• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

• Total voters

Goobieman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

See:
The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – Telegraph Blogs

The article gives 10 reasons for The Obama’s worsening popularity among the American people and all of the political woes that follow such a thing.

Which of these items to you believe are the cause behind The Obama’s rising unpopularity? Why?
Do none of these explain his decline? If not, then what does?
Are there others that should be added to the list?

Last edited:
What is with conservatives and Republicans calling him things like "The Obama" and "The Messiah"? The only people who are putting him on a pedestal are yourselves. Yes, he got a lot of hype for being the first black president... but that doesn't automatically qualify him for being the best president ever who always knows what's best for the American people. Most people who idolized him have gotten over that notion... apparently many on the right haven't moved on. If you haven't noticed, his approval rating is falling... a fact I'm sure you're aware of by making this poll. So knock off the smugness please.

What is with conservatives and Republicans calling him things like "The Obama" and "The Messiah"? The only people who are putting him on a pedestal are yourselves. Yes, he got a lot of hype for being the first black president... but that doesn't automatically qualify him for being the best president ever who always knows what's best for the American people. Most people who idolized him have gotten over that notion... apparently many on the right haven't moved on. If you haven't noticed, his approval rating is falling... a fact I'm sure you're aware of by making this poll. So knock off the smugness please.
About “The Leg” « Chris Matthew’s Leg

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

Dated 2008. Besides, who the hell cares what turns Chris Matthews on?

"What is with conservatives and Republicans calling him things like "The Obama" and "The Messiah"? The only people who are putting him on a pedestal are yourselves."

You

How is "trouble" defined, exactly? They are elected for a set period, and will see out that period, whatever the polls might say.

"What is with conservatives and Republicans calling him things like "The Obama" and "The Messiah"? The only people who are putting him on a pedestal are yourselves."

You

Lol what??

What is with conservatives and Republicans calling him things like "The Obama" and "The Messiah"...
All of this is off-topic.

How is "trouble" defined, exactly? They are elected for a set period, and will see out that period, whatever the polls might say.
That should be fairly obvious -- political touble in terms of a very real possibility of His party loisng their majority in the house/senate this year, thereby eliminating His chance to move forward with His agenda - say nothing of His chance to be re-elected.

Aside from being impeached, this is about as much political trouble as a President can get into.

I dont really see that his administration is in trouble. He's followed through or is working on currently a lot of his campaign promises and there was plenty of room for the economic crisis to go far worse far faster than it has and I think Obama has at least kept things from getting worse. I'm interested to see how the next two years go and if they go well, I'd be willing to vote for him a second time.

All of this is off-topic.

Most threads on DP get off topic from time to time. Next time I'd recommend not tailoring a thread toward one side of the aisle. Moving on...

Obama is mainly failing because he is ignoring and in some cases insulting people on the right. He has been very partisan and divisive. Whether one agrees with any one side or not, they are still Americans who's positions on the issues should be taken into consideration. Having a temporary majority should not mean the Dems can do what ever they want. Many people in America hold conservative opinions, and to ignore those people means political doom.

The debt, deficit, increased spending (with limited results), taxing issues, health care debate, border security, immigration division, slowing economy, and high unemployment do not help either.

I dont really see that his administration is in trouble
Can you refute the argument to that effect laid out in the article linked to in the OP?

What is it with these retarded one sided polls?

Anyways, I won't vote for your poll because its stupid, however I think Obama's biggest misstep is the order in which he is doing things. Specifically, focusing on healthcare right now was a very bad idea. Had he shown improvement on the economy first I think more people would have been receptive to it. I think it is something he should have concentrated later on in his presidency.

Can you refute the argument to that effect laid out in the article linked to in the OP?
There isnt really an argument there, it's just someone re-hashing all the same tired rants Conservatives have been throwing around for two years.

I mean, the author starts in about Obama's speeches, criticizing his use of a teleprompter when every president since the technology was available has used one.

Ranting is not argument.

There isnt really an argument there...
There's no argument establishing The Obama's political troubles? Did you read the article? There's even links to substantiate the claims.

To wit:
The last few weeks have been a nightmare for President Obama, in a summer of discontent in the United States which has deeply unsettled the ruling liberal elites, so much so that even the Left has begun to turn against the White House. While the anti-establishment Tea Party movement has gained significant ground and is now a rising and powerful political force to be reckoned with, many of the president’s own supporters as well as independents are rapidly losing faith in Barack Obama, with open warfare breaking out between the White House and the left-wing of the Democratic Party. While conservatism in America grows stronger by the day, the forces of liberalism are growing increasingly weaker and divided.

Against this backdrop, the president’s approval ratings have been sliding dramatically all summer, with the latest Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll of US voters dropping to minus 22 points, the lowest point so far for Barack Obama since taking office. While just 24 per cent of American voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance, almost twice that number, 46 per cent, strongly disapprove. According to Rasmussen, 65 per cent of voters believe the United States is going down the wrong track, including 70 per cent of independents.

The RealClearPolitics average of polls now has President Obama at over 50 per cent disapproval, a remarkably high figure for a president just 18 months into his first term. Strikingly, the latest USA Today/Gallup survey has the President on just 41 per cent approval, with 53 per cent disapproving.
There's the 'He is in trouble' argument.
Can you refute what the author says here, or not?

I'd say the bulk of it is probably the ****ty economy. If unemployment were at 4%, nobody would give a **** about anything in the OP.

What is it with these retarded one sided polls?
It's a poll asking if you agree with the reasons given for The Obama's political troubles.
By its very nature, it is one-sided.

Anyways, I won't vote for your poll because its stupid...
This is due to a lack of understanding on your part, not any defect in the poll.

however I think Obama's biggest misstep is the order in which he is doing things. Specifically, focusing on healthcare right now was a very bad idea. Had he shown improvement on the economy first I think more people would have been receptive to it. I think it is something he should have concentrated later on in his presidency.
You appear to agree with at least two of the poll options -- why is it again you wont vote in the poll?

There's no argument establishing The Obama's political troubles? Did you read the article? There's even links to substantiate the claims.

To wit:

There's the 'He is in trouble' argument.
Can you refute what the author says here, or not?
Again, it's ranting. "Ruling liberal elites"? Wtf? What does that even mean?

The fact that this article is calling the teabaggers a "rising and power political force to be reckoned with" tells me whoever wrote it is WAY out of touch with politics.

The author is dancing the dance of the partisan rant, there's no argument there.

Again, it's ranting. "Ruling liberal elites"? Wtf? What does that even mean?

The fact that this article is calling the teabaggers a "rising and power political force to be reckoned with" tells me whoever wrote it is WAY out of touch with politics.

The author is dancing the dance of the partisan rant, there's no argument there.

The Tea Party IS a rising and power political force. Their message hits to the core of the conservative Americans, as well as many Americans with conservative opinions.

I'd say the bulk of it is probably the ****ty economy. If unemployment were at 4%, nobody would give a **** about anything in the OP.

Combine that with the fact his popularity at this point in his administration is not all that unknown for presidents, and we have almost the whole story.

The whole "Messiah", "The Obama" stchick has got to be one of the most retarded things ever. The concept that being an ass is somehow making a point is hilarious.

It's a poll asking if you agree with the reasons given for The Obama's political troubles.

This is due to a lack of understanding on your part, not any defect in the poll.

You appear to agree with at least two of the poll options -- why is it again you wont vote in the poll?

Because of your one-sided wording.

Again, it's ranting.
So, you can't refute the specific factual claims and conclusion that he reaches with them. Roger.

Do you then believe that:

-The president’s approval ratings have NOT been sliding dramatically all summer?
-The latest Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll of US voters does NOT show The Obama dropping to minus 22 points?
-This is NOT the lowest point so far for Barack Obama since taking office?
-That, while just 24 per cent of American voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance, almost twice that number, 46 per cent, do NOT strongly disapprove?
-That 65 per cent of voters do NOT believe the United States is going down the wrong track, including 70 per cent of independents?

Do you have anything to back up any of these beliefs?

You can whine about the partisan point of view of the author, but that he may be partisan in no way makes him wrong -- and if you cannot show how he is wrong, either in the fsacts that he uses to support his conclusion of the conclusion itsels, all you're doing is whining.

Last edited:
Because of your one-sided wording.
ROTFL

No, a legit poll could have been worded much better.

No, a legit poll could have been worded much better.
LOL

The author listed 10 reasons for The Obama's political troubles.

There's NO WAY to ask if you agree with them other than listing them and asking if you agree with them.
As such, the poll is PERFECTLY legitimate -- all YOU are doing is trying to come up with an excuse to not vote in it.

Funny thing is, you DO agree with at least some of the options in the poll..

Back
Top Bottom