• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is it that....

marcus903

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In most TV shows, it's ALWAYS the antagonist or a badly-treated character that gets in trouble, unlucky, bad treatment, and/or bad luck.
Yet, the good, popular, and well-treated characters are lucky, gets treated fairly, and gets little to no pain.

I find it even more funny how 'sweet' characters gets treated fairly and not a single bad thing happens to them. I'm not saying something bad should happen to them, but it seems that most of these televised shows (mostly kid shows), good characters get the good treatment.

For example....

Spongebob Squarepants: Squidward Tenticales is severely abused in this show. I haven't seen a single episode where something good happens to him. Even if it is, the show ends with squidward getting arrested or something/someone just ruins it for him. Why can't there be one episode that doesn't hav a single misfortune that happens to Squidward, even at the end. The writers is just going way too hard on him. Seriously.

Phineas and Ferb: There are two characters that are mainly unlucky, Heinz Doofensmirtz and Candace Flynn. I understand giving Dr. Doofensmirtz good luck, but the writers are just treating Candace like a sockpuppet. I can understand anticipating the boy's inventions but I do not understand the episodes in which Candance gets grounded, spun around, struck by lighting, or the one having to be the scapegoat to everything. I praise the writers for at LEAST giving Candace some good luck, but I cannot get why Candace has to be the one who always gets bad treatment. There's only been a cupl episodes where something ludacris happens to Phineas and Ferb, a cupl times with Buford, with Baljeet here and there, but there hasn't been one unfortunate thing that happens to Isabella other than Phineas not noticing or even responding to her. It's like the writers few 'Isabella' as the cutest, sweetest character at all times. But everything HAS to happen to Candace, doesn't it?

Family Guy: Even though this is an adult cartoon, I don't get why Meg is the social outcast. My suggestions are: Giv Meg more dialog and quit it with the Meg abuse.

Seriously, everything has to happen to the bad or the mistreated character.

Why is this?

Human nature: we like to see unlikeable people get the smack down, and people we like do well. The fact that it often does not work that way IRL is not relevant to TV, since very little on TV is remotely real...

Meg is the family scapegoat, the one thing that keeps them together... remove Meg's status as scapegoat and all the dysfunctional rage of all the characters for all the others comes out... they actually did an episode on that.

I don't remember the title...

Mopey Squidward is my favorite resident of Bikini Bottom.....bar none. I in some ways think he is designed to be the character adults can enjoy as they have to suffer watching that show with their kids. His bad luck is amusing and it is very creative the way they make it happen.

Mopey Squidward is my favorite resident of Bikini Bottom.....bar none. I in some ways think he is designed to be the character adults can enjoy as they have to suffer watching that show with their kids. His bad luck is amusing and it is very creative the way they make it happen.

I agree, I've always like Squidward the most. Now Patrick on the other hand is the absolute worst.

Have you seen wreck-it-Ralph? Kind of on the same lines about the bad guy and its a really good movie. I was surprised how much I liked it and how different it was from what I thought it would be about.

Back
Top Bottom