• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the White House releasing US intelligence on Putin's moves in Ukraine? Behind the unusual strategy

I don’t think it has anything to do with the US getting involved militarily. It’s just an interesting strategy.

Of course not. The Russians have made it abundantly clear that any armed NATO intervention in support of Ukraine will result in nuclear reprisal.

We're not willing to burn the world over Kiev, so the US is forced to pursue other options.

Why is the White House releasing US intelligence on Putin's moves in Ukraine? Behind the unusual strategy

^^ This is what gaslighting looks like.

The following is pure BS:

Putin is "off balance" because the US is drum-beating propaganda to it's own citizens to gain public support for US military action?

Have we learned nothing since 9-11? Have we not already sacrificed enough men and women in uniform trying to rule the world?

What about the the thousands upon tens of thousands of dead civilians, wounded and PTSD vets? What is our National interest in Ukraine beyond missile bases pointed at Moscow?

What is it you're trying to say?

Biden: "Russia...intending to attack Ukraine"- Flag Rally to Stop Approval Rating Plunge?

Biden ‘convinced’ Russia intends to attack Ukraine within days (link)

Above article came out in advance of Presidential address where Biden declared Russia was about to engage in "“catastrophic and needless war of choice” (link). Is this an effort to "rally round the flag" (link, excerpts below):

While I never saw it the movie "Wag the Dog" had the same theme I am told. This has all the elements:
  1. Biden's poll numbers are tanking
  2. His leadership is widely derided in popular chants
  3. He is a walking gaff machine;
  4. Inflation is visibly rampant, obvious at the gas pump and the grocery store
It's a great time for a crisis. And this over a country that had until 1990 never been independent. Also, last I heard, doesn't the Biden family have business interests there? Makes you wonder.
So, Biden and his team are the ones moving hundreds of thousands of troops to the Ukraine border? How did they orchestrate that?

It's not believable.

^^ This is what gaslighting looks like.

The following is pure BS:

Putin is "off balance" because the US is drum-beating propaganda to it's own citizens to gain public support for US military action?

Have we learned nothing since 9-11? Have we not already sacrificed enough men and women in uniform trying to rule the world?

What about the the thousands upon tens of thousands of dead civilians, wounded and PTSD vets? What is our National interest in Ukraine beyond missile bases pointed at Moscow?

also why would they send Kamala Harris, with no international experience I have ever heard of, to negotiate this?

unless... they know Putin is not going to attack and this is some sort of ploy to make them look better than they have thus far in dealing with ... just about every other thing.

This latest Russian effort has nothing to do with who's in the White House, seeing as it started under Trump and continued under Biden.
It started under Obama stopped under Trump restarted with Biden.

Biden: "Russia...intending to attack Ukraine"- Flag Rally to Stop Approval Rating Plunge?

Biden ‘convinced’ Russia intends to attack Ukraine within days (link)

Above article came out in advance of Presidential address where Biden declared Russia was about to engage in "“catastrophic and needless war of choice” (link). Is this an effort to "rally round the flag" (link, excerpts below):

While I never saw it the movie "Wag the Dog" had the same theme I am told. This has all the elements:
  1. Biden's poll numbers are tanking
  2. His leadership is widely derided in popular chants
  3. He is a walking gaff machine;
  4. Inflation is visibly rampant, obvious at the gas pump and the grocery store
It's a great time for a crisis. And this over a country that had until 1990 never been independent. Also, last I heard, doesn't the Biden family have business interests there? Makes you wonder.
:LOL:(y)

I would not recommend leaning on this argument.
Recommendation noted.

Because, as difficult as this is for us Americans to accept, sometimes, not everything is actually about our domestic tribal politics.
Actually, yes...EVERYTHING the WH does is about politics.

I think it's all about the upcoming election.

The Dems know the Russians won't invade, but by making all this noise about an impending invasion, when it doesn't happen...they'll be able to say that f Biden/Dems threats of retaliation made Putin back down.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Putin is in on the con. He certainly doesn't want Trump and the Republican rank and file to get more power in Congress or the White House. It's better for him with Pelosi, Schumer and Biden's pukes in control.
That whole rant is just preposterous. Trump is and will always be Putin's useful idiot. Putin got more from Trump than any other president in history. Trust me, he's not trying to help Biden or the democrats in congress.

Do you not think Biden knows full well that a war in Ukraine will make our inflation even worse?

also why would they send Kamala Harris, with no international experience I have ever heard of, to negotiate this?

unless... they know Putin is not going to attack and this is some sort of ploy to make them look better than they have thus far in dealing with ... just about every other thing.

I approve of President Biden. He is doing well IMO.

I also dont watch FOX "news".

We're in good hands with President Biden imo.
This is Peaceful Warrior, and I approve this message. ✔️

it could be as simple as tasking her with the border and other things she is incapable of doing

To all the anti-Biden Trumpers on this board and their statements about Biden using this event to help himself.

You are 100% right and I totally laud him for that. It is intelligent and means he is not senile. It also shows him to be a person that can find the positives in every negative and that is the sign of a leader. When you face harsh reality and find the way to come out with the best outcome possible, it is a plus (not a minus).

Biden did not "invent" this problem. This was not a ploy (con) hatched by Biden to get people to see him in a better light. Russia has sent 190,000 troops to the Ukraine border and that is not something anyone with any intelligence does if he "does not mean" to do something". As such, and as a leader that Biden is, he is coming up with the best answers possible to address this issue and if that means that he will generate a better approval rating, Great!!!

I know you guys do not want that to happen but that is the problem that the Republicans never seem to understand. We live in the real world and not some fantasy world and in the real world you need to find the right answer and not simply hope that miracles occur (such as the fantasy idea that Trump won the 2020 election).

Grow up people.

Hahahaha! I have to do this again..........Hahahahaha!...........and again.......Hahahahahahaha!

Mycroft, this is the MOST insane thing you have EVER said in your life. I mean, it is beyond reality to a degree I have never seen before. A fantasy world that I did not know even existed.

Putin wanting Pelosi, Schumer and Biden in control? The people that actually hate Putin and everything he represents? The people that are saying that the worst sanctions possible will be instituted on Putin if he invaded?

We will probably not put "the worst sanctions possible" on Russia if they invade Ukraine. Germany and other allies would likely balk, as it would cost them financially, as well.

However, a couple points are worth being made:

- There was actually a lot of continuity when it came to the Trump/Biden handover in the realm of foreign policy, more than either side is willing to admit.*

- For example, both Trump and Biden are shifting American foreign policy resources and focus away from CT to Great Power Competition v China, Russia, and, to a lesser degree, North Korea (they do differ sharply on Iran, where Biden is wedded to a legacy policy from the Obama administration).

- Neither group "hates Putin and everything he represents" (Biden was VP of the administration with the Reset Button, after all), but both groups tend to see foreign policy now through a domestic policy lens... which is not how the rest of the world tends to see it. Our domestic political tribal bickering is not as important to the rest of the world as they are to us, and who-is-in-the-White-House is not even an important question in many disputes.

Not really picking an argument with you, but, just, general comments I felt were worth making.

* Both parties want a general retrenchment from what they see as adventurism abroad. Both wanted to ratchet back the war on terror, and get out of Afghanistan. Both want NATO to pony up more to cover the cost of the Alliance. Trump, for all his bluster and the stupid things that would come out of his mouth, did ratchet up sanctions on Russia, and, under his administration, the U.S. military killed a bunch of Russians in Syria (as was typical of that administration, there was a disconnect between policy and messaging).

it could be as simple as tasking her with the border and other things she is incapable of doing
I mean it certainly is possible, but have you ever heard the president come on every few days and say , "yes we a are STILL sure they are going to attack! they haven't yet, BUT they are going to!!" ?

as if trying as hard as possible to keep it in the public eye because they need it to be.

it just seems strange to me.

if this ends without the attack , and then they laud their great diplomatic victory...riiiight.

yeah I'm going to call wagging the dog on that one.

Trump supporters are very grateful to Putin for helping to elect Trump. He also symbolize the antu-democtric white nationalism that the GOP cultivates.

Real Americans recognize that Putin has already attacked us, and should want to see Putin overthrown. He is a threat to democracy everywhere.

To all the anti-Biden Trumpers on this board and their statements about Biden using this event to help himself.

You are 100% right and I totally laud him for that. It is intelligent and means he is not senile. It also shows him to be a person that can find the positives in every negative and that is the sign of a leader. When you face harsh reality and find the way to come out with the best outcome possible, it is a plus (not a minus).

Biden did not "invent" this problem. This was not a ploy (con) hatched by Biden to get people to see him in a better light. Russia has sent 190,000 troops to the Ukraine border and that is not something anyone with any intelligence does if he "does not mean" to do something". As such, and as a leader he is, he is coming up with the best answers possible to address this issue and if that means that he will generate a better approval rating, Great!!!

I know you guys do not want that to happen but that is the problem that the Republicans never seem to understand. We live in the real world and not some fantasy world and in the real world you need to find the right answer and not simply hope that miracles occur (such as the fantasy idea that Trump won the 2020 election).

Grow up people.
true he didnt invent the "massing" but he most certainly could invent crap like "imminent sack of Kyiv"
or just go along with our Russiaphobic intelligence agencies to enjoy the political benefits
of "rally round the flag" politics

You have to remember the Gates evaluation of Biden: no reason to think he's capable here either
"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” (Gates)

She wanted to go to Europe and she wanted to do something Important, and now she's got it :D

There is some interesting RUMINT that there are more than a few people in the Obama administration who have never forgotten that Harris attacked Biden with the racism charge during the primary. Letting her get set up to fail would be a fitting way to make sure she doesn't get to be his successor.

What is going to be ya'lls' take if Putin does further invade Ukraine?

Biden did not "invent" this problem. This was not a ploy (con) hatched by Biden to get people to see him in a better light. Russia has sent 190,000 troops to the Ukraine border and that is not something anyone with any intelligence does if he "does not mean" to do something". As such, and as a leader that Biden is, he is coming up with the best answers possible to address this issue and if that means that he will generate a better approval rating, Great!!!

Grow up people.
Or that Covid would "just disappear" In April, with the heat, it will just go away.

The only one that wants this conflict in eastern Europe is Putin. Biden had nothing to do with starting it and is doing everything in his power to put an end to it without American causalities. What happens in Ukraine is entirely up to Putin, a murderous dictator who just wants more power. The US is obligated to try and help stop it.

Trump supporters are very grateful to Putin for helping to elect Trump. He also symbolize the antu-democtric white nationalism that the GOP cultivates.

Real Americans recognize that Putin has already attacked us, and should want to see Putin overthrown. He is a threat to democracy everywhere.

:D Hey @j brown's body , the 1980s called, and they want their foreign policy back :D

Romney Not Ready.gif

She wanted to go to Europe and she wanted to do something Important, and now she's got it :D

There is some interesting RUMINT that there are more than a few people in the Obama administration who have never forgotten that Harris attacked Biden with the racism charge during the primary. Letting her get set up to fail would be a fitting way to make sure she doesn't get to be his successor.

What is going to be ya'lls' take if Putin does further invade Ukraine?

well then , Biden was right. I still don't see the logic in sending an unexperienced diplomat into serious international diplomacy, but... maybe they need a figurehead. Maybe Biden thinks its a win win for him regardless.

we'll have to wait and see how they react to what happens.

Recommendation noted.

(y)

Actually, yes...EVERYTHING the WH does is about politics.
Everything the White House can leverage for domestic political advantage, they will. That is not the same as "everything that happens in foreign policy is driven by, or about, U.S. domestic politics".

this is not the first time that Zelensky has treated the alarmist rhetoric of the United States and NATO countries with a certain scorn.

It has even become something of a trademark for the president since the beginning of the crisis with Russia. At the end of January, he had asked US President Joe Biden to "calm down", while the White House was already warning about the possible imminence of a Russian attack. "The captains should not leave the ship. I don’t think we have a Titanic here," he added, suggesting that Ukraine did not feel it was on the brink.

Zelensky also called last week for Western countries to "provide proof" that Russian President Vladimir Putin was preparing to launch his tanks on Kiev.

Ukraine was already at loggerheads with Russia, mired in a crisis since 2014 and the outbreak of war in the country's separatist east. Zelensky’s predecessor, Petro Poroshenko, was suffering from low popularity.

We will probably not put "the worst sanctions possible" on Russia if they invade Ukraine. Germany and other allies would likely balk, as it would cost them financially, as well.

However, a couple points are worth being made:

- There was actually a lot of continuity when it came to the Trump/Biden handover in the realm of foreign policy, more than either side is willing to admit.*

- For example, both Trump and Biden are shifting American foreign policy resources and focus away from CT to Great Power Competition v China, Russia, and, to a lesser degree, North Korea (they do differ sharply on Iran, where Biden is wedded to a legacy policy from the Obama administration).

- Neither group "hates Putin and everything he represents" (Biden was VP of the administration with the Reset Button, after all), but both groups tend to see foreign policy now through a domestic policy lens... which is not how the rest of the world tends to see it. Our domestic political tribal bickering is not as important to the rest of the world as they are to us, and who-is-in-the-White-House is not even an important question in many disputes.

Not really picking an argument with you, but, just, general comments I felt were worth making.

* Both parties want a general retrenchment from what they see as adventurism abroad. Both wanted to ratchet back the war on terror, and get out of Afghanistan. Both want NATO to pony up more to cover the cost of the Alliance. Trump, for all his bluster and the stupid things that would come out of his mouth, did ratchet up sanctions on Russia, and, under his administration, the U.S. military killed a bunch of Russians in Syria (as was typical of that administration, there was a disconnect between policy and messaging).
The Democratic leaders "hate" autocracy and tyranny as that is the exact opposite of their beliefs. Putin represents autocracy to the nth degree and is totally against Democracy and that is why he is an enemy to the U.S. The U.S. represent everything that Putin is against.

Since World War 2, the world is split in two with those in favor of Democracy is some form and those against it (China, Russia, etc). By nature, all world leaders have to be in favor or against Democracy in some form and either for or against the countries that represent those. The U.S. represents Democracy and China and Russia the opposite side. There is no "middle ground".

As such, this is NOT about foreign policy. It is about what side you are on. There is one Murphy's Law that does apply here and that is that money/economics is involved as well and money is sometime more important than either of those.

Money is where things get somewhat skewed.

Back
Top Bottom