• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Mexico lawless and Canada not?

imo the Mexican government does not want to declare all our war on the cartels......probably because the cartels contribute too much economy to the nation

I think it is because of the economic difference between the middle and the lower class. And I think that is why the US is having more problems because of that same difference.
Neither Mexico nor the US has a secret police force that is even half as effective as

1680703242122.jpeg

Canada's secret police force.

Canada has a population of 38 million right next to the US border, Mexico 120 million mouths to feed. Mexico has a much more violent history of declaring independence from the Spanish, fighting the French, and going through multiple cycles of Revolution
Not to mention being invaded by the United States of America and losing vast chunks of its territory to the United States of America as the result of an American declared "war of aggression".

Because Mexico wasn’t based on Anglo principles of government
Right, it should have been based on the same principles of government as those practiced by Francisco Franco - whom you so greatly admire.

I think it comes down to political corruption.
With it's natural resources, and hard work ethics, Mexico should be one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
Political corruption cost many times more than it earns.
Consider if a politician takes a $1 million bribe for a road contract,
the corrupt contractor will overcharge the contract by many times that million dollars,
and the money comes from the peoples pockets, it addition the road could end up being sub standard
and not last long. Almost everyone looses.

Pretty obvious the drug war has contributed greatly to instability in Mexico

I think it comes down to political corruption.
With it's natural resources, and hard work ethics, Mexico should be one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
Political corruption cost many times more than it earns.
Consider if a politician takes a $1 million bribe for a road contract,
the corrupt contractor will overcharge the contract by many times that million dollars,
and the money comes from the peoples pockets, it addition the road could end up being sub standard
and not last long. Almost everyone looses.

Poutine is well known to cause somnolence. Canadians want to commit crimes but in the end they often take naps instead.

Last edited:
While serving his country under Bush '43.....

Antonio Oscar "Tony" Garza Jr. (born July 7, 1959)[1] is an American lawyer and diplomat who was the United States Ambassador to Mexico from 2002 to 2009 under President George W. Bush. In recognition of his work, Mexico bestowed on him the Águila Azteca, the highest award granted to foreigners, in 2009. Prior to his appointment as ambassador, Garza had served as Secretary of State of Texas from January 1995 to November 1997 and was also chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission.

Spouse(s)María Asunción Aramburuzabala (m. 2005; div. 2010)

...He just happened to marry the sixth wealthiest Mexican, AND maintain his patronage appointment as U.S. Ambassador!

I think it's because there are many factors that contribute to crime rate.

I think it is because of the economic difference between the middle and the lower class. And I think that is why the US is having more problems because of that same difference.
When your in a poor area its seems to breed more crimes .

Cartel leaders are among the richest people on the planet. And there’s a giant sucking sound of poor people coming from corrupt, dysfunctional countries to join the drugged out, racist gringos keeping the poor people already here poor. So, no, I don’t think that’s it.

I think Mexico is largely "lawless" because of the government and the cartels. It's likely a host of things but economics is certainly a factor. I don't see the U.S. as even having remotely the same issues as Mexico. Heck, our lower class is very well off comparatively speaking.

Look at page 3 of the cited document to understand how crony capitalism in Mexico has stunted the growth of so many other industries in that country.
We don't stifle capitalism the way Mexico does with its corrupt government and the cartels continuing to corrupt the government both at a local and national level.

I would say because cocaine does not have to be shipped through Canada to meet its end buyers in the United States.

Back
Top Bottom