• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is Your Partner Cheating on You?

No, but I think Congress can know the nation's need better than the taxpayers.

So congress doesn't know your needs better than you do. Yet...somehow congress knows the nation's needs better than the taxpayers do? Are you saying that congress knows my needs better than I do? I don't understand.

Taxpayers have needs. If they are not getting their needs met by the private sector...then why wouldn't they try and get their needs met by the public sector?

I knew better....

I don't understand. Are you saying that you would allocate your taxes to building roads? Or are you saying that you would argue for raising the fuel tax?

So congress doesn't know your needs better than you do. Yet...somehow congress knows the nation's needs better than the taxpayers do? Are you saying that congress knows my needs better than I do? I don't understand.

What I'm saying is that a body of representatives elected may have a better ability to consider the needs of the nation better than the whole of the taxpayers.

Taxpayers have needs. If they are not getting their needs met by the private sector...then why wouldn't they try and get their needs met by the public sector?

I never said they didn't nor that they couldn't.

What I'm saying is that a body of representatives elected may have a better ability to consider the needs of the nation better than the whole of the taxpayers.

That's the thing you have to help me understand. How could 538 people know the needs of a nation better than 150 million people could? Are you saying that we elect the smartest people to congress? Are you saying that we elect the most knowledgeable people to congress? Are you saying that 538 people spending 12 hours / day for 365 days / year can learn what our needs are better than 150 million people can know what their own needs are?

Back
Top Bottom