• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Tucker Carlson so pro Russia and hopes they win in Ukraine?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TUcker Carlson is very pro Russia and you have to wonder why. He seems to think that Russia was our ally in WWII, rather than just another country fighting Germany. We were never "true" allies, just fighting a common enemy.We did loan Russia military supplies, a loan that they have refused to pay for ever since. In fact, Russia did not enter the war with Japan until we had them pretty much finished. And after the end of the war showed us how much of an "ally" he was with his actions in Western Europe. It took over 50 years to undo that and now Tucker Carlson is rooting for us to go back to the very hot cold war. You have to wonder if the right wing wonder boy is getting paid by Putin. I would not doubt it to be true. Carlson's Trump probably still owes the Russian huge amounts of money he has borrowed from them through various banks.

TUcker Carlson is very pro Russia and you have to wonder why. He seems to think that Russia was our ally in WWII, rather than just another country fighting Germany. We were never "true" allies, just fighting a common enemy.We did loan Russia military supplies, a loan that they have refused to pay for ever since. In fact, Russia did not enter the war with Japan until we had them pretty much finished. And after the end of the war showed us how much of an "ally" he was with his actions in Western Europe. It took over 50 years to undo that and now Tucker Carlson is rooting for us to go back to the very hot cold war. You have to wonder if the right wing wonder boy is getting paid by Putin. I would not doubt it to be true. Carlson's Trump probably still owes the Russian huge amounts of money he has borrowed from them through various banks.

His handers who fund him and write his scripts tell him to be.

Yes, this is odd since Russia's beef with Ukraine is based on Ukraine wanting to join the union, and be a democratic country. In other words, everything America should encourage Ukraine to do.

It's extremely puzzling to me when Trump talks about being friends with China, Russia, NK, leaders over our allies and his crowd cheers. I don't understand the rights new movement at all. I'm gathering it's the new nationalist approach so our allies don't meet the criteria anymore, and leaders like Putin do?
I can't even imagine America adopting any stance but democracy. Times are a changing.

Wow. The most popular Republican pundit is now openly rooting for America's enemies.

Fling amazing!

He doesn't. Stop reading online tabloids

He knows exactly what buttons to push to control his audience. He is into the power of control and his sheeple are more than willing to accommodate that.

“Why is it disloyal to side with Russia but loyal to side with Ukraine?” Carlson asked. “They’re both foreign countries that don’t care anything about the United States. Kind of strange.”

“No rational person could defend a war with Russia over Ukraine,” Carlson said. “Nobody thinks a war like that would make America safer or stronger or more prosperous.”

Carlson said, this is about “hubris, stupidity, the damaged psychological makeup of our leaders, [and] massive lobbying campaigns by Ukrainian politicians and American defense contractors.”

Yes, this is odd since Russia's beef with Ukraine is based on Ukraine wanting to join the union, and be a democratic country. In other words, everything America should encourage Ukraine to do.

It's extremely puzzling to me when Trump talks about being friends with China, Russia, NK, leaders over our allies and his crowd cheers. I don't understand the rights new movement at all. I'm gathering it's the new nationalist approach so our allies don't meet the criteria anymore, and leaders like Putin do?
I can't even imagine America adopting any stance but democracy. Times are a changing.
Ukraine wants to join the EU to get legitimacy for its social welfare programs and taxation policies which are not agreed upon by all Ukrainians. The wealthier regions in Ukraine are pro-Russia because they view those programs as corrupt.

Euromaiden happened in opposition of those opposed while counter-accusing opponents of being corrupt towards Russia. The argument there goes all the way back to when Ukrainian independence depended on the communist party declaring independence during the 1991 coup. In contrast, there were Russian thieves who opposed the communist party. Those thieves operated according to a moral code which upheld traditional values in contrast to Russian bandits which just pilfered recklessly. The corruption argument comes into play when talking about the wealth of Russian oligarchs who mingled with both the thieves and bandits.

This is not a straight-up foreign policy issue.

Ukraine wants to join the EU to get legitimacy for its social welfare programs and taxation policies which are not agreed upon by all Ukrainians. The wealthier regions in Ukraine are pro-Russia because they view those programs as corrupt.

Euromaiden happened in opposition of those opposed while counter-accusing opponents of being corrupt towards Russia. The argument there goes all the way back to when Ukrainian independence depended on the communist party declaring independence during the 1991 coup. In contrast, there were Russian thieves who opposed the communist party. Those thieves operated according to a moral code which upheld traditional values in contrast to Russian bandits which just pilfered recklessly. The corruption argument comes into play when talking about the wealth of Russian oligarchs who mingled with both the thieves and bandits.

This is not a straight-up foreign policy issue.

Sorry, but the simpletons want it all boiled down to "I Love Democrats" or else you must be a Russian stooge.

I'm anti-war, and because of my position for peace am accused of all sorts of atrocities and treason. It's insanity.

It should be mentioned as well that the thieves are somewhat aligned with the Cossacks who traditionally aligned with Ukraine, but also aligned with the Whites during the Russian Revolution. There is a Robin Hood element at stake. Unfortunately, that element associated with the oligarchs who also associated with ordinary criminals.

Tucker Carlson is pro-dictator. Of course he loves this shit.

He spent a while in Hungary licking neo-Nazi arse, this latest thing is hardly a surprise.

Sorry, but the simpletons want it all boiled down to "I Love Democrats" or else you must be a Russian stooge.

I'm anti-war, and because of my position for peace am accused of all sorts of atrocities and treason. It's insanity.

I see the usual suspects have taken some special time out of their day to shame themselves publicly.

I'm sorry I implied mean things about Orban. I hope I didn't make you cry.
Tbh, I don't understand why you take the position you do.

If you're so in favor of mayhem, why don't you support the Cossack thieves who opposed the communist party's independence from the Soviet Union when it was going through a coup?

Tbh, I don't understand why you take the position you do.

If you're so in favor of mayhem, why don't you support the Cossack thieves who opposed the communist party's independence from the Soviet Union when it was going through a coup?

Turns out I get the mayhem either way, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom