• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the GOP against counting ALL of the ballots, isn't that being Anti-American?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The GOP is going all over the country with its lawyers trying to stop the counting of ballots from eligible voters. They say it is because of the law and because of fraud. Even their own FBI director has told the nation there is no fraud. After trying to suppress the vote by Voter ID, then purging voter rolls, then moving and reducing polling places, now they want to just top counting votes if Trump at any time is ahead. Trump and Dejoy have even tried to destroy the postal service to stop the mail in ballots. A good example is my state, Wisconsin. A court ruled that the state could except ballots for an extra six days. The GOP went to court and had the ruling overturned. This after the GOP lead by trump and Dejoy made getting ballots in on time harder. The GOP stood behind their shield of it is the LAW. Of course that law was written long before the GOP through their actions let Covid run wild in our state by going to court to overturn actions taken by the Governor to control the spread and the GOP destruction of the postal service. I guess I just do not get it. why not just let every vote by an eligible voter count. Is this America or are we becoming like russia where only certain votes count.

The GOP is going all over the country with its lawyers trying to stop the counting of ballots from eligible voters. They say it is because of the law and because of fraud. Even their own FBI director has told the nation there is no fraud. After trying to suppress the vote by Voter ID, then purging voter rolls, then moving and reducing polling places, now they want to just top counting votes if Trump at any time is ahead. Trump and Dejoy have even tried to destroy the postal service to stop the mail in ballots. A good example is my state, Wisconsin. A court ruled that the state could except ballots for an extra six days. The GOP went to court and had the ruling overturned. This after the GOP lead by trump and Dejoy made getting ballots in on time harder. The GOP stood behind their shield of it is the LAW. Of course that law was written long before the GOP through their actions let Covid run wild in our state by going to court to overturn actions taken by the Governor to control the spread and the GOP destruction of the postal service. I guess I just do not get it. why not just let every vote by an eligible voter count. Is this America or are we becoming like russia where only certain votes count.

I don't believe Reps or Dems are against counting all the votes. But all this extra time after the election just invites opportunity for both sides to find that extra pile of votes just where it was needed.

What?!!! The DEMOCRATIC PARTY threw away hundreds of thousands of ballots in the Democratic Primary. Who knows who Democratic voters nominated. The Democratic Party decided that.

Because they're a minority party for plutocracy, and counting all the ballots makes them lose. Of course it's anti-American.

Yes, it is un-American. Absolutely.

why not just let every vote by an eligible voter count.
If Republicans were truly interested in our system of government, they would be fighting to increase the franchise, make sure as many people as possible vote, and do everything they can to actually protect the vote.

The reason for doing the opposite is obvious: It's because Republican elected officials and party operatives know they can't win if more people vote, and all the votes are counted.

Republicans have spent years sucking up to the plutocrats, whose political demands are directly at odds with what most of the public wants. The public wants decent safety nets, decent health insurance, labor protections, regulation and more; the plutocrats want tax cuts and zero government interference in corporate affairs, even when those corporations are harming consumers and citizens alike.

As a result, Republicans know they can't win by expanding the franchise. All they can do is throw sops to social conservatives, while the plutocrats are wealthy enough not to be limited those laws.

In addition, racists in the US have a long history of suppressing minority votes, which also suits their anti-democratic tendencies, as minorities in recent years lean Democratic.

Last but not least, there have been a few elections in recent years where Republicans did well with in-person voting, and Democrats wound up winning because of mail-in votes. Do you think Trump would be bashing mail-in voting twice a day, if the inverse was true?

Republican claims of Democratic cheating may seem completely bizarre since there is literally zero evidence of this actually happening.

However, once you remember that it's Democrats winning elections that they consider "cheating," their position instantly comes into focus. At that point, doing everything you can to take away their votes makes a twisted kind of sense.

What?!!! The DEMOCRATIC PARTY threw away hundreds of thousands of ballots in the Democratic Primary. Who knows who Democratic voters nominated. The Democratic Party decided that.
Link pleased.We have heard all of that lie, and not from some right wing rag.

Because they anticipate after 200k dead and a garbage economy, Trump won’t be re-elected.

It’s unamerican to require states to follow their own laws?
That is the GOp in you talking. The laws on the books were written before Covid and all votes must be counted. And with Trump and Dejoy having destroyed the USPS just to win, do laws really matter to Trumpsters?

It’s unamerican to require states to follow their own laws?

Which laws are states not following of their own?

Why is the GOP against counting ALL of the ballots,

because when more people vote, they generally lose. they'll need to suppress the vote this time at stunning levels, i'd guess.

isn't that being Anti-American?

is lying, cheating, and stealing unAmerican or un-any other country? it seems like that's just a general habit of scumbags, independent of country.

That is the GOp in you talking. The laws on the books were written before Covid and all votes must be counted. And with Trump and Dejoy having destroyed the USPS just to win, do laws really matter to Trumpsters?

I don’t know, you should ask one and find out. It’s obvious from this thread that people who support the Democrats don’t care about following the laws.

Can you show me somewhere it says that laws are valid unless there’s a pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom