• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn't Iraq a stable Democracy?

The arrogance of the US thinking that it could make Iraq or any other Middle Eastern country a democracy is madness and all its allies following suit the mind boggles, Muslims have never been democracies, the have always been ruled by a Caliphate, after the first world war the Ottoman Empire was divided up between England and France (the spoils of war) for you know black gold, Texas T

Over my dead body would my son or daughter go to that hellhole, just to come back with missing limbs or in a box. The DC morons should send theirs.

It happens because Americans are dreamers with a messiah complex.

Last edited:
Japan and Germany weren't exactly stable Democracies before WW2 and they turned out pretty well. What's up with Iraq?

I know there are many different religious factions fighting for power, but I have a theory that the men don't want to give up the control they have over their women. I believe that may be the biggest issue.

How long did we maintain our presence in Germany and Japan???

Over my dead body would my son or daughter go to that hellhole, just to come back with missing limbs or in a box. The DC morons should send theirs.

It happens because Americans are dreamers with a messiah complex.

That's your preogative :peace but once they turn 18 it's not up to you.

That's your preogative :peace but once they turn 18 it's not up to you.

I can always use my power of persuasion and the threat of changing my will.

When my younger daughter told me she was planning to go to Kenya to teach, I said this:

“You are over eighteen and you can do what you want. Before you go, I want you to know that I will not pay ransom if you get kidnapped, or travel to that s***hole to retrieve your body if you get raped and murdered. Is that clear?”

She said yes and never mentioned Kenya again.

Blunt is good.

Last edited:
I can always use my power of persuasion and the threat of changing my will.

When my younger daughter told me she was planning to go to Kenya to teach, I said this:

“You are over eighteen and you can do what you want. Before you go, I want you to know that I will not pay ransom if you get kidnapped, or travel to that s***hole to retrieve your body if you get raped and murdered. Is that clear?”

She said yes and never mentioned Kenya again.

So in other words, by acting like a total ****.

I bet your kids love you :roll:

because of secretarianism between sunnis and shias. This is the true disease in Iraq; Isis is just a symptom.

Back
Top Bottom