• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the Word of God Considered Dangerous?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
41e60db61f220a85580a16a0a9eca99e.jpg

Did you know the Bible has been banned in at least 52 countries? Many of these countries consider the Bible as ‘contraband’. It is sometimes not allowed because the country is Islamic, or Atheistic, as in many Communist countries. But seriously, why is the Bible such a threat to people, that is has to be banned?

Many people today claim that the Bible is mythology or made up of fairy-tales. They claim that Jesus never existed or that the Bible was written by men. If the Bible is made up of fairy-tales, why would it need to be banned? People don’t go to prison, at least not to my knowledge, for reading ‘The Iliad’, ‘The Odyssey’ or ‘Aesop’s Fables’. Don’t get me wrong though, there is a ban on books in this country. Some books are questionable and didn’t meet the standard. I was surprised to see the book ‘Where’s Waldo’ on the list, so I had to do a search on it to find out why it was banned. The reason it was banned is because there is a page with a beach scene with a woman dressed inappropriately. That makes sense. But I don’t think there are people with guns, that are spying out my house to make sure I don’t have any copies of Where’s Waldo inside my home. No one is going to arrest me for having that book on my book shelves. Not yet, anyway.

The obvious reason the Bible is banned in so many countries, is because it exposes the work of Satan. He is behind making sure that the Bible is banned. He knows that the Bible contains the words of life that will save people and give them victory over him. When people give ground to Satan, he works through them, keeping them, and everyone under their rule, in bondage. People blame God for the difficulties in life, but Satan is the one who is behind the evil we see. The reason human beings have always engaged in war is because Satan is opposed to God. He works through the people he has blinded. And we are deceived, so many times, in thinking that God is the author of evil, when it is really Satan doing it! We blame God, but it is Satan’s fault, and ours as well, for cooperating with him and believing his lies.

The Bible is the book of truth. Satan loves lies and hates the truth. So, we can understand the main reason why the Bible is banned in countries around the world today.
https://awestruck09.wordpress.com/tag/bible-banned/

Because if both sides in a conflict call on a god to support their side, they are implicitly asking god to bring death to their opponents.
That is NOT the Christian way...

"However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies+ and to pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44

It's not the word of god thats dangerous. It's those who believe in it that can be dangerous.

It's not the word of god thats dangerous. It's those who believe in it that can be dangerous.
Is that so?

So that which is not dangerous is banned so that those who are dangerous won't read it?

That is NOT the Christian way...

"However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies+ and to pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44
Do you deny that is what happens? Are you saying that people in a war calling on god to support them and destroy their enemies are not Christian?

Do you deny that is what happens? Are you saying that people in a war calling on god to support them and destroy their enemies are not Christian?
I do not and it is wrong...which is why JW's refuse to go to war against their brothers in other countries...

Is that so?

So that which is not dangerous is banned so that those who are dangerous won't read it?
Who's talking about banning anything?

You are dealing with the Queen of the No True Scotsman logical fallacy.

If someone has ever committed any sin ever, according to Elora they were never Christian.

If someone has ever committed any sin ever, according to Elora they were never Christian.
Wait a minute...I thought we were born sinners.:rolleyes:

That is a lie...we all sin, I pray for forgiveness because of my sins/human imperfections each and every day, but he who willfully sins/practices sin, knowing it is wrong and does so anyway, is not a Christian...

That is a lie...we all sin, I pray for forgiveness because of my human imperfections each and every day, but he who willfully sins/practices sin, knowing it is wrong and does so anyway, is not a Christian...

So you have never willfully sinned in your life?

Do you understand what a willful, practicer of sin is?

Are we using the arbitrary definition created by your cult so they can claim they are the only “True Christians”?

I notice you avoided the question. Because if you answered it truthfully you’d have to admit you have willfully sinned. Then I’d ask the inevitable follow on question: how much is someone allowed to willfully sin before they no longer count as “True Christians” and where is that line defined in the Bible?

Are we using the arbitrary definition created by your cult so they can claim they are the only “True Christians”?

I notice you avoided the question. Because if you answered it truthfully you’d have to admit you have willfully sinned. Then I’d ask the inevitable follow on question: how much is someone allowed to willfully sin before they no longer count as “True Christians” and where is that line defined in the Bible?
I notice you avoided the question, so I take that as a no, you do not know what willful, practice of sin is...I'll tell you what it is not...it is not an isolated sin in a moment of weakness...a willful practicer of sin does evil things intentionally/on purpose...their sins are not a result of ignorance but they know they are doing wrong and do it anyway, repeatedly...

This angle of attack on Christianity is not a credible or plausible argument because EVERY human, individual or group, whether secular or religious, can be thus accused and thereby their beliefs summarily dismissed - and that generally on the basis of hypocrisy - which is the fundamental flaw in any such whatboutism argument, because such logic is demonstrably fallacious and hypocritical itself.

Just because so-and-so, a professed believer in, or adherent to [whatever] invokes their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever as justification for destroying their enemies does not mean their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever told, taught, or otherwise made them do it. The kernel of fallacy there is always the link between what something teaches and how someone interprets such teaching - and often why.

For whatever reasons, non-Christians have always loved to make this argument, thinking it gains them unassailable points in a debate. But, it doesn't; it's simply based on a fallacy.

I notice you avoided the question, so I take that as a no, you do not know what willful, practice of sin is...I'll tell you what it is not...it is not an isolated sin in a moment of weakness...a willful practicer of sin does evil things intentionally/on purpose...their sins are not a result of ignorance but they know they are doing wrong and do it anyway, repeatedly...

If you willfully sin twice in a row, do you cease to be a “True Christian”? How about 3 times in a row?

Where does the Bible define the clear stopping point?

That means there aren't any christians at all.

Oh, well - I assumed you'd read the opening post of this thread - it being the point of the thread and all - and just 3 posts up from yours.
If the bible is being banned, take it up with those countries. I suspect they do not like theistic competition to their own myths and fairy tales.

That means there aren't any christians at all.

No, you don’t understand. If you’re a member of Elora’s cult, then when you sin, it’s an “isolated incident” and doesn’t count, so you get to be one of the only “True Christians” in the world.

If someone doesn't see something as a "sin", their willfulness doesn't matter. Sin and evil are subjective terms without an objective basis.

If someone doesn't see something as a "sin", their willfulness doesn't matter. Sin and evil are subjective terms without an objective basis.
Guess you missed this, huh...

their sins are not a result of ignorance but they know they are doing wrong and do it anyway, repeatedly...

No, you don’t understand. If you’re a member of Elora’s cult, then when you sin, it’s an “isolated incident” and doesn’t count, so you get to be one of the only “True Christians” in the world.

She seems to think her fellow JW's are perfect Christians. It only takes one sin to change that. It is illogical.

Back
Top Bottom