• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why is Trump a better altenative than Johnson?

Fletch

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Republicans who cant vote for Hillary and cant stand the thought of Trump being president do have an alternative--Gary Johnson. Why aren't Trump haters like Romney and Cristal and the #NeverTrump folks lining up to support the libertarian ticket this fall?

Republicans who cant vote for Hillary and cant stand the thought of Trump being president do have an alternative--Gary Johnson. Why aren't Trump haters like Romney and Cristal and the #NeverTrump folks lining up to support the libertarian ticket this fall?

While they may have Trump, they will not want to give the LP play as it could then consistently draw from its base, threatening the power of the GOP. It's better, in their mind, to take the short term loss, regroup, and come back.

Splitting the GOP vote assures that HRC will win.

While they may have Trump, they will not want to give the LP play as it could then consistently draw from its base, threatening the power of the GOP. It's better, in their mind, to take the short term loss, regroup, and come back.

That makes sense. But if Trump continues to self-destruct and fall in the polls, the obvious beneficiary will be the Libertarian party. It would be great if Johnson could actually make the stage the debates.

Splitting the GOP vote assures that HRC will win.

Trump seems determined to hand the election to Hillary all by himself. Besides, he has already split the GOP.

I have thought exactly the same myself! Gary Johnson ought to be a very good alternative for those GOPs who do not like Trump. Gary Johnson stands for real American values - right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness the original way. He is the best president candidate I ever have experienced in my adult life.

Back
Top Bottom