• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the Word of God Considered Dangerous?

41e60db61f220a85580a16a0a9eca99e.jpg

https://awestruck09.wordpress.com/tag/bible-banned/
According to the Encyclopedia of Wars, out of all 1,763 known/recorded historical conflicts, 121, or 6.87%, had religion as their primary cause. Matthew White's The Great Big Book of Horrible Things gives religion as the primary cause of 11 of the world's 100 deadliest atrocities.

According to the Encyclopedia of Wars, out of all 1,763 known/recorded historical conflicts, 121, or 6.87%, had religion as their primary cause. Matthew White's The Great Big Book of Horrible Things gives religion as the primary cause of 11 of the world's 100 deadliest atrocities.
Would you say they followed Jesus' teachings?

Would you say they followed Jesus' teachings?

How many times is someone allowed to not follow Jesus’s teachings before they no longer count as “True Christian” and where does the Bible give that limit?

This angle of attack on Christianity is not a credible or plausible argument because EVERY human, individual or group, whether secular or religious, can be thus accused and thereby their beliefs summarily dismissed - and that generally on the basis of hypocrisy - which is the fundamental flaw in any such whatboutism argument, because such logic is demonstrably fallacious and hypocritical itself.

Just because so-and-so, a professed believer in, or adherent to [whatever] invokes their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever as justification for destroying their enemies does not mean their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever told, taught, or otherwise made them do it. The kernel of fallacy there is always the link between what something teaches and how someone interprets such teaching - and often why.

For whatever reasons, non-Christians have always loved to make this argument, thinking it gains them unassailable points in a debate. But, it doesn't; it's simply based on a fallacy.
Oh, so god determines which prayers are worth listening to and which should be ignored. And people wonder why Americans are turning their backs on organized religion.

because it is not the word of god. And wouldn't it being god's word throw out the usual "free will" argument religious people love to use to explain away the horrors of life, that a "loving god" could not possibly let be. What, he had a one time rule for interfering with man? Also, why is god's word so unclear, why only given to one civilization in the world, and what about the many centuries of humans long before he decide to get his word out.

I too judge the value of a book by how banned it is. That’s why I stopped reading the Bible and now follow the scripture of our Lord and Savior George Orwell and learn from the wisdom of 13 Reasons Why.
For all time, the most frequently banned book is 1984 by George Orwell. (How very Orwellian!)

The most banned and challenged book for 2017 was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

She seems to think her fellow JW's are perfect Christians. It only takes one sin to change that. It is illogical.
She thinks everyone else deserves to die.

This angle of attack on Christianity is not a credible or plausible argument because EVERY human, individual or group, whether secular or religious, can be thus accused and thereby their beliefs summarily dismissed - and that generally on the basis of hypocrisy - which is the fundamental flaw in any such whatboutism argument, because such logic is demonstrably fallacious and hypocritical itself.

Just because so-and-so, a professed believer in, or adherent to [whatever] invokes their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever as justification for destroying their enemies does not mean their god, or God, or idol, or leader, or whatever told, taught, or otherwise made them do it. The kernel of fallacy there is always the link between what something teaches and how someone interprets such teaching - and often why.

For whatever reasons, non-Christians have always loved to make this argument, thinking it gains them unassailable points in a debate. But, it doesn't; it's simply based on a fallacy.
I dont believe in a fictional deity that tells me i should murder and commit genocide or that slavery was ever ok.

I dont believe in a fictional deity that tells me i should murder and commit genocide or that slavery was ever ok.
And what "fictional diety" told you to murder and commit genocide and that slavery was ok?

That is NOT the Christian way...

"However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies+ and to pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44
Theistic religious belief is illogical people being misled by myths and outright lies and used as pawns for politicians because a church has aligned itself with the state.

Back
Top Bottom