• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is this still an issue?

In the context of her argument, she didn't call for abortion to be covered by insurance. So red herring.
I didn't say she did. I simplly told her to keep in mind that people choose to get pregnant for future discussion's sake.

I don't support either.
If you want to claim that others have no right to something, they equally they can claim that you have no religious rights. To keep your own rights, means allowing others to have their own rights to decisions you don't agree with. Otherwise the one who wishes to control others' lives, will find their life controlled.

I didn't say she did. I simplly told her to keep in mind that people choose to get pregnant for future discussion's sake.
Outside of medical issues, people who choose to get pregnant rarely do anything to alter that.

It corrupts the minds of those taking part in it, for one.
Such as been said of every religion in the world as well. What's your point?

How does gay sex corrupt a person's mind, especially a gay person?

Does recreation sex corrupt my mind?

Where I'm from the strict requirements that are set for a woman wanting this done are general for all. It's not an individual doctor's choice.
Here in the civilized world we don't need that garbage. Backwards superstitions and religious doctrine encroaching in people's medical choices is not appropriate in a republic.

Here in the western world first we had a Renaissance. And we developed the concept of individual rights and people are fleeing with nothing more than a close on their backs from certain parts of the world to get here because of it.

So if you are not currently located in the same place that you are from I'm willing to bet there's a reason for that.

Proof of that please?

A medical or psychiatry source of course.

Not this specific story, but I have heard from women personally who have had this issue, and run across multiple such stories online. Now, I'm suspect that any laws quoted are either no longer valid or are technically valid, but rarely enforced. But it is still a fight for women to get such procedures, especially young and/or childless.

Excuse me, men can get pregnant to. I find this post very transphobic and not an indication of sexism as it also applies to men who are transmen.

This is what happens when conservative men, who see us only as baby makers, get to have a say into our medical and reproductive decisions. This scenario is very common.

Is Snopes good enough for you?

If men can get pregnant, which I believe is your position, then men should have a say in pregnancy and related reproductive decisions, conservative or not.

Excuse me, men can get pregnant to. I find this post very transphobic and not an indication of sexism as it also applies to men who are transmen.
I have yet to hear of a case where a man, trans or cis, has been denied a tubal ligation or a hysterotomy, due to the above reasons. Thus it still seems to be a woman only problem.

If men can get pregnant, which I believe is your position, then men should have a say in pregnancy and related reproductive decisions, conservative or not.
Keep in mind that women are saying that even other women do not get a say in any individual's reproductive decisions. Furthermore, I can't think of a single transman that would want to have a say in a woman's reproductive decisions. Such a man only wants a say in his own reproductive decisions. Do you examples of a transman believing otherwise?

Keep in mind that women are saying that even other women do not get a say in any individual's reproductive decisions. Furthermore, I can't think of a single transman that would want to have a say in a woman's reproductive decisions. Such a man only wants a say in his own reproductive decisions. Do you examples of a transman believing otherwise?

transmen are men* who have female reproductive systems. Of course men should get a say in female reproduction policies and laws as men can get pregnant and seek abortions, etc. Every man has the right to get pregnant and keep his unborn child.

*assuming you ignore over 1,000 years of language and every dictionary in the world.

transmen are men* who have female reproductive systems. Of course men should get a say in female reproduction policies and laws as men can get pregnant and seek abortions, etc. Every man has the right to get pregnant and keep his unborn child.

*assuming you ignore over 1,000 years of language and every dictionary in the world.
You are conflating two different things. The men that Lisa is referring to are trying to control other people's reproductive decisions, not their own. Show me men who can get pregnant trying to control reproductive choice of others besides themselves.

The use of the term "gay" for homosexuals also ignores over 1,000 years of language. Language changes and evolves. Get used to it.

View attachment 67299982

I saw the above on FB, and I have to wonder how such laws are still in effect given RvW. The ruling in RvW did not limit itself to abortion (and hence why this is not in the abortion section), but stated that all medical decisions were between a person and their doctor.

Now I understand that there have been several federal level rulings that make such laws unconstitutional, but they are not universal such as abortion laws being unconstitutional are. Where is the fight for this, ladies? Why is there such a big fuss if someone tries to limit abortion, but nowhere near a riot for these types of laws?
This board isn’t your personal twitter page.

This is what happens when conservative men, who see us only as baby makers, get to have a say into our medical and reproductive decisions. This scenario is very common.

Is Snopes good enough for you?

I think it varies from state to state. Here in Maryland the only requirement is the age of 21. In my opinion it should be 18.
From MMA:
Is tubal ligation covered under the Family Planning Program?
Yes. Tubal ligation is covered. You must be at least 21 years old to get a tubal ligation. Once a woman receives a tubal ligation, she is no longer eligible for the Family Planning Program.

faqs (maryland.gov)

View attachment 67299982

I saw the above on FB, and I have to wonder how such laws are still in effect given RvW. The ruling in RvW did not limit itself to abortion (and hence why this is not in the abortion section), but stated that all medical decisions were between a person and their doctor.

Now I understand that there have been several federal level rulings that make such laws unconstitutional, but they are not universal such as abortion laws being unconstitutional are. Where is the fight for this, ladies? Why is there such a big fuss if someone tries to limit abortion, but nowhere near a riot for these types of laws?
I care as much about the crap women have to deal with as they care about about the crap men have to deal with. When women start defending mens rights i will defend theirs too. In the mean time, fight your own battles just like you expect us too. Equsl rights and all that, right!!!!

I care as much about the crap women have to deal with as they care about about the crap men have to deal with. When women start defending mens rights i will defend theirs too. In the mean time, fight your own battles just like you expect us too. Equsl rights and all that, right!!!!
Are you writing this under the assumption that I am a woman?

Back
Top Bottom