• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is violence against women so bad on England?

BikesAreLife

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I'm just curious. I been seeing alot of articles about women being targeted and brutalized in the England. I'm curious as to why or how women are treated like that in such a developed nation. It's really sad to see because I think of England as being this gentleman like nation lol. Any theories?

Statistics on Alcohol, England 2020

358,000 admissions to hospital in 2018/19 where the main reason was due to drinking alcohol

6% higher than 2017/18 and 19% higher than 2008/09

That's my guess

Smells like another moral panic. Surely they did blood and urine screens on these women. No mention of the results, so they must have been negative. Assholes have been slipping mickeys in drinks since at least the 1800's, but I highly doubt anyone is being injected with needles in the club.

RE: the hot potato

I have read that England now is even more politically correct than this country (and that is saying a lot).

So I do not know whether England identifies bashers of women by ethnicity or nationality (probably not).

But I agree that probably (probably) the majority of bashers are from certain cultures where bashing women is just part of their way of life.

There is also another reason that can be given as to why abuse has risen.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/domestic-abuse-and-covid-19-a-year-into-the-pandemic/

The Crime Survey for England and Wales showed that 1.6 million women and 757,000 men had experienced domestic abuse between March 2019 and March 2020, with a 7% growth in police recorded domestic abuse crimes.

Although there is limited official data so far on the impact of lockdown on domestic abuse, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) report that in mid-May 2020, there was a 12% increase in the number of domestic abuse cases referred to victim support. Between April and June 2020, there was a 65% increase in calls to the National Domestic Abuse Helpline, when compared to the first three months of that year.

Back
Top Bottom