• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why is GOD punishing Colorado?

So apparently god has decided to stop creating hurricanes and bashing coastal regions of the USA, and now has focused on flooding the hell out of Colorado.

Why do you suppose that is?

Photos Show Why the Colorado Floods Are Being Called 'Biblical'

"Biblical" ........

Genesis 9:11-16
I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”
Relax knowing this is what God said to Noah. Think about climate change.

Yeah, the first day I was a little lightheaded and short of breath. By the third day I was pretty much acclimated.

Did a group horseback trip up a mountain, way cool. Saw some Olympic hopefuls training in the high altitude, running up the mountain miles from anywhere... impressive, running 100 yards took my breath up there.

Had a thumper of a headache the first day, didn't think about why. Second day, I realized why, and took something to get rid of it.

Was still a bit tiring if your not used to it. No way would I even think about training up there. I'd be flat on my back in a short time! :lol:

With congestive heart issues, I'd imagine not. Put a lot of strain on you.

Yeah but that horseback ride sounds like fun

No roller coasters either

Yeah but that horseback ride sounds like fun

No roller coasters either

It was. I live in "the hills"... grew up riding, but these were MOUNTAIN horses. They took those horses up trails (with many novice or tyro riders) I would NEVER have taken a horse up. Narrow, rocky, difficult footing even for a human.

Those horses handled it like it was nothing. Unlike "lowland" horses, they kept their heads down and watched their own hooves, and were amazingly surefooted.

I made the mistake of admitting to being an experienced rider, so they gave me an ornery jughead with an iron mouth and a sure and certain knowledge that he was supposed to be the lead horse. Made for an interesting ride, as he kept trying to pass the other horses and gave nothing more than a slight acknowledgement to the reins and bit.

In which case he is not worthy of worship, but instead condemnation would be appropriate.

No. In fact it is these "kind" and "loving" Gods you folks claim to believe in who are not worthy of worship or adoration. My father WASTED 54 years on one of those Gods and when my father needed that God, He was nowhere to be found. Didn't get much of a return on that investment, did he? At least the Vengeful deity is honest about not giving a crap about their followers.

It was. I live in "the hills"... grew up riding, but these were MOUNTAIN horses. They took those horses up trails (with many novice or tyro riders) I would NEVER have taken a horse up. Narrow, rocky, difficult footing even for a human.

Those horses handled it like it was nothing. Unlike "lowland" horses, they kept their heads down and watched their own hooves, and were amazingly surefooted.

I made the mistake of admitting to being an experienced rider, so they gave me an ornery jughead with an iron mouth and a sure and certain knowledge that he was supposed to be the lead horse. Made for an interesting ride, as he kept trying to pass the other horses and gave nothing more than a slight acknowledgement to the reins and bit.

Lol I was about to say I'm a fairly experienced rider. Till I got to the end. Now I know to keep my mouth shut

Lol I was about to say I'm a fairly experienced rider. Till I got to the end. Now I know to keep my mouth shut

That's what I'd do if I went again. Keep my mouth shut and get a nice placid gelding who just wants to walk up the mountain and back down again. :)

Why is GOD punishing Colorado?

I guess He doesn't like sports(wo)men for some reason... May be they use too much anabolics. :lamo

So apparently god has decided to stop creating hurricanes and bashing coastal regions of the USA, and now has focused on flooding the hell out of Colorado.

Why do you suppose that is?

Photos Show Why the Colorado Floods Are Being Called 'Biblical'

"Biblical" ........

Well, aren't we the reactionary. But to rain on your parade, have you considered they might be referring to "severity". As in "OMG, this is something like a disaster movie, or what you would read about in the bible"?

Or maybe that Diety really IS the Jealous and Vengeful force that the Abrahamists talk about in their holy books (Torah, Koran, and the Old Testament) and many other religions/mythologies talk about as well.

By his works shall we know if he's an asshole.

Better a deity who is an asshole than one who is a liar.

A liar is just another kind of asshole. Half dozen of one, 6 of another.

God did not punish Colorado because there is no such thing as God.
Rain is a function of meteorological events not the wrath of imaginary supernatural magical beings.
Sane adults know that.

A liar is just another kind of asshole. Half dozen of one, 6 of another.

An honest asshole is far better than a liar who claims to be your friend on every level possible.

Colorado is full of fornicators, potheads, beer brewers, loose women, homosexuals and former Californians.

An honest asshole is far better than a liar who claims to be your friend on every level possible.

If an omnipotent, omniscient being wanted to lie to you, you wouldn't even suspect it until they wanted you to. And I think an asshole with that kind of power would be a prime candidate for lying to you. Do you know god hasn't lied to you?

If an omnipotent, omniscient being wanted to lie to you, you wouldn't even suspect it until they wanted you to.

That's called Christianity.....people stupid enough to think their God gives a **** about them.

And I think an asshole with that kind of power would be a prime candidate for lying to you. Do you know god hasn't lied to you?

Yes, because my Gods and Goddesses told me right off the bet that the don't give a **** about my wellbeing and are only concerned with the quality of my Soul.

Those Northern Colorado types have been pushing for a seccesionist movement pretty hard. It's interesting that now they're begging for Federal and State help. They should take personal responsibility for their own well being and stop clamoring for cradle to the grave government aid.

That's called Christianity.....people stupid enough to think their God gives a **** about them.

Yes, because my Gods and Goddesses told me right off the bet that the don't give a **** about my wellbeing and are only concerned with the quality of my Soul.

Charming.

:lamo Sorry, but this is hilarious.

Clapton played Let it Rain?

Back
Top Bottom