• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Tucker Carlson so pro Russia and hopes they win in Ukraine?

Russia and the US, when Ukraine became a separate state, guaranteed its security if it gave up its nukes, which it had many. Now Putin is breaking that promise by his intervention in that country. Is seems the best thing is never believe the word of whoever is the dictator in that country.

There's some question about believing our guarantees of security, also. Seems like a pretty sloppy arrangement.

Joining NATO or the EU doesn't remove sovereignty; they're alliances with benefits and rules.
Right, but the question is about familiarity among fellow members beyond technical association.

Alliance members are eager to support each other if they have comparable values. Otherwise, they'll figure out any excuse they can to not have to uphold their end of the bargain.

This is why, for example, Europeans don't spend the expected amount of GDP every year on defense spending. They don't view Americans as sharing their values, so they don't care.

TUcker Carlson is very pro Russia and you have to wonder why. He seems to think that Russia was our ally in WWII, rather than just another country fighting Germany. We were never "true" allies, just fighting a common enemy.We did loan Russia military supplies, a loan that they have refused to pay for ever since. In fact, Russia did not enter the war with Japan until we had them pretty much finished. And after the end of the war showed us how much of an "ally" he was with his actions in Western Europe. It took over 50 years to undo that and now Tucker Carlson is rooting for us to go back to the very hot cold war. You have to wonder if the right wing wonder boy is getting paid by Putin. I would not doubt it to be true. Carlson's Trump probably still owes the Russian huge amounts of money he has borrowed from them through various banks.

I really like Tucker Carlson a lot.

Russia isn't America's enemy. It's no more a communist country than Ukraine is.

Ukraine is no bastion of democracy. The crooked ruling govt there locks up its political opponents and muzzles their opinions.

Tucker Carlson is against having Americans fight needless wars which serve no American national interest.

I am on Tucker's side and against your side. You want to enslave America to your petty ethnic feuds. Americans will not surrender to a foreign extraterritorialist lobby like yourself and NATO.

Being pro-" US enemy" is being anti-communist? WTF?

No, Russia isn't America's enemy, you're just obsessed with calling them your enemy.

I like Russia more than the corrupt govt in Kiev, which doesn't really represent all Ukrainians.

BLM is openly Marxist - they actually say so.

Yeah it does. I mean they literally wrote a book about it.
Lots of people wrote books. They all say something different.

Much of Mussolini's definitions fit Putin and Russia.

“Fascism denies that the majority, by the simple fact that it is a majority, can direct human society.”

Not your generic right wing government, but pretty much your generic dictatorship.

Russia and the US, when Ukraine became a separate state, guaranteed its security if it gave up its nukes, which it had many. Now Putin is breaking that promise by his intervention in that country. Is seems the best thing is never believe the word of whoever is the dictator in that country.
That's why Putin is focusing on NATO so much here. Nations don't negotiate in treaties for unforeseen conditions that seem ridiculous. The idea of losing Ukraine from its sphere of influence seemed bizarre to Russia back in 1994.

No, Russia isn't America's enemy, you're just obsessed with calling them your enemy.

I like Russia more than the corrupt govt in Kiev, which doesn't really represent all Ukrainians.
The handlers will be pleased.

Joining NATO or the EU doesn't remove sovereignty; they're alliances with benefits and rules.

Overthrowing an elected govt (Yanuckovitch) just so you can ram your your agenda to join NATO or EU down everyone's throats is removal of sovereignty.

EU doesn't owe any applicant automatic membership. Turkey was a much older applicant than Ukraine, but Turkey got turned down. Why the **** is Ukraine more deserving?

The handlers will be pleased.

You're speaking of your own handlers? They must be pleased at someone who wants to drag America into their endless foreign wars.

Americans want to worry about their own lives and their own homeland, which Biden is trying to undermine.

That rat bastard Biden is trying to destroy America's own borders, even while his handlers try to campaign for Ukraine's borders. Why the **** would Americans care about Ukraine's security more than America's own security? Biden is backstabbing American voters. That's why he's trying to eliminate Voter ID, trying to federalize American voting laws, trying to implement ballot-harvesting, and trying to import in every illegal alien he can,

Lots of people wrote books. They all say something different.

Much of Mussolini's definitions fit Putin and Russia.

Much of those definitions fit Zelensky & Ukraine.

“Fascism denies that the majority, by the simple fact that it is a majority, can direct human society.”

Not your generic right wing government, but pretty much your generic dictatorship.

That would be Obama, Biden, Pelosi.

Why have Americans embraced social democracy and social welfare programs like those advocated by Euromaiden which are watered down versions of what the communist party previously practiced in Ukraine after it declared independence from the Soviet Union in 1991?
It was not policies that lead to a pro-west government, but the Russian controlled dictator and the corruption that lead the people there to go west young man. And where are you from, just asking? People talk about Russian trolls on these message boards.

You're speaking of your own handlers? They must be pleased at someone who wants to drag America into their endless foreign wars.

Americans want to worry about their own lives and their own homeland, which Biden is trying to undermine.

That rat bastard Biden is trying to destroy America's own borders, even while his handlers try to campaign for Ukraine's borders. Why the **** would Americans care about Ukraine's security more than America's own security? Biden is backstabbing American voters. That's why he's trying to eliminate Voter ID, trying to federalize American voting laws, trying to implement ballot-harvesting, and trying to import in every illegal alien he can,
How iss Biden leading us there. He has made it clear no American troops and even pulled out the American military advisors. What got us here what the rat bastard Trump who bent down and kissed Putin's ass and gave Putin the idea that nothing would be done if he pulled this off. And the GOP are the one;s who do not want every eligible voter to be able to vote, only those who support them. The GOP has become the party of authoritarians who want to have a fascist state controlled by them.

Much of those definitions fit Zelensky & Ukraine.

That would be Obama, Biden, Pelosi.
Sorry, they fit only Putin who is the dictator of Russia, while in Ukraine they now elect their leaders, as we have done in this country but not much longer if the GOP has its way..

It's extremely puzzling to me when Trump talks about being friends with China, Russia, NK, leaders over our allies and his crowd cheers. I don't understand the rights new movement at all. I'm gathering it's the new nationalist approach so our allies don't meet the criteria anymore, and leaders like Putin do?
I can't even imagine America adopting any stance but democracy. Times are a changing.

Yes. This anti-democracy and anti-science movement is not just an American thing- it seems to be an international phenomenon.

Democracy, rationality, science, cooperation, world peace and stability, etc… are all just SO late 20th century.

Last edited:
No, I'm not speaking about my handlers. I don't have handlers. I proudly display the US flag on my DP account.

Where did I ever state that I want to drag America into an endless foreign war?

You should start a new thread about the rest of your concerns.

TUcker Carlson is very pro Russia and you have to wonder why. He seems to think that Russia was our ally in WWII, rather than just another country fighting Germany. We were never "true" allies, just fighting a common enemy.We did loan Russia military supplies, a loan that they have refused to pay for ever since. In fact, Russia did not enter the war with Japan until we had them pretty much finished. And after the end of the war showed us how much of an "ally" he was with his actions in Western Europe. It took over 50 years to undo that and now Tucker Carlson is rooting for us to go back to the very hot cold war. You have to wonder if the right wing wonder boy is getting paid by Putin. I would not doubt it to be true. Carlson's Trump probably still owes the Russian huge amounts of money he has borrowed from them through various banks.
1645508042339.png

How iss Biden leading us there. He has made it clear no American troops and even pulled out the American military advisors. What got us here what the rat bastard Trump who bent down and kissed Putin's ass and gave Putin the idea that nothing would be done if he pulled this off. And the GOP are the one;s who do not want every eligible voter to be able to vote, only those who support them. The GOP has become the party of authoritarians who want to have a fascist state controlled by them.

That's rubbish. You libs are just parroting a lie. You've only destroyed your own image by transforming yourselves into neo-McCarthyites.

Trump said "rebuild America's military, make it the biggest" -- is that the kind of thing an appeaser would say? Of course not -- you're just groping.

The Democrats have become the party of fascist authoritarians who want to suppress the American people by labeling them white supremacists, by wanting to disenfranchise them electorally through ballot-harvesting and fraudulent voting by removing Voter ID, as well as by importing a new electorate from abroad through illegal aliens and endless immigration. Democrats want to impose their authoritarianism by disarming the population to make them submissive and obedient. Everything you accuse others of, is what you're actually doing.

Ukraine declared independence via the communist party in 1991.

Being pro-Russia is being anti-communist. Even Putin chastised the communists for creating an independent Ukraine: https://www.newsweek.com/putin-invo...in-stalin-says-russia-created-ukraine-1681185
You're right I should have said a dictatorship and Ukraine gained independence during the dissolution of the Communist Party. But you believe any of Putin's screed? Would you say, "I have no reason to doubt him?"...

Sorry, but the simpletons want it all boiled down to "I Love Democrats" or else you must be a Russian stooge.

I'm anti-war, and because of my position for peace am accused of all sorts of atrocities and treason. It's insanity.
I'd rather be russian than a democrat. Remember those tshirts? Putin isn't anti war, should the world just let him take over whatever countries he decides to invade and do nothing? This has zero to do with democrats but if you want to feel like a victim that's your choice.

Sorry, but the simpletons want it all boiled down to "I Love Democrats" or else you must be a Russian stooge.

I'm anti-war, and because of my position for peace am accused of all sorts of atrocities and treason. It's insanity.

If you're anti-war you must be for Russia. They just sent peacekeepers into Ukraine.

Why have Americans embraced social democracy and social welfare programs like those advocated by Euromaiden which are watered down versions of what the communist party previously practiced in Ukraine after it declared independence from the Soviet Union in 1991?
You have to be kidding me. We have some of the most gutted social programs of any 1st world country.

You have to be kidding me. We have some of the most gutted social programs of any 1st world country.
I don't disagree, but it's the quality of the program that counts when it comes to legal justification, not the quantity. Quantity's value only applies towards economic effectiveness which isn't the topic at hand. We're discussing international law, not international political economy.

Back
Top Bottom