• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is Trump Spouting Russian Propaganda?

Looks like FBI might be getting on the case in this duzy...

FBI will investigate where Trump got made-up Russian history of Afghanistan invasion: Former intel chief

On Friday, Trump’s retelling of history was brought up by a US journalist with two experts, former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence Frank Figliuzzi and Gen. Barry McCaffrey (Ret.).

McCaffrey called the presidential statement astonishing.“It sounds as if the talking points are written by the GRU… This is a truly astonishing, ignorant statement by the president.”

Figliuzzi said American counterintelligence agencies will want to know where Trump got his warped ideas about the subject.

“The counterintelligence side is going to take a look at why it is our president is siding with a communist regime claiming that the Russians were ‘right’ to go into Afghanistan,” Figliuzzi said. “They’re going to want to know the reasoning behind that, and where it’s coming from.”

There may be a “benign” explanation, but this may be another sign that Trump has been compromised by Russia.

“The FBI is going to look at it even more deeply to say, look, there are a couple of other options, once you set aside incompetence,” he said. “There’s another option, the president has deliberately chosen to regurgitate the Putin line, the Russian line on this, because he somehow needs to paint Russia in the most favorable light, and why is that?”

Asking this type of question is exactly how counterintelligence investigations get started, Figliuzzi said.

“We need to help understand whether that’s because it serves his agenda to appease Russia, to say to them, ‘You may have compromised me, we may have a problem here, but I’m on your side.’ And, look, while this sounds like conjecture to many people, this is what counterintelligence agents do for a living.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/worl...he-era-of-containing-trump-is-over/ar-BBRjUSb

The Video:

[

I'd also be mighty interested to find out where Trump is getting this stuff. Certainly not from the US Generals that have served in his administration. Not from Graham.

Infowars? Putin? RT? Rohrabacher? Rand Paul?

:lamo

Do you have any evidence that Obama intended to help the Taliban like you claim?

Or is this yet another Trump cult temper tantrum meltdown over the fact that people don't spinelessly worship him?

Grok is a crock.

BBRLokC.img

Donald Trump speaks during a Cabinet meeting on January 2, 2019.

Yet another recent example of Trumps "alternative truths". This time borrowing from Kremlin disinformation.

We all know that Trump is Putin's puppet. I guess Trump supporters like being Russian-like citizens and do not want to be Americans any more.

I'd also be mighty interested to find out where Trump is getting this stuff. Certainly not from the US Generals that have served in his administration. Not from Graham.

Fox News and all the great reporters there that are biased against against Democracy.

Talking potato head? Why do you always write this? It makes your posts look stupid.
They guy saying it will be looked into, is an expert:

But Mycroft disagrees, because Mycroft posts pure partisan nonsense, supporters conspiracy theories, and calls them "potato heads"?

Get some new material Mycroft, we see through all your bull**** at this point.

But no, please explain both your:
- expertise on the matter vs the former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence
- why this is the third time Trump has spouted off Russian propaganda lies to the public

If you don't know, perhaps it should be investigated by counter-intelligence? Do tell.

Asking Mycroft to explain anything is like betting on winning the Lotto. The odds of you getting any kind of rational answer are like 13 million to one. It's like asking a new-born baby to explain the Constitution or like asking a scorpion not to sting.

Maddow's team did some digging on at least some of them, and they could find no references on the usual right wing nutter outlets. Not even the really CT crap you find on their popular trash sites.
In no aspect of U.S. public discourse they could find. The implication is he's getting it directly from Russians or Russian sympathizers.
AND his own national security team is likely not vetting it.

The "Keep Lying About Trump to Cover For Putin's Bitch Contingent Checks In Again".

More like YOU GOT PLAYED....

View attachment 67247354

View attachment 67247353

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Obama Chides Romney: 'The 1980s Are Calling, They Want Their Foreign Policy Back'

Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility'

Obama Won’t Arm Ukraine Because He Led the Disarming of Ukraine

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...e-he-led-disarming-ukraine-andrew-c-mccarthy/

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ob...stand-down-order-against-russian-cyberattacks

Obama's team said it had Russian meddling 'under control' until Trump won

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...nder-control-until-trump-won-says-gop-senator

Wow you live in a whole other universe.

I love it. The Trump faithful can only reply with "but HIllary!!!". That's so depressing given the topic of this thread and the very real actions taking by this POTUS who is cool with betraying America.

Sad isn't it??

We all know that Trump is Putin's puppet. I guess Trump supporters like being Russian-like citizens and do not want to be Americans any more.

No the only freedom they care about is having their guns. Other than that - they don't care.

It's one thing to be consistently and avidly pro-Russian. It's quite another to know obscure Russian propaganda that nobody in the West even knew about until he said it on TV three days ago.

BBRLokC.img

Donald Trump speaks during a Cabinet meeting on January 2, 2019.

Yet another recent example of Trumps "alternative truths". This time borrowing from Kremlin disinformation.

No evidence of any of that.

An alternative analysis would lead to quite a difference conclusion.
Start at the 3:00 minute mark and let it run for 1 minute.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/5985469179001/

Namely to screw Putin.

So who is this Col. MacGregor?

He might know something more than parroting of the anti-Trump biased media talking points.

Maddow's team did some digging on at least some of them, and they could find no references on the usual right wing nutter outlets. Not even the really CT crap you find on their popular trash sites.
In no aspect of U.S. public discourse they could find. The implication is he's getting it directly from Russians or Russian sympathizers.
AND his own national security team is likely not vetting it.

Trump is so stupid and incompetent that it would not be at all surprising that he got it directly from Putin and spouted out in an attempt to impress without thinking about how it would look given that it is only known knowledge in Russian circles. Yes, he is that stupid!

I am actually starting to believe him when he says there was no collusion with Russia as collusion means two persons working together for a mutual goal. Trump is not colluding with Putin, he is just following Putin's orders, like a puppet would. Putin is the one handling the strings.

Last edited:

What was your first clue? This was mine, LOL.

Russian_RatherBeRuss.jpg

Trump is so stupid and incompetent that it would not be at all surprising that he got it directly from Putin and spouted out in an attempt to impress without thinking about how it would look given that it is only known knowledge in Russian circles. Yes, he is that stupid! I am actually starting to believe him when he says there was no collusion with Russia as collusion means two persons working together for a mutual goal. Trump is not colluding with Putin, he is just following Putin's orders, like a puppet would. Putin is the one handling the strings.

I actually thought that today as well, hearing it for the 5th or so time. Maybe he figures he's got insider knowledge because he talks to world leaders...which of course means "they run him like the clueless bitch he is".

I actually thought that today as well, hearing it for the 5th or so time. Maybe he figures he's got insider knowledge because he talks to world leaders...which of course means "they run him like the clueless bitch he is".

The Russians call people like Trump "Useful Idiots." For example, they manipulated Trump into standing united with Putin against the entire American intelligence community in Helsinki.

It's not like this should be a surprise to anyone. We all remember Helsinki.

I keep hoping this isn't happening. I find it very unnerving that it seems as if the POTUS worries/cares more about Russia than he does his own country but then.............

No evidence of any of that.

An alternative analysis would lead to quite a difference conclusion.
Start at the 3:00 minute mark and let it run for 1 minute.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/5985469179001/

Namely to screw Putin.

So who is this Col. MacGregor?

He might know something more than parroting of the anti-Trump biased media talking points.

USA Media report critically what leaders in US say in and out of government. Russian media report uncritically what Russian leaders say. There's some overlap but they're apples and oranges.

Tucker Carlson and the retired obscure colonel are rather focused on Trump at the moment. The bottom line here is that the unknown colonel retired is a right winger talking right wing stuff to a right winger for fellow right wingers to schmooze over. MacGregor was a Rumsfeld favorite who Rumsfeld put into it over the colonel's head. The colonel retired eventually after being passed over three times to command a brigade.

Meanwhile the 88 brass hats who endorsed Trump during the campaign are lying low as they've been otherwise engaged for more than two years now. Seems they've thrown Trump out with the bathwater and shooed him away. Maybe we'll begin hearing from some of 'em at some point sooner or later but the signs are not encouraging for Trump as we see in this instance of colonel whatshisname.

So there were no Islamic terrorists in the former Soviet Union?

Trump is citing the problems with Afghanistan, but, of course, the flaming idiots of the Fake News completely miss that, and then LIE ABOUT what he actually said..AGAIN. And here you are ABETTING THE LIE(s)...AGAIN...instead of recognizing the loss of American lives there, especially under the Obama-era "rules of engagement"...designed to HELP OUR ENEMIES THERE.

It's time to **** or get off the pot there...but, of course, in the Attack Trump Frothy-Mouthed Frenzy you are a daily proponent of, YOU IGNORE THAT.

“So there were no Islamic terrorists in the former Soviet Union?”

No proof they’re coming from Afghanistan. Islamic terrorism in Russia is homegrown. Russia has the highest percentage by far of Muslims than any other country except Muslim countries.

“Trump is citing the problems with Afghanistan, but, of course, the flaming idiots of the Fake News completely miss that, and then LIE ABOUT what he actually said..AGAIN.”

What problems did Trump cite and who said what that was a lie about specifically which problems?

“And here you are ABETTING THE LIE(s)...AGAIN”

Exactly what in the OP are ‘ABETTING THE LIE(s)’ ”?

“...instead of recognizing the loss of American lives there, especially under the Obama-era "rules of engagement"...designed to HELP OUR ENEMIES THERE.”

Exactly where in the OP is your above statement pertinent?

“It's time to **** or get off the pot there...but, of course, in the Attack Trump Frothy-Mouthed Frenzy you are a daily proponent of, YOU IGNORE THAT.”

Ignore what, exactly? Your above statement doesn’t say.

If you can’t back up what you say, all you’re doing is trolling.

Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

Trump obtains this disinformation from a Russian source.

Back
Top Bottom