• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the right wing losing the immigration battle? [W:35]

I'm not exactly sure how hiring someone and providing them a way to support themselves is exploiting them.

Not all of them pay employees enough to support themselves. (If Walmart can pay its staff so little that they have to depend on food stamps, why treat illegals any better?)

Illegal Immigration - All of us have the right to free travel and to move, interact, and business with anyone that is otherwise willing to do so. For example, If I can buy a home in the US because someone desires to sell me one there is no reason I should not be permitted to do so nor should I be stopped from moving in that house regardless of where I am coming from. Therefore, all laws that declare someone illegal is a violation of the peoples rights.

Free Trade- I don't believe the state should intervene in the transactions of goods and services of the citizens of the world. I think the idea of free trade agreements are absurdities of the highest order as they come from the position that the government is in charge over who we do business with.

Sending Jobs overseas- All of us have the right to trade and do business with whomever we are capable of trading with using our own resources, and for that reason I have no problem with a business going overseas and finding a better deal for labor, much like I would have no problem with any other citizen going overseas to find a better deal on whatever they desire to acquire.

I really have no idea how those views compare to the Libertarian parties views on the issues.

Herein lies the mis-conception....a misconception that have literally upended the rules. You can't just walk into a foreign country and take up residence ....you can't! The Chinese, the Japanese, the French the Australians etc wouldn't allow this!

I can't say this enough, how many people who have that idea about America ...quickly pivot away to protective stance when it comes to their country of origin! If you say to me Americans stole the land and this isn't really theirs ....as your explanation for just wanting to willy-nilly walk in the country...I'd respect your argument more. But if you believe this is a sovereign country then why do you feel you should be able to just wander into the country and live? :(

Ask any Mexican what would happen if a say a few Haitians wander into mexico and decide to stay there!

By your argument why not just let in anybody...terrorists drug dealer whatever....just let them in...because.... "illegal"... seem to have no meaning in America anymore!

How did the right allow the left to brow-beat them into submission that a phrase like ..."illegal-immigrant"...is almost like saying the ""N-word"?

The right is losing because the overwhelming majority of americans reject the right's unamerican xenophobia, racism and hate.

The right is losing because the overwhelming majority of americans reject the right's unamerican xenophobia, racism and hate.

Sigh ...bingo...you'e correct here. :(

Why am I unhappy with this reality...this time? Like i said before this is the one time I wanted the right wing to have some sort of win.

I don't think the right are losing the battle. I would agree if immigration amnesty is passed. But it doesn't look like that will happen.

The left, as usual, is loud and calling everyone that disagrees with them racist or whatever. Par for the course and I think they've gone to that well too many times.

One thing the left (specifically the media) does well is conflate immigration with illegal immigration. True, there are some xenophobes who don't want *any* immigration but I would say 95% support legal immigration and its misleading for the media to refer to those who oppose illegal immigration as anti-immigrant.

The truth is that the illegal immigration issue will be settled once the politicians start listening to their constituents rather then big donors such as the US Chamber of congress. Neither side on Capitol Hill is being completely honest or smart on the issue. The democrats see illegal immigration/amnesty as a means to pad their voter base with instant democrats into perpetuity. The republicans, including big shots like Boehner, McConnell, and Ryan are perfectly aware that their base is against illegal immigration and the passing of any comprehensive immigration bill until our borders are secured. However the republican leaders are more afraid of their big donors then the people who actually go out and vote for them. The only thing that has stopped an immigration/amnesty bill from passing this year is Eric Cantor's loss in his primary in Virginia.

Pull the string, listen to what the doll says.

Sigh ...bingo...you'e correct here. :(

Why am I unhappy with this reality...this time? Like i said before this is the one time I wanted the right wing to have some sort of win.

Why are you unhappy? Because your beliefs concerning immigration are unamerican

You know the answer to that question, you don't need to hear it form him at this point.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal and baiting crap or consequences will occur.

Un-American...huh? I believe there already is a process in place to legally get people in the country, and we should use it. I see nothing Un-American about that.
Another thing to mention here about this system is, it's immigration ....it's not supposed to be quick and fast. In many countries it takes time, and if you think about it ...it should take time.
Many countries try to access what the hell you bring to the country as a immigrant, in China for example if you have a $1/2 Million to invest you're fast tracked to citizenship.

You have to have a process. It is my assessment that the Latino community believes in some agenda, some sort of mandate or self-full filling prophecy that their group alone should come here in mass and drown out all other groups. How long will it be before you're not eligible for a job in America unless you're fluent in Spanish?

The process should ensure we have balance in who we get into this country, Latinos, Japanese, Chinese, Africans and people from the European region. Yet look around you ... on every news program immigration also seems like it's all about getting more Latinos in the country!

Fix the process, exercise the existing laws on the books and cease this deliberate chaotic approach. A chaotic approach not just from Obama, but from all his predecessors.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal and baiting crap or consequences will occur.

What baiting are you referring to?
I see nothing in this thread that couldn't be said for every thread on this board, please state these specific baiting?

Un-American...huh?

Yes.

From the first days of the US, we have encouraged immigration, and even up until today, the large majority of americans support immigration including a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally (with qualifications). Your position that they should all be prevented from entering the country and that those who already have should be deported is opposed by most Americans.

That's just not true. We go through periods of varying effectiveness of security on the borders. Do illegals still sneak through, yes. But this isn't one of those all or nothing things, we catch and deport.

The border has never been locked, you may be confusing that with being secured.

That is not correct. The ebbs and flows come with the economic times in the US...the US has deported on average yearly over the past 15 years 1/3 to 1/2 of the persons coming over the border. That is clearly evident in the 15 million estimate of illegal aliens residing in the US today.

75% apprehension and deportation would be effective border security...that is not even close to our current rates of a&d. The border has never been secure.

Reagan gave MILLIONS of illegals amnesty back in the 1980's if he did it, the black guy can do it, what's good for the goose is good for the gander..

As long as employers and corporations, ran by RepubliKKKOns lust for cheap labor the brown people will keep coming over here, i used to live in Cali i know, why pay a living wage to an American when i can pay a MEXICAN, a **** 10 bucks an hour....

As long as Americans beg for illegal street drugs, and guy's that will work for nothing, Mexicans will keep jumping the border....

What baiting are you referring to?
I see nothing in this thread that couldn't be said for every thread on this board, please state these specific baiting?

Moderator's Warning:
Do NOT comment on moderation publicly.

Moderator's Warning:
Do NOT comment on moderation publicly.

Here's what I think......TAKE YOUR WARNING AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!!

LOL...you must think I'm some loser with no life! :lamo

Here's what I think......TAKE YOUR WARNING AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!!

LOL...you must think I'm some loser with no life! :lamo
This is gonna end well....

Back
Top Bottom