• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Nothing Done About Illegal Immigration?

you're the exception to the rule.

I am confident that a good 30% of our unemploployed would get jobs if they just bite the bullet and do menial labor work currently taken by illegals.

And how can they get those jobs when illegals have them?

And have illeals actually "vanished" from Alabama? Or are they just saying that they are leaving?

There are some if not many Americans who would do the work illegal aliens do here.

That is fact.

bull****. they take jobs that Americans often don't want & refuse to do.

those jobs exist all over, but they are hard work and many Americans are too ****ing lazy & engrained with a false sense of entitlement, to do them.

Wow, just wow. You call your fellow Americans "****ing lazy and engrained with a false sense of entitlement" and say, in the same breath nonetheless, that illegals do work Americans won't do. Do you love America? Break in to any other country and see how they treat you. America is the most kind and compassionate country on the face of the earth. Only in America can you break the law (hence illegal), not work and get paid, have a child here that automatically makes it American so you get to reap all the rewards that go along with that distinction.

I hear alot that liberals say that illegals are just looking for a better life. Okay, so since my neighbor has a 7 car garage, huge house on 2 acres of land, and a basketball court and an olympic sized pool, that it's alright if I just move my stuff in his house and call it mine? Isn't the American way to work and make what you have better, then to rely on someone else?

You should be ashamed to call yourself an American.

Wow, just wow. You call your fellow Americans "****ing lazy and engrained with a false sense of entitlement" and say, in the same breath nonetheless, that illegals do work Americans won't do. Do you love America? Break in to any other country and see how they treat you. America is the most kind and compassionate country on the face of the earth. Only in America can you break the law (hence illegal), not work and get paid, have a child here that automatically makes it American so you get to reap all the rewards that go along with that distinction.

I hear alot that liberals say that illegals are just looking for a better life. Okay, so since my neighbor has a 7 car garage, huge house on 2 acres of land, and a basketball court and an olympic sized pool, that it's alright if I just move my stuff in his house and call it mine? Isn't the American way to work and make what you have better, then to rely on someone else?

You should be ashamed to call yourself an American.

Analogy fail, illegals pay for their own food and shelter.

Analogy fail, illegals pay for their own food and shelter.

Not totally. I could move all the food from my fridge into my neighbor's house. But 1 illegal *might* pay for a tiny shack, but then invite 30 relatives to live with him. And don't get me started on the high crime rate by illegals towards hard working Americans.

yeah, and that happens sooooooooooo many times!!

;)

If your being sarcastic, wish you would check facts first. 300,000/year. One hospital in Texas has over 200 million per year in unpaid bills from illegal aliens.
So for all of you illegal alien supports, why don't you write a check for the costs.

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

Riley has seen and heard it all.

"Mothers about to give birth that walk up to the hospital still wet from swimming across the river in actual labor … dirty, wet, cold," he said.

But here to have a child?

"Here to have a child in the U.S.," he said.

McAllen is part of a large hospital system. Like all hospitals, it is mandated by law to treat all emergency-room patients, not verify citizenship.

"We have uncompensated care of over $200 million a year," Riley said.

"Of money that you'll never see again?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," he said.

If your being sarcastic, wish you would check facts first. 300,000/year. One hospital in Texas has over 200 million per year in unpaid bills from illegal aliens.
So for all of you illegal alien supports, why don't you write a check for the costs.

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

Riley has seen and heard it all.

"Mothers about to give birth that walk up to the hospital still wet from swimming across the river in actual labor … dirty, wet, cold," he said.

But here to have a child?

"Here to have a child in the U.S.," he said.

McAllen is part of a large hospital system. Like all hospitals, it is mandated by law to treat all emergency-room patients, not verify citizenship.

"We have uncompensated care of over $200 million a year," Riley said.

"Of money that you'll never see again?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," he said.

yeah, and that happens sooooooooooo many times!!

;)

Keep trying Thunder. Eventually you will see the truth.....maybe.....?

And that was just from ONE hospital.

Not totally. I could move all the food from my fridge into my neighbor's house. But 1 illegal *might* pay for a tiny shack, but then invite 30 relatives to live with him. And don't get me started on the high crime rate by illegals towards hard working Americans.

Hard working Americans? Are you under the assumption that Americans are naturally harder workers than any other nationality only because they are American? Obvious nativist viewpoint. As Thunder said before, I don't see unemployed Americans waiting at a gas station with the immigrants waiting for a day labor van to pick them up. There is ALWAYS demand for simple yard and house labor at cheap pay, so illegals obviously aren't taking those jobs. There are plenty of spots to be filled, and if I wanted to, I could join them and hop in the van with them to go do some construction as well.

Hard working Americans? Are you under the assumption that Americans are naturally harder workers than any other nationality only because they are American? Obvious nativist viewpoint. As Thunder said before, I don't see unemployed Americans waiting at a gas station with the immigrants waiting for a day labor van to pick them up. There is ALWAYS demand for simple yard and house labor at cheap pay, so illegals obviously aren't taking those jobs. There are plenty of spots to be filled, and if I wanted to, I could join them and hop in the van with them to go do some construction as well.

Where did he say that American's are harder working than any other nationality?

And the reason that you don't see American's at a gas station or the local Home Depot is because American's do have a few advantages that illegal aliens cannot take advantage of. Like the unemployment office.

"Why is nothing done towards illegal immigration?"

Because big corporations like slaves.

"Why is nothing done towards illegal immigration?"

Because big corporations like slaves.

Do you have any proof? It has been shown most illegal aliens work in unskilled jobs.

Use your head. That is what I am trying to tell you.

Why do you think illegal immigration hasn't been looked at? Oh I don't know, they aren't US citizens, SO THEY DO NOT PERTAIN TO CERTAIN LABOR LAWS.

Slavery.

Last edited:

Why do you think illegal immigration hasn't been looked at? Oh I don't know, they aren't US citizens, SO THEY DO NOT PERTAIN TO CERTAIN LABOR LAWS.

Slavery.

You really don't understand the meaning of "slavery" do you? Slavery is keeping a person against their will and forcing them to work. Please show evidence that 25% of illegals that are of working age are held against their will and forced to work.

And in case you are wondering why I said "25% of illegals that are of working age" it is because the rest, 75%, use stolen or fake identities to work at regular jobs for regular pay. Which means as far as the employer knows they are legal citizens....IE as far as the employer's are concerned all labor laws apply and they treat them as such.

Would you like to try again for strike 3?

Slavery.

and what laws are those? Last time I checked you had to be in the US legally to work according to the law. To do otherwise the individual and business are breaking the law.

What is good to see is some States (AZ, TX, UT, AL,etc.) are starting to deal with the issue the feds won't. It is a shame that the Feds then are taking the States to court. IMO, one of the reasons nothing at the federal level is pandering for minority votes (mainly hispanic).

Last edited:
Hiring someone who is an illegal alien sounds like cheap labor to me. You can re-define all you want. It is slavery in my books.

Hiring someone who is an illegal alien sounds like cheap labor to me. You can re-define all you want. It is slavery in my books.

Even you used the word "hiring". You do know that slaves do not get paid right?

And I'm not re-defining anything. Anyone with a 3rd year education knows that slavery is forcing someone to work with out pay and keeping them against their will.

Please show me where illegals do not get paid, do not get to leave work whenever they want to, and are forced to come to the US in order to work.

I don't care if you want to defend illegals, but at least be honest to both me and yourself.

Back
Top Bottom