• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why is GOD punishing Colorado?

So apparently god has decided to stop creating hurricanes and bashing coastal regions of the USA, and now has focused on flooding the hell out of Colorado.

Why do you suppose that is?

Photos Show Why the Colorado Floods Are Being Called 'Biblical'

"Biblical" ........
I want to point out, that it is messed up and utterly pathetic if a god actually does these things. Slaughters innocent people, and destroys peoples lively-hoods for the actions of others. How morally backward and childish. I would think an almighty creator wouldn't be that much of a loser.

Last edited:
So apparently god has decided to stop creating hurricanes and bashing coastal regions of the USA, and now has focused on flooding the hell out of Colorado.

Why do you suppose that is?

Photos Show Why the Colorado Floods Are Being Called 'Biblical'

"Biblical" ........

Right. God's getting even with Colorado for this.
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/.../george-w-bush-award_n_3893752.ht

"George W. Bush Award Prompts Protest At University Of Denver ... "I don't think Bush deserves this award because he didn't do anything but lie ..."

I want to point out, that it is messed up and utterly pathetic if a god actually does these things. Slaughters innocent people, and destroys peoples lively-hoods for the actions of others. How morally backward and childish. I would think an almighty creator wouldn't be that much of a loser.

Or maybe that Diety really IS the Jealous and Vengeful force that the Abrahamists talk about in their holy books (Torah, Koran, and the Old Testament) and many other religions/mythologies talk about as well.

Sbrettt...as the old saying goes..."the proof is in the pudding." But really that would only apply to those who subscribe to the belief that such an entity exist.

God isn't punishing Colorado, Mother Nature is.

Or maybe that Diety really IS the Jealous and Vengeful force that the Abrahamists talk about in their holy books (Torah, Koran, and the Old Testament) and many other religions/mythologies talk about as well.

In which case he is not worthy of worship, but instead condemnation would be appropriate.

My best to the folks in Colorado being washed out. Beyond that, :roll:

God isn't punishing Colorado, Mother Nature is.

Chris...I certainly think you're way more in the ballpark.

Obviously nature is just nature doing whatever nature does randomly around the globe.

I'd say Colorado just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time...when nature was engaging in one of its many rowdy type activities.

Chris...I certainly think you're way more in the ballpark.

Obviously nature is just nature doing whatever nature does randomly around the globe.

I'd say Colorado just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time...when nature was engaging in one of its many rowdy type activities.

Well, a lot of bad things can happen when people try to work against Mother Nature or to change Mother Nature instead of trying to coexist in a responsible way with her.

Well, a lot of bad things can happen when people try to work against Mother Nature or to change Mother Nature instead of trying to coexist in a responsible way with her.

Be careful Chris...you'll be accused of being a tree hugging, climate change fanatic...environmentalist.

But as the old saying goes, "What goes around comes around." Or maybe, "we reap what we sow."...????

What's wild about the flooding is...this coming Friday my wife and I were suppose to attend a wedding in the boonies just west of Fort Collins, Colorado...but all of the highways and byways leading to where we would go...not good. Good thing we bought insurance in case anything affected our plane fare into Denver. Even though we can get into Denver...the problem is getting up to Ft. Collins and then over very dangerous kinds of roads...even without the flood. So if we have to cancel...at least we'll get our money back for the tickets. Insurance was like 39.00 bucks. Soooooo...might have been a good investment.

Be careful Chris...you'll be accused of being a tree hugging, climate change fanatic...environmentalist.

But as the old saying goes, "What goes around comes around." Or maybe, "we reap what we sow."...????

What's wild about the flooding is...this coming Friday my wife and I were suppose to attend a wedding in the boonies just west of Fort Collins, Colorado...but all of the highways and byways leading to where we would go...not good. Good thing we bought insurance in case anything affected our plane fare into Denver. Even though we can get into Denver...the problem is getting up to Ft. Collins and then over very dangerous kinds of roads...even without the flood. So if we have to cancel...at least we'll get our money back for the tickets. Insurance was like 39.00 bucks. Soooooo...might have been a good investment.

I don't think it's a good idea to build houses and try to change the way a river flows in order to accommodate humans living in such areas. It never works. Let's leave some areas to nature. :)

I think you were very smart to purchase the insurance. Honestly, I probably would have been cheap and not have done it and been kicking my own ass now.

Oh dear god the brewery is flooded!

I'll bet God gets really tired of taking the blame for things He didn't do.

Was there for the Long's Peak Scottish Festival back a couple of years ago. Beautiful area, if you don't get altitude sickness.

Yeah, the first day I was a little lightheaded and short of breath. By the third day I was pretty much acclimated.

Did a group horseback trip up a mountain, way cool. Saw some Olympic hopefuls training in the high altitude, running up the mountain miles from anywhere... impressive, running 100 yards took my breath up there.

Yeah, the first day I was a little lightheaded and short of breath. By the third day I was pretty much acclimated.

Did a group horseback trip up a mountain, way cool. Saw some Olympic hopefuls training in the high altitude, running up the mountain miles from anywhere... impressive, running 100 yards took my breath up there.

My doctors have advised me not to go to high altitude places

Back
Top Bottom