• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Russia using Hypersonic cruise missiles in Ukraine?

(continued)

A quick search on Skolkovo turns up many interesting links:

Intel Corporation-formerly headed by Craig Barrett, who served on the board of the Skolkovo Foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative-has given between $250,000 and $500,000 to the Clinton ...​

Skolkovo returned their favor by having Russians connected to the "innovation city" donate to the Clinton Foundation and gathering together 28 "Key Partners," 17 of which "made financial commitments to the Clinton Foundation, totaling tens of millions of dollars, or sponsored speeches by Bill Clinton."​

Russians tied to Skolkovo also gave to the Clinton Foundation, including Viktor Vekselberg, a billionaire confidant of Putin's who was chosen to run the Skolkovo Foundation. Advertisement There ...​

I guess that'd be yet another thing Hillary Clinton sold to the Russians while SoS. I wonder how many others which we don't know about? . . . yet.

Russia's showing what it's newest toy can do and it gives Putzin the opportunity to flip Biden the bird because he knows Biden is too fracking spineless to give Ukraine the big stuff they need to frag the invading Russians once and for all.
They've fought Russia to a standstill with what they have. The US isn't their only supplier.

Russia's showing what it's newest toy can do and it gives Putzin the opportunity to flip Biden the bird because he knows Biden is too fracking spineless to give Ukraine the big stuff they need to frag the invading Russians once and for all.
Biden lacks the spineless quality OR the idiocy to support your desire to destroy the world in a nuclear war. He has the spine to resist the temptation and public pressure, thankfully. You can thank him if you eve get a clue about it.

I suspect that it's far deeper than that.

Where did Russia get this hypersonic missile technology anyway? It's not like they've been flush with cash for weapons research lately.

Stunning. Hillary Clinton Gave Russia the US Technology for Hypersonic Intercontinental Nuke Missiles
ON WEDNESDAY RUSSIAN LEADER VLADIMIR PUTIN THREATENED THE WEST WITH UNSTOPPABLE INTERCONTINENTAL NUCLEAR MISSILES.​
Putin announced that Russia had developed an intercontinental nuclear missile that can’t be stopped or shot down by any country’s defence system
The Russian leader said the rocket travels 20 times the speed of sound and has unlimited range.​
Now we know where Putin gained the technology to build the missiles.​
–Hillary Clinton.​
By Jim Hoft, Published March 1, 2018
This shocking set of emails that the Examiner reported on shows the nexus of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s foundation, Hillary Clinton’s State Department, Bill Clinton, Russian oligarch Vekselberg, and Skolkovo, “Russia’s Silicon Valley,” the Putin project to transfer Western technology to Russia that was championed and driven by Mrs. Clinton — and, what do you know, 17 out of 28 tech companies that hitched up with Skolkovo also contributed to the Clinton Foundation? What a coincidence. Meanwhile, Barack Obama’s support for Russian WTO membership made the whole global flow so much easier.​

Skolkovo:

The Skolkovo Innovation Center is a high technology business area at Mozhaysky District in Moscow, Russia.[1][2][3] Although historically Russia has been successful with development of science and technology, its lack of entrepreneur spirit led to government intervention of patents and nonproliferation of Russian tech companies beyond the scope of regional service. As corporations and individuals become "residents" of the city, proposed projects and ideas receive financial assistance.[4] Skolkovo was first announced on 12 November 2009 by then Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.[5] The complex is headed by Viktor Vekselberg and co-chaired by former Intel CEO Craig Barrett.​

(continued)
weak

A quick search on Skolkovo turns up many interesting links:

Intel Corporation-formerly headed by Craig Barrett, who served on the board of the Skolkovo Foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative-has given between $250,000 and $500,000 to the Clinton ...​

Skolkovo returned their favor by having Russians connected to the "innovation city" donate to the Clinton Foundation and gathering together 28 "Key Partners," 17 of which "made financial commitments to the Clinton Foundation, totaling tens of millions of dollars, or sponsored speeches by Bill Clinton."​

Russians tied to Skolkovo also gave to the Clinton Foundation, including Viktor Vekselberg, a billionaire confidant of Putin's who was chosen to run the Skolkovo Foundation. Advertisement There ...​

I guess that'd be yet another thing Hillary Clinton sold to the Russians while SoS. I wonder how many others which we don't know about? . . . yet.
weak too...
-peace

One hypothesis I've read is that they are running really low on their regular supply of guided missiles. That makes sense to me, but I'd add that at some point, all militaries desire to test their latest and greatest weapons in an actual conflict, and this is probably another motive behind their use in this theater. They have the added value of intimidating NATO forces, and people living in NATO countries.

Much of what Putin is doing now in leveling Ukrainian cities isn't just for the Ukrainians, but also for audiences in NATO countries. He wants not only to break the will of Ukrainian resistance but also the will of civilians in NATO democracies to get fully behind their support of NATO. To that end, I don't think Putin's nuclear and hypersonic bluster is going to succeed, but it will certainly make leaders of NATO think very carefully about how they want to proceed in dealing with Putin's regime.

Looks more like Putin is rallying countries to defend democracy, something they've failed to do in the past which has resulted in Putin persisting in his invasions.

Eh?

I'd expect the shock and awe to be in the destruction, not in the specific kind of weapon that delivered it.

Hypersonic missiles have a greater penetrating capacity and destructive power due to their extremely high speed. Might also have an effect of public psychology.

My guess is to send a message to NATO that conventional anti-missile systems won't protect them from Russia.
I think the pathetic performance of the Russian military so far though, has damaged their reputation to the point where claims of hypersonic missiles won't really change anything.

I do love seeing someone in this thread claim Hillary gave Russia Hypersonic technology.
And another claiming that Russia's use of hypersonic missiles makes Biden look weak.
Poor Americans...so close to greatness, but they still fall short.

We have known that the Russian's had developed hypersonic cruise missiles and our satellites can now detect their use, so why use them in Ukraine? One reason is to insure that we can not knock them down before reaching their targets, which makes some sense. The other might be that they are running out of their normal cruise missiles. The later seems to also make sense as Russia is having to ask China for military hardware. Hypersonic cruise missiles cost at least a third more than regular cruise missiles and in our country about 2.5 million dollars apiece. So which do you think is the reason or are both involved?
1647910564312.png

We have known that the Russian's had developed hypersonic cruise missiles and our satellites can now detect their use, so why use them in Ukraine? One reason is to insure that we can not knock them down before reaching their targets, which makes some sense. The other might be that they are running out of their normal cruise missiles. The later seems to also make sense as Russia is having to ask China for military hardware. Hypersonic cruise missiles cost at least a third more than regular cruise missiles and in our country about 2.5 million dollars apiece. So which do you think is the reason or are both involved?

Its no mystery. Ukraine 🇺🇦 can't stop them. Ukraine has been successful at stopping other delivery vehicles.

Backed into a corner, Putin becomes Scarface. "Say hello to my little friend."

USA does not know how to build hypersonic missiles. Hilarious

Hypersonic missiles were developed in the US. The plan is to introduce them to the armory this year.

Biden lacks the spineless quality OR the idiocy to support your desire to destroy the world in a nuclear war. He has the spine to resist the temptation and public pressure, thankfully. You can thank him if you eve get a clue about it.

I differ with Biden on any number of points, but he has handled this crisis extremely well so far. It's so easy to stand up on the other side of the world and pound the desk about what a hard line we should take. It's easy, but it's nuts. The stakes are extremely high, and Biden's response has been well balanced.

Back
Top Bottom