• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the GOP shrinking?

Because they have alienated just about everyone that is not mega-wealthy.

And again, today's GOP is no longer the Grand Old Party of yesteryear.

Discarding ethics, values, and a spine, they are swine.

I don't know that they are. For reference:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

I left the party when Trump became the frontrunner for the GOP nomination. But Gallup's monthly numbers have them mostly bouncing around in the 20's. At 25% for the first week of January this year. But they were at 22% for the first week of January a year ago.

Their "leans Republican" numbers dipped to 36% for January down from the low 40's where they had been for the past several months. But a one month drop isn't a trend.

I can only answer for me, a lifelong (decades) Republican.

I left because of Trump and their support of Trump. I left because I'm sick of the Evangelicals who took over the party. I'm sick of them putting for idiots and lunatics as candidates. I want to disassociate myself from garbage like Jim Jordan and that screwy dentist in Arizona and that moron Lindsay Graham. I left because I'm tired of them fretting over what consenting adults do in their bedrooms. I'm tired of the "thoughts and prayers" when children the age of my kids are no longer safe in their schools.

Back
Top Bottom