• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the White House releasing US intelligence on Putin's moves in Ukraine? Behind the unusual strategy

Frame it as you like, straightforward power plays are how international diplomacy works a great deal of the time. All we can do is signal our intention to resist the takeover, and then resist intelligently.

I'm not clear on what you're suggesting instead. Should we ignore Russia picking at Ukraine, or are you saying it's not going to happen in any case?

My position is and has always been that I oppose modern colonialism, US Hegemony and Exceptionalism, and I stand against all wars and military conflicts that don't involve defending our own borders and territorial waters.

If Eastern Europe wants to band together and fight Russia, that's their business. It's none of ours.

We can rush weapons and troops into Poland and weapons into Ukraine and other sovereign nations do the same. You are trying to turn naked Russian aggression into an American Political adventure and its just not going to fly. SORRY. Biden is not Mafia Donald Trump.....thank God!

I oppose neo-con ideology, such as you're espousing.

My position is and has always been that I oppose modern colonialism, US Hegemony and Exceptionalism, and I stand against all wars and military conflicts that don't involve defending our own borders and territorial waters.

If Eastern Europe wants to band together and fight Russia, that's their business. It's none of ours.

We've agreed to help much of Europe with exactly that, and we've spent the last few decades selling them weapons by the ton for the purpose.

It would be weird to sit it out after all that.

I'm sorry you don't like our international diplomatic positions, but frankly they haven't changed much in a while, either. Are there many empowered officials pushing your position?

Last edited:
I oppose neo-con ideology, such as you're espousing.
I don't care what you oppose and further I don't care what you choose to call it. We are party to the Budapest Memorandum and so is Russia. The difference is that we are supporting our signature and Russia is shitting on theirs. Why am I not surprised?

So weird, I just go home, logged onto my computer and these two things pop up right next to each other in my newsfeed.

So weird, I just go home, logged onto my computer and these two things pop up right next to each other in my newsfeed.

LOL! Even the Ukrainian PM was telling the US to shut up just days ago.

LOL! Even the Ukrainian PM was telling the US to shut up just days ago.
I know. It's getting so weird how the U.S. government seems to just be married to their narrative and few other countries have a similar narrative.

So what. Hopefull nonsense from Boris when in fact Russia already sent Macron packing once in the last week. Its happy talk. Russia has no interest in anything either France or the UK have to say.

That said, if war is averted, I would expect Putin to credit IDIOT Macron instead of crediting Biden for anything. Macron is desperately trying to fill Merkel's shoes. So far....no dice.

Last edited:
Why is the White House releasing US intelligence on Putin's moves in Ukraine? Behind the unusual strategy

^^ This is what gaslighting looks like.

The following is pure BS:

Putin is "off balance" because the US is drum-beating propaganda to it's own citizens to gain public support for US military action?

Have we learned nothing since 9-11? Have we not already sacrificed enough men and women in uniform trying to rule the world?

What about the the thousands upon tens of thousands of dead civilians, wounded and PTSD vets? What is our National interest in Ukraine beyond missile bases pointed at Moscow?
There is a national interest in Ukraine remaining a west leaning country under its' own national sovereignty. Imo, this release of US intelligence may have already prevented a Russian intrusion. Putin seems to like using the Olympics as a time to create havoc.

So what. Hopefull nonsense from Boris when in fact Russia already sent Macron packing once in the last week. Its happy talk.
Okay, so what is the purpose of the "talk" of the U.S.?
Several days ago, one might argue it was to strongly convince people to relocate to safer places. That seems quite sensible.
But, on and on and on from the U.S. now - what purpose does it serve (or the better question might now be what harm is it potentially causing)?
We completely understand Biden and team. You REALLY want us to know you are certain Russia will invade Ukraine at any second (4 days ago and every second since). Why do you just keep repeating and repeating that message. You're even annoying/frustrating/angering the people and leaders of the very country at risk.
What is the U.S. goal/desire/tactic in the constant repetition of this message???? What benefit do you think it will provide and to whom?

Okay, so what is the purpose of the "talk" of the U.S.?
Several days ago, one might argue it was to strongly convince people to relocate to safer places. That seems quite sensible.
But, on and on and on from the U.S. now - what purpose does it serve (or the better question might now be what harm is it potentially causing)?
We completely understand Biden and team. You REALLY want us to know you are certain Russia will invade Ukraine at any second (4 days ago and every second since). Why do you just keep repeating and repeating that message. You're even annoying/frustrating/angering the people and leaders of the very country at risk.
What is the U.S. goal/desire/tactic in the constant repetition of this message???? What benefit do you think it will provide and to whom?
Well there is a lot of gibberish in this one post in the quote box above.

The purpose of the "talk" of the US has been to make it more difficult for Russia to lay the pretext for an attack on Ukraine and to throw Vlad off his stride. If in fact this impending invasion is averted it will be because of what the US is doing in these days.

As for Zelensky and his people, reluctantly they are coming around to realize that an attack is eminent and its is more an issue of when and where and how many UNLESS Putin is convinced that we have already stuffed too many arms into Ukraine and will continue to do so making the Russian Body Bag count too high for him over time.

As I pointed out earlier, a good case can be made that the capitulation of the Soviet Union really began with their incursion into Czechoslovakia in 1968. If Putin does go forward and especially if he goes forward including a direct assault on Kyiv, this could be the end of Putin. At the same time Putin is actually closing off any diplomatic result as he is not negotiating. He has not changed his position one iota. Laying out your demands and sticking to them is not negotiating. As such I no longer think he will negotiate and will only resist the temptation to attack if he thinks the eventual body bag count coming back to Russia will be too high over time.

Yes, it seems like 100% of Biden's efforts are in exposing/discrediting a false flag operation. I don't get why he thinks that strategy will have some incredible and instrumental impact. Isn't it common knowledge throughout most of the world that a false flag operation is just standard procedure in the Putin playbook? Does Biden think his dramatic efforts at exposing what everyone already knows about Putin is some kind of leadership or strength position.
I don't think I'd say that 100% of his efforts are put into that one tactic - there has clearly been a lot of attempts to shore up European allies, there are clearly some sanctions' packages that have been planned (presumably depending on what the Russians do), presumably (gosh, hopefully) we've been going through our cyber defenses after that attack on the East Coast pipeline last year....

I think though, that, at the end of the day, we aren't willing to commit kinetic combat to this fight, and, so, our ability to influence the battlespace is limited.

Macron is desperately trying to fill Merkel's shoes. So far....no dice.
Macaroni will only end up filling his shorts once he realizes what a sucker he is.

Macaroni will only end up filling his shorts once he realizes what a sucker he is.
I don't know which one looks more pitiful lately, Macron or Boris. I can't believe Macron is setting himself for more embarrassment after he got slam dunked by Putin Feb 7th.

This latest happy talk is an agreement to "talk" about ending the fighting in East Ukraine. Huh??? Seems to me we are way past that now Macron.

And when the Russian's attack, will you blame Biden for that. Ukraine woud never attack Putin, nnot in this lifetime.
The entire conflict can be blamed on America as a whole!

Russia simply says "NO" American's desire to control the entire world, to its military expansionism an its sick subversive activities abroad(regime change operations in nations friendly to Russia and so on)

What happened so far is already too much.

Ukraine is a red line! Cross it and you'll be nuked!

Back
Top Bottom