• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Russia using Hypersonic cruise missiles in Ukraine?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We have known that the Russian's had developed hypersonic cruise missiles and our satellites can now detect their use, so why use them in Ukraine? One reason is to insure that we can not knock them down before reaching their targets, which makes some sense. The other might be that they are running out of their normal cruise missiles. The later seems to also make sense as Russia is having to ask China for military hardware. Hypersonic cruise missiles cost at least a third more than regular cruise missiles and in our country about 2.5 million dollars apiece. So which do you think is the reason or are both involved?

One hypothesis I've read is that they are running really low on their regular supply of guided missiles. That makes sense to me, but I'd add that at some point, all militaries desire to test their latest and greatest weapons in an actual conflict, and this is probably another motive behind their use in this theater. They have the added value of intimidating NATO forces, and people living in NATO countries.

Much of what Putin is doing now in leveling Ukrainian cities isn't just for the Ukrainians, but also for audiences in NATO countries. He wants not only to break the will of Ukrainian resistance but also the will of civilians in NATO democracies to get fully behind their support of NATO. To that end, I don't think Putin's nuclear and hypersonic bluster is going to succeed, but it will certainly make leaders of NATO think very carefully about how they want to proceed in dealing with Putin's regime.

We have known that the Russian's had developed hypersonic cruise missiles and our satellites can now detect their use, so why use them in Ukraine? One reason is to insure that we can not knock them down before reaching their targets, which makes some sense. The other might be that they are running out of their normal cruise missiles. The later seems to also make sense as Russia is having to ask China for military hardware. Hypersonic cruise missiles cost at least a third more than regular cruise missiles and in our country about 2.5 million dollars apiece. So which do you think is the reason or are both involved?

I suspect it's because due to our & NATO military technology & armament flooding the Ukraine, the Ukrainian air defense is fairly robust.

But, that's simply a WAG on my part!

Shock and awe. "Conventional" missiles would be as much or more cost effective, $/dead, IMO.

Eh?

I'd expect the shock and awe to be in the destruction, not in the specific kind of weapon that delivered it.

all the above .........

I think the USA news people should not be broadcasting our plans coming out of Capitol Hill...........

Putin needs to be kidnapped and held for ransom .........meanwhile a team from all countries work together to disable the Russian nuke weapons system

Sending a message, pure and simple.

It could be nothing more than world testing.

One hypothesis I've read is that they are running really low on their regular supply of guided missiles. That makes sense to me, but I'd add that at some point, all militaries desire to test their latest and greatest weapons in an actual conflict, and this is probably another motive behind their use in this theater. They have the added value of intimidating NATO forces, and people living in NATO countries.

Much of what Putin is doing now in leveling Ukrainian cities isn't just for the Ukrainians, but also for audiences in NATO countries. He wants not only to break the will of Ukrainian resistance but also the will of civilians in NATO democracies to get fully behind their support of NATO. To that end, I don't think Putin's nuclear and hypersonic bluster is going to succeed, but it will certainly make leaders of NATO think very carefully about how they want to proceed in dealing with Putin's regime.
We should send him a nice thank you note for sending us all that data to analyze.

Why is Russia using Hypersonic cruise missiles in Ukraine?​

To show them off in actual operations and to demoralize the opponent. Tough being a ruthless tyrannical mass murderer. There is so much to think about.

Russia's showing what it's newest toy can do and it gives Putzin the opportunity to flip Biden the bird because he knows Biden is too fracking spineless to give Ukraine the big stuff they need to frag the invading Russians once and for all.

We should send him a nice thank you note for sending us all that data to analyze.

No question, he is showing us how to beat Russia in a conventional conflict, and even in a less conventional conflict. And I'm sure Russia's commanders can't be very pleased with this.

Russia's showing what it's newest toy can do and it gives Putzin the opportunity to flip Biden the bird because he knows Biden is too fracking spineless to give Ukraine the big stuff they need to frag the invading Russians once and for all.
Cultist Gotta Cult...
I did not know that licking Putin's ass crack was contagious...
it looks like the rePukes are all cathing it from the dotard donnie...
-peace's of shit... traitorous sick limp dick weak ass coward mother****ers...
God Bless America

all the above .........

I think the USA news people should not be broadcasting our plans coming out of Capitol Hill...........

Putin needs to be kidnapped and held for ransom .........meanwhile a team from all countries work together to disable the Russian nuke weapons system
I'd be interested to hear your detailed plan on just how to get that done. Sounds good on paper.

For one thing, it's not like hypersonic missile technology is unknown to the US, for another...consider the possibility that we may have such technology but
now that Trump is out of office, no one is going to openly brag about it if we have it.
Of all the dumb shit Putin's being doing, openly bragging about a weapon ranks up there with the dumbest.

And I hope our leadership and military still have the common sense to just move our own development along --- IN SECRET.
No one needs to know the make and model of weapons we're using, to paraphrase: It's a need to know basis and the rest of the world doesn't need to know.

Cultist Gotta Cult...
I did not know that licking Putin's ass crack was contagious...
it looks like the rePukes are all cathing it from the dotard donnie...
-peace's of shit... traitorous sick limp dick weak ass coward mother****ers...
God Bless America
Putin is killing innocent men women and children by the thousands...
some think that bastard flipping the bird to the POTUS in kinda cool...

okay...

USA does not know how to build hypersonic missiles. Hilarious

USA does not know how to build hypersonic missiles. Hilarious
Actually it does. The military feels that the cost of the hypersonic missiles is not worth the extra it provides. We are building them and have them available, but will mostly use the old type missiles. The hypersonic missiles are mostly used with nukes, conventional use is really not warranted considering their cost.

Putin is killing innocent men women and children by the thousands...
some think that bastard flipping the bird to the POTUS in kinda cool...

okay...
I didn't say anything Putzin was doing was "kinda cool". I don't support anything that psycho is doing.

I'm just saying he's firing off his hypersonic missiles and flipping Biden the bird because he can get away with it, knowing that Biden won't do a thing to him.

Actually it does. The military feels that the cost of the hypersonic missiles is not worth the extra it provides. We are building them and have them available, but will mostly use the old type missiles. The hypersonic missiles are mostly used with nukes, conventional use is really not warranted considering their cost.
puttie pie should have used that money to better train and provision for his troops...
and more so for his people...
back on the Hypersonic bo ha ha;
Not a sub or Navy man but I do know this...
If the Alabama (an Ohio Class sub) pop the cork on one of its twenty-four Trident II submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) which can be fired from underwater to strike at targets more than seven thousand miles away depending on the load.

As a Trident II reenters the atmosphere at speeds of up to Mach 24,

• it splits into up to eight independent reentry vehicles,
  • each with a 100- or 475-kiloton nuclear warhead. In short,
  • a full salvo from an Ohio-class submarine
  • —which can be launched in less than one minute
  • —could unleash up to 192 nuclear warheads to wipe twenty-four cities off the map.
This is what puttie and xi understand; never mind the remedial bullshit...
This is a nightmarish weapon of the apocalypse.

1647815499141.png
1647815647568.png
1647815680094.png

Last edited:
I didn't say anything Putzin was doing was "kinda cool". I don't support anything that psycho is doing.

I'm just saying he's firing off his hypersonic missiles and flipping Biden the bird because he can get away with it, knowing that Biden won't do a thing to him.
weak

puttie pie should have used that money to better train and provision for his troops...
and more so for his people...
back on the Hypersonic bo ha ha;
Not a sub or Navy man but I do know this...
If the Alabama (an Ohio Class sub) pop the cork on one of its twenty-four Trident II submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) which can be fired from underwater to strike at targets more than seven thousand miles away depending on the load.

As a Trident II reenters the atmosphere at speeds of up to Mach 24,

• it splits into up to eight independent reentry vehicles,
  • each with a 100- or 475-kiloton nuclear warhead. In short,
  • a full salvo from an Ohio-class submarine
  • —which can be launched in less than one minute
  • —could unleash up to 192 nuclear warheads to wipe twenty-four cities off the map.
This is what puttie and xi understand; never mind the remedial bullshit...
This is a nightmarish weapon of the apocalypse.

View attachment 67381151
View attachment 67381152
And The Alabama has
thirteen other brothers
and four little sisters...

-peace
God Bless America and President Joe Biden

I suspect that it's far deeper than that.

Where did Russia get this hypersonic missile technology anyway? It's not like they've been flush with cash for weapons research lately.

Stunning. Hillary Clinton Gave Russia the US Technology for Hypersonic Intercontinental Nuke Missiles
ON WEDNESDAY RUSSIAN LEADER VLADIMIR PUTIN THREATENED THE WEST WITH UNSTOPPABLE INTERCONTINENTAL NUCLEAR MISSILES.​
Putin announced that Russia had developed an intercontinental nuclear missile that can’t be stopped or shot down by any country’s defence system
The Russian leader said the rocket travels 20 times the speed of sound and has unlimited range.​
Now we know where Putin gained the technology to build the missiles.​
–Hillary Clinton.​
By Jim Hoft, Published March 1, 2018
This shocking set of emails that the Examiner reported on shows the nexus of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s foundation, Hillary Clinton’s State Department, Bill Clinton, Russian oligarch Vekselberg, and Skolkovo, “Russia’s Silicon Valley,” the Putin project to transfer Western technology to Russia that was championed and driven by Mrs. Clinton — and, what do you know, 17 out of 28 tech companies that hitched up with Skolkovo also contributed to the Clinton Foundation? What a coincidence. Meanwhile, Barack Obama’s support for Russian WTO membership made the whole global flow so much easier.​

Skolkovo:

The Skolkovo Innovation Center is a high technology business area at Mozhaysky District in Moscow, Russia.[1][2][3] Although historically Russia has been successful with development of science and technology, its lack of entrepreneur spirit led to government intervention of patents and nonproliferation of Russian tech companies beyond the scope of regional service. As corporations and individuals become "residents" of the city, proposed projects and ideas receive financial assistance.[4] Skolkovo was first announced on 12 November 2009 by then Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.[5] The complex is headed by Viktor Vekselberg and co-chaired by former Intel CEO Craig Barrett.​

(continued)

Back
Top Bottom