• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is Exxon so interested in Carbon Capture?

Show me one of any significance. Note: Some rando on Twitter is going to get you laughed at.
Look at the pushback in a recent thread.
DP thread e-fuels
Deforestation called to say that's not true.
NASA earth greening up
From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

Europe had a carbon dioxide shortage a few years back that almost caused a beer crisis.
That joke doesn't work for those of us who know how beer is made.

DP thread e-fuels
So, yes, randos on the internet. That's what you're basing this on.

Longview, there are anti-AGW people who think global warming is impossible because God wouldn't let that happen. Do you feel obligated to spend time and effort defending these stances? Some of them are even elected officials, so surely that's even more reason for you to be painted with those ideas, right?

Deforestation called to say that's not true.
Actually, Ive seen studies that show even with the massive deforestation by man, we have more trees to compensate in other regions.

DP thread e-fuels

NASA earth greening up
From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.
But we're reducing the area of "vegetated lands".

Lol, it wasn't a joke. Keg beer requires carbon dioxide just like soda pop. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Bottled beer self carbonates. And you just said beer originally. Not kegged beer.

CO2 is made when the sugars ferment into alcohol. It is not necessary to add CO2. Besides, I prefer my tap beer to be pressurized with nitrogen.

Show one.
Can you show me you Jr. High science book?

I could do a search, but not going to waste m,y time. I don't care if you believe me or not. You were given knowledge you can either deny, or be skeptical of. It is up to you if you wish to research it. I'm not your teacher.

Longview, there are anti-AGW people who think global warming is impossible because God wouldn't let that happen. Do you feel obligated to spend time and effort defending these stances? Some of them are even elected officials, so surely that's even more reason for you to be painted with those ideas, right?
I just follow the data, and apply logic.
For about 8 years I have been saying the trend lines were in motion to replace oil based fuels with man made fuels. I keep seeing signs that this is happening.

For about 8 years I have been saying the trend lines were in motion to replace oil based fuels with man made fuels. I keep seeing signs that this is happening.
Alright well that rando on the internet says its in gods hands, not data. Why aren't you justifying that?

Bottled beer self carbonates. And you just said beer originally. Not kegged beer.

CO2 is made when the sugars ferment into alcohol. It is not necessary to add CO2. Besides, I prefer my tap beer to be pressurized with nitrogen.
Commercial breweries often add extra carbonation. Sometimes their recipes don't produce enough, sometimes processing removes too much. Europe did indeed have a carbon dioxide shortage a few years ago that almost lead to a beer shortage. Which could have been fatal in some areas.

Can you show me you Jr. High science book?

I could do a search, but not going to waste m,y time. I don't care if you believe me or not. You were given knowledge you can either deny, or be skeptical of. It is up to you if you wish to research it. I'm not your teacher.
I didn't expect that you could. Stop posting made up crap as if it's a fact. Some would call that "lying".

I asked a Ford Mechanic this, and he told me that modern cars all can compensate for better gas, just not worse.
Simply advance the timing, and build higher compression combustion chambers.

Simply advance the timing, and build higher compression combustion chambers.
Ideally the only change for normal people is a different color gas pump handle.

I think that takes a bit longer, but existing species could spread to the new ranges.

Yeah, it's not like we're in the midst of the sixth mass extinction event, that's caused by humanity.

Back
Top Bottom