• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is it a crime?

thank you long live freedom!

So women who are breastfeeding are molesting their children. Got it. :roll:

I'm glad I live in a sane community. There's a reason I've lived here all my life and will never leave.
When my kids were babies, all I ever wore was a pair of cut-off Dickie overalls with no shirt underneath, and when they were hungry I just unbuckled a strap and whipped out my boob.
Nobody ever thought a thing of it.

Sure...til you posted that... ;)

I dont even know why this is such an issue. really are there THAT MANY women upset they cant go topless and braless? MOST women I know would prefer SOME level of support and MOST that want to go sans...really REEEEAAAALLLLYYY shouldnt... but as has been said before...Im on your side ladies...by all means...whip em out...fair is fair...

its a crime because christan fundalmentalist say its a crime oh and evolution is blasphemy. now head to church

How often do they let you out?

for the record...i couldnt care less...BUT...one MIGHT consider with the history of mankind (men AND womens) emphatiation with tits there JUST MIGHT be some truth to the notion that the female breast is 'traditionally' considered a sexual component and that explains the actual origins of MOST PEOPLES beliefs that topless in public is not acceptable.

Even in Europe where swimsuits are often optional it isnt likely that you will see women just so ****ing desperate for the chance to whip out their tits in public to show how goddam liberated they are. Maybe that is TRUE liberation...

How often do they let you out?

for the record...i couldnt care less...BUT...one MIGHT consider with the history of mankind (men AND womens) emphatiation with tits there JUST MIGHT be some truth to the notion that the female breast is 'traditionally' considered a sexual component and that explains the actual origins of MOST PEOPLES beliefs that topless in public is not acceptable.

Even in Europe where swimsuits are often optional it isnt likely that you will see women just so ****ing desperate for the chance to whip out their tits in public to show how goddam liberated they are. Maybe that is TRUE liberation...

thats why there fundamentalist they follow tradition and expect everybody to follow to. and all im saying sex is not a crime its nature and people should be able choose what they want to do not the preacher or bible belt congressmen.

thats why there fundamentalist they follow tradition and expect everybody to follow to. and all im saying sex is not a crime its nature and people should be able choose what they want to do not the preacher or bible belt congressmen.

There are very few "fundamentalists" left percentage wise. Im certainly what you would Im sure describe as a 'fundamentalist' and I personally couldnt give a **** less what you do re your sex life...nor do I care if women walk around topless. Frankly...I think there are more of me than you AND you want to be TOTALLY honest...I think people LIKE you are the ones that are more screwed up and uptight about sex in your own way...because you are the ones running around and startying threads like this as if you have something to prove. What is this...the 10th or 20th tit thread in the last few months? Seriously...who is it thats obsessed?

There are very few "fundamentalists" left percentage wise. Im certainly what you would Im sure describe as a 'fundamentalist' and I personally couldnt give a **** less what you do re your sex life...nor do I care if women walk around topless. Frankly...I think there are more of me than you AND you want to be TOTALLY honest...I think people LIKE you are the ones that are more screwed up and uptight about sex in your own way...because you are the ones running around and startying threads like this as if you have something to prove. What is this...the 10th or 20th tit thread in the last few months? Seriously...who is it thats obsessed?

i didnt start the thread man. i just said why its a crime. i agree with you though to each his own.

i didnt start the thread man. i just said why its a crime. i agree with you though to each his own.

If you look back a little ways there is at least a dammit why cant women be topless post ever week or so. And every one is pretty much the same...I think everyone here is pretty much pro freedom of exhibition...and pro boobage.

Why is it a crime for women to be topless in public in the US? Is this a blatant double standard, a sexist double standard or is there some logic behind why a women has to cover up their breasts and a man doesn't for the most part? We can play pick up basketball at the park, beach, jogging without covering up etc. etc. but women can't?

In late.

Everyone had a lot of good responses - but at the root of 'decency' laws is the public's acceptance and perception. Most people find a topless man to be an eyesore - but not sexual in nature. Topless women, however, are often considered to be 'revealing' herself. . . and many people actually like seeing it and would like to see more for certain associated reactions (like - it's sexually appealing)

There you go. It's not based on fairness, it's based on how most people would react.
if it eventually became less and less taboo then more laws would be repealed. . . hence why in some areas it's fine. . . yet in other areas men can't even be topless.

I'd prefer, around here, that men can't be topless - too many overweight construction workers roosting on roofs midsummer with their tops off and their cracks exposed. :)

Back
Top Bottom