• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Tucker Carlson so pro Russia and hopes they win in Ukraine?

Turns out I get the mayhem either way, doesn't it?
There comes a point when you have to ask what type of mayhem you want. Do you want mayhem that destroys itself like what the communists did which setup Ukraine today, or do you want mayhem that refines itself like what the Cossack thieves do?

The only problem is there are oligarchic criminals who rival the Cossack thieves who also oppose the communists. They are objectively corrupt and take a middle position between the two.

There comes a point when you have to ask what type of mayhem you want. Do you want mayhem that destroys itself like what the communists did which setup Ukraine today, or do you want mayhem that refines itself like what the Cossack thieves do?

The only problem is there are oligarchic criminals who rival the Cossack thieves who also oppose the communists. They are objectively corrupt and take a middle position between the two.
I want the mayhem kinda mayhem. Which seems to be on the menu.

Thinly veiled personal insults are the last resort of those who know they are in the wrong.
Sorry you feel insulted it wasn't my intention. I was just posting recent research on psychology and political ideology.

Sorry you feel insulted it wasn't my intention. I was just posting recent research on psychology and political ideolog
You should start a breaking news thread to share that recent research from 3/21. /s

Do you have any observations about the topic of the thread? It's about Tucker Carlson's pro-Russia quotes.

Russia isn't what it was 30 years ago.
What's your point? Are saying that the US government doesn't consider Russia to be an enemy?

Ukraine declared independence via the communist party in 1991.

Being pro-Russia is being anti-communist. Even Putin chastised the communists for creating an independent Ukraine: https://www.newsweek.com/putin-invo...in-stalin-says-russia-created-ukraine-1681185
Your posts make no sense to me. My step father was Russian, my uncle was Ukrainian. They didn't speak the same language. My Uncle never described himself as a Russian. In the Newsweek piece, Putin refers to Ukraine as though its a possession which belongs to him. As far as I can discern from the media, Ukrainians have a sense of national identity and the majority do not wish to be ruled by Russia. It is my understanding that they gave up nuclear weapons with the expectation that their national sovereignty would be respected.

TUcker Carlson is very pro Russia and you have to wonder why. He seems to think that Russia was our ally in WWII, rather than just another country fighting Germany. We were never "true" allies, just fighting a common enemy.We did loan Russia military supplies, a loan that they have refused to pay for ever since. In fact, Russia did not enter the war with Japan until we had them pretty much finished. And after the end of the war showed us how much of an "ally" he was with his actions in Western Europe. It took over 50 years to undo that and now Tucker Carlson is rooting for us to go back to the very hot cold war. You have to wonder if the right wing wonder boy is getting paid by Putin. I would not doubt it to be true. Carlson's Trump probably still owes the Russian huge amounts of money he has borrowed from them through various banks.

The rise of Trump resulted in a shift in conservative politics towards a more European style traditionalist/nationalist/populist streak rather than the neoconservative laissez faire type that was more prevalent during the Bush Administration. Part of that package is a re-evaluation of American foreign policy from a more interventionist stance to one more aligned with maintaining national sovereignty and culture. It's natural Tucker Carlson, who has been one of the most vocal proponents of this shift, gravitate towards like minded sentiments found in Russia and Hungary.

Your posts make no sense to me. My step father was Russian, my uncle was Ukrainian. They didn't speak the same language. My Uncle never described himself as a Russian. In the Newsweek piece, Putin refers to Ukraine as though its a possession which belongs to him. As far as I can discern from the media, Ukrainians have a sense of national identity and the majority do not wish to be ruled by Russia. It is my understanding that they gave up nuclear weapons with the expectation that their national sovereignty would be respected.
Putin's reference was that communists tore Russia apart by increasing Ukrainian autonomy. Before the Soviet Union, Imperial Russia went through an extensive Russification process for Ukraine to assimilate it when it was absorbed from the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Ukrainian nationalism is comparable to Kurdistan, Scotland, Catalonia, and other regions which have stateless cultures. It's a dream that goes back to the turn of the 17th century before the Cossacks pledged allegiance to Russian monarchs in exchange for protection during The Deluge that happened alongside the 30 Years War when people fought for religious self-determination.

You're also going to struggle to find sympathies for language based nationalism in NATO now where multiculturalism is prevalent, especially among political parties currently in charge of governments. Why would Ukraine want to join NATO or the EU if its sovereignty is defined by the language of its culture?

Last edited:
The real question is why does Tucker Carlson hate America so much? Why does he hate freedom?

The rise of Trump resulted in a shift in conservative politics towards a more European style traditionalist/nationalist/populist streak rather than the neoconservative laissez faire type that was more prevalent during the Bush Administration. Part of that package is a re-evaluation of American foreign policy from a more interventionist stance to one more aligned with maintaining national sovereignty and culture. It's natural Tucker Carlson, who has been one of the most vocal proponents of this shift, gravitate towards like minded sentiments found in Russia and Hungary.
So you are saying he is a fascist like his friends in Russia and Hungary.

So you are saying he is a fascist like his friends in Russia and Hungary.

Fascism has specific definitions and meanings, not just any generic right wing nationalist government.

Fascism has specific definitions and meanings, not just any generic right wing nationalist government.
Not really. Though fascism is not any generic right wing government, it does not have a specific definition.

Putin's reference was that communists tore Russia apart by increasing Ukrainian autonomy. Before the Soviet Union, Imperial Russia went through an extensive Russification process for Ukraine to assimilate it when it was absorbed from the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Ukrainian nationalism is comparable to Kurdistan, Scotland, Catalonia, and other regions which have stateless cultures. It's a dream that goes back to the turn of the 17th century before the Cossacks pledged allegiance to Russian monarchs in exchange for protection during The Deluge that happened alongside the 30 Years War when people fought for religious self-determination.

You're also going to struggle to fund sympathies for language based nationalism in NATO now where multiculturalism is prevalent, especially among political parties currently in charge of governments. Why would Ukraine want to join NATO or the EU if its sovereignty is defined by the language of its culture?
Russia and the US, when Ukraine became a separate state, guaranteed its security if it gave up its nukes, which it had many. Now Putin is breaking that promise by his intervention in that country. Is seems the best thing is never believe the word of whoever is the dictator in that country.

Not really. Though fascism is not any generic right wing government, it does not have a specific definition.

Yeah it does. I mean they literally wrote a book about it.

Why would Ukraine want to join NATO or the EU if its sovereignty is defined by the language of its culture?

Joining NATO or the EU doesn't remove sovereignty; they're alliances with benefits and rules.

I should have said dictatorship as that is what both Russia and Hungary have become. Tell me I am wrong and I can tell you where you live.

The real question is why does Tucker Carlson hate America so much? Why does he hate freedom?
Why have Americans embraced social democracy and social welfare programs like those advocated by Euromaiden which are watered down versions of what the communist party previously practiced in Ukraine after it declared independence from the Soviet Union in 1991?

Back
Top Bottom