't.

Last edited:
I think that I am going to start spending a little time commenting on Canada's problems (It has a few).

I can vary easily explain why the Zimmerman case got national attention. It was the vary rare case of a white killing a black so the liberal media and race hustlers will be able to keep up their false narrative of black victim-hood

There didn't really seem to be much legitimate controversy surrounding the trayvon case, either. That was my thoughts before the trial, but was willing to hold off judgement based on the prosecutions case. And sadly, that has only been reaffirmed by the actual trial and the outraged public's lack of a reasonable response to it

Trayvon was walking back from the store doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman followed him for no good reason. The dispatcher told Zimm to stand down, he didn't. The kid ended up dead.

The premise itself provides plenty of controversy. If the details tell a different story it doesn't matter, the premise set the stage.

Why isn't this news item I found in the news in the news?

And why isn't it being treated in the same non-sensical sensationalism as some other item instead of like all of the other items which are covered by news organizations but which are not in the news?

Basically the media likes 'man bites dog' stories, no thinking person should be surprised by that fact.

Back
Top Bottom