• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Mexico lawless and Canada not?

regrettably they were also working with Moscow to oppose the Great Francisco Franco in Spain.

The “great” Franco was a two bit thug who had to beg America not to hurt him when his German pals fell in ‘45

I had heard the Russian mafia controlled the cartels. A proxy war using drugs.
Well not really. There is however a massive industry manufacturing fentanyl in China which supplies the drug to cartels in Mexico to move it.

The fentanyl crisis in America has kills more Americans than all of our wars. If this were the 19th century the fentanyl crisis would absolutely be a causus belli for war with both Mexico and China

Well not really. There is however a massive industry manufacturing fentanyl in China which supplies the drug to cartels in Mexico to move it.

The fentanyl crisis in America has kills more Americans than all of our wars. If this were the 19th century the fentanyl crisis would absolutely be a causus belli for war with both Mexico and China

Thankfully, we are substantially smarter than 19th century jingoists.

I had heard the Russian mafia controlled the cartels. A proxy war using drugs.

Lol no. The cartels aren’t “controlled” by anyone other than themselves

No? Explain the Anglo principle of government to me.
Rule of law, common law judicial system, lack of permanent military (although this one America abandoned after WW2) constrained powers of government, etc

Mexico works pretty well, what I've seen. I've lived here since early November in a working class neighbourhood and it looks like grassroots capitalism working the way it has for decades. Working better than the oligarchy that passes for capitalism in the north.
I've been panhandled twice since I got here and I can't walk down a block in downtown Vancouver without being panhandled three or four times.
The medical system works like North Americans wish theirs would and the cost of living, away from the tourist hellholes, is within everyone's reach.
I'll add that abortion rights are protected in their constitution. I think Mexico will start moving up on the list soon, pushing America to numero 3.

I'll add that abortion rights are protected in their constitution. I think Mexico will start moving up on the list soon, pushing America to numero 3.
no, it’s not. Their Supreme Court just imposed it without consent of the congress like was formerly the case in America.

But I really don’t think for a retired boomer abortion access is really a problem

no, it’s not. Their Supreme Court just imposed it without consent of the congress like was formerly the case in America.

But I really don’t think for a retired boomer abortion access is really a problem
Better than America's Supreme Court.

Who's a retired boomer?

Aren't many African nations based on the Anglo principles of government?

I think it is because of the economic difference between the middle and the lower class. And I think that is why the US is having more problems because of that same difference.
It's the heat down there in the summertime.
It makes people crazy. Combined with the cartels, the drugs, and a tremendous customer base in the North, they can't help but be driven by the hunger for more drug profits.

No, only the former Rhodesia was
Liberia had a Constitution similar to the US. Many African nations had a model similar to that of Great Britan

Liberia had a Constitution similar to the US.
Well, I am not terribly familiar with how it is now, I don’t think anybody can make the case that Liberia has a long track record of being a constitutional state.
Many African nations had a model similar to that of Great Britan
When they were colonies, although even then British government applied mostly only to whites and Indians and educated professional blacks and not to the majority population. At least not directly

I think it is because of the economic difference between the middle and the lower class. And I think that is why the US is having more problems because of that same difference.

What makes you think there is no lawlessness in Canada? Last I heard the RCMP were still fighting with gangs and gangs against gangs. Not long ago they busted the "United Nations Gang" and nailed some chieftans for manslaughter & jailed for 25 years, they'll be out in nine.

There is a high volume of traffic north across the 49th, mostly hand guns, and the kind of drugs that kill. There's a 'grey market' pot going south. That's a certain motor cycle gang's pot....so I have been told.

Out east, Nova Scotians are still reeling in the aftermath of a madman killing spree by a man disguised as an RCMP constable and driving a very convincing police car with proper paint and markings.

We are not so lily white as some would pose, just way the **** better than the US. But then most nations are in that department. And, don't ask me about indigenous women and how they just disappear...........

Countries that have a lot of desert and which are hot are generally much more likely to be "Banana Republics", badly governed, with violence and corruption.

Hot countries around the equator are often lawless dictatorships, descending into madness and poverty. See Florida for example.

The heat there makes people's brain melt, make them less productive than wintery colder countries and make them grab guns and kill each other off.

Well, I am not terribly familiar with how it is now, I don’t think anybody can make the case that Liberia has a long track record of being a constitutional state.
Just because the country is BASED on Anglo liberal democratic principles doesn't mean it has the capacity to perform it

Just like how MAGA claims to be for democratic principles but attempted a Coup de tat on Jan 6

What makes you think there is no lawlessness in Canada? Last I heard the RCMP were still fighting with gangs and gangs against gangs. Not long ago they busted the "United Nations Gang" and nailed some chieftans for manslaughter & jailed for 25 years, they'll be out in nine.

There is a high volume of traffic north across the 49th, mostly hand guns, and the kind of drugs that kill. There's a 'grey market' pot going south. That's a certain motor cycle gang's pot....so I have been told.

Out east, Nova Scotians are still reeling in the aftermath of a madman killing spree by a man disguised as an RCMP constable and driving a very convincing police car with proper paint and markings.
These things do not make a nation lawless. Crime does not equal lawlessness. In Mexico, the government does not effectively control most of the country. Well, north of 90% of murders are never solved.

The government controls Mexico not the cartels

Just because the country is BASED on Anglo liberal democratic principles doesn't mean it has the capacity to perform it
Ok
Just like how MAGA claims to be for democratic principles but attempted a Coup de tat on Jan 6
1) it’s coup d’etat

2) irrelevant
3) No, they didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom