• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is Israel Supporting Syria Strike?

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Every major Jewish group,from AIPAC,the ADL,to the Jewish Republican Federation,support a Syria strike. This baffles me. Yes,I understand that Syria is an ally of Iran. Still,I would think an attack on Syria would make Iranian attacks MORE likely.

Every major Jewish group,from AIPAC,the ADL,to the Jewish Republican Federation,support a Syria strike. This baffles me. Yes,I understand that Syria is an ally of Iran. Still,I would think an attack on Syria would make Iranian attacks MORE likely.

Because the only good arab is a dead arab? From their POV I mean. Not saying, just speculating.

It is likely about Obama keeping his word. Israel may feel that the reluctance of the U.S. to back Obama on Syria may later translate into the same when Iran gets closer to nuclear ready.

It is likely about Obama keeping his word. Israel may feel that the reluctance of the U.S. to back Obama on Syria may later translate into the same when Iran gets closer to nuclear ready.

Perhaps. My response to that would be that attacking Syria now makes US support for stopping Iran less likely. You can only go to the well so many times. One thing that does seem clear,those Israeli prisoner releases were probably to secure Israel's support for this.

Mainly for the same reasons Turkey supports a military strike. The Syrian conflict has wreaked great instability on their doorstep, in addition to the fact that Assad is one of the principal supporters of Hezbollah in the region.

That's quite the assumption. Iran is not likely to jeopardize their opportunity to become a nuclear power on account of sticking their neck out for Syria. Still, the cozy relationship that could prompt a response from Iran is good enough reason for Israel to support his ousting.

Back
Top Bottom