• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WHY IS EUROPE MORE EQUAL THAN THE UNITED STATES?

So you trust Putin? You must be part of the 36% of French who have a favorable view of Russia.

I trust Putin to do what HE THINKS is best for Russia.

I happen to know that his daughter bought a very expensive house in the Bordeaux area of France that cost 3.7 megabucks. Now, where did she ever get THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY?

I'm not arguing against spending on education, nor am I ignorant of how we need a bit of reform on many issues including budget expenditures. We are not perfect nor are France and the EU.
If there were a perfect place in the world, neither would I be here pissing-around in a debate-forum!

But I also recognize the dangers of certain countries pose to a free world. France has her own mega problems why keep making threads attacking the US? our spending is our deal your spending is your deal.

The US has no ingrained right to determine who is part of the free-world and who is not. Free from what? Communism? OK - that's the US! But free from abject-poverty? Uh, uh! That aint the US!

When you look at the berserk lack of upper-income taxation that has made billionaires in the US, one wonders how "free" America is. For some, the rich, it is "very free". But for the others, well, more than 40.6 million* Yanks live in poverty, caused mainly by wage inequality, inflation and poor education.

That's 12.5% of the American population. For a country as rich as the US, how is that fair and equitable? It aint, so why do we-the-sheeple accept it ... ?!?

I trust Putin to do what HE THINKS is best for Russia.

I happen to know that his daughter bought a very expensive house in the Bordeaux area of France that cost 3.7 megabucks. Now, where did she ever get THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY?
Russian espionage operations against France have reached levels not seen since the 1980s.
If there were a perfect place in the world, neither would I be here pissing-around in a debate-forum!
There would be nothing to do in a perfect world.

The US has no ingrained right to determine who is part of the free-world and who is not. Free from what? Communism? OK - that's the US! But free from abject-poverty? Uh, uh! That aint the US!
See that right there is a strawman. I never said that the US determines anything. Try to be more honest ffs.
When you look at the berserk lack of upper-income taxation that has made billionaires in the US, one wonders how "free" America is. For some, the rich, it is "very free". But for the others, well, more than 40.6 million* Yanks live in poverty, caused mainly by wage inequality, inflation and poor education. When you look at the berserk lack of upper-income taxation that has made billionaires in the US, one wonders how "free" America is. For some, the rich, it is "very free". But for the others, well, more than 40.6 million* Yanks live in poverty, caused mainly by wage inequality, inflation and poor education.
You really, really want me to be a Republican, don't you? You want me to support Republican trickle-down insanity so that you can keep acting all lordy. But the reality is that I have supported such things and many other Americans do not either. Freedom is not a pissing contest.

Do you want to talk about how poverty is on the rise in France? Perhaps we can talk about how equal Muslims and immigrants are in France?

And while you are trying to splain to me about a large military budget sucking money from needed programs, France keeps growing its defense budget. Perhaps you should worry about your own countries direction and stop hypocritically criticizing other countries?

Simple example of Military-budget comparisons (2015) for *EU and **US in dollars:
*EU per capita budget : 393 (data from here)
**US " " " : 683 (data from here)

The over-blown military-budget in a time of peace is a useless waste of money that can be better employed elsewhere. Like - as I never ever tire of saying - education of our young for the good jobs that will predominantly require a post-secondary diploma.

People who prefer to remain dumb-arses like their parents are welcome to do so. But, they will pay the price by means of a far more mundane lifestyle. Because they'll be flipping hamburgers at McDonalds (as did their parents) ...

Simple example of Military-budget comparisons (2015) for *EU and **US in dollars:
*EU per capita budget : 393 (data from here)
**US " " " : 683 (data from here)

The over-blown military-budget in a time of peace is a useless waste of money that can be better employed elsewhere. Like - as I never ever tire of saying - education of our young for the good jobs that will predominantly require a post-secondary diploma.

People who prefer to remain dumb-arses like their parents are welcome to do so. But, they will pay the price by means of a far more mundane lifestyle. Because they'll be flipping hamburgers at McDonalds (as did their parents) ...
Things changed on 9/11 just as they are still changing for France since the Paris attacks. Yes, we all know that the US spends a shit ton of money on the military. But I haven't promoted that or condoned it. But you keep wanting me to defend it. I guess that the snark about the US contribution to NATO did not click. But if you do not want the US spending money on the military instead of education then stop depending on the US for its military. Which is exactly what France is doing. Your government could not depend on the US while Trump was stinking up the oval office with big macs. So your government started spending billions more on your own defense.

In case you were under a rock the majority of France's economy is services. It's called the modern world. And as automation tech evolves it's what everyone in the western world will be doing soon.
What is France's biggest source of income? Tourism. That means the majority of jobs in France are service jobs.
SO how's that mundane lifestyle treating you?

Equal is a binary condition, either it is equal, or it isn't.

But if you do not want the US spending money on the military instead of education then stop depending on the US for its military. Which is exactly what France is doing.

Pure balderdash! The French military has NO dependence upon the American military-services. De Gaulle cut off any military dependence upon the US long, long ago - because France had developed an atomic-bomb and it saw no necessity in asking Uncle Sam if, when and where it could be employed.

The French army is presently in central Africa playing war-games in the middle-of-Africa supporting two countries that have some problems with renegade army-deserters. With no support whatsoever from the US!

The Yanks left France when the Soviet Union was dissolved because the European Union was formed as a grouping of the European nations under a common "national" political-and-legal system that is employed in inter-state matters when necessary. This helped enhance trade amongst the European nations.

The European Union now has a "parliament" that makes laws employed commonly amongst all member nations. Which was the first step in establishing a "United States of Europe". There is not however a Chief Executive (commonly elected) of Europe. Not yet ...

So your government started spending billions more on your own defense.

Aint my government - I'm a Yank living in France.

Which is not the only factoid that you've got wrong ...

Pure balderdash! The French military has NO dependence upon the American military-services. De Gaulle cut off any military dependence upon the US long, long ago - because France had developed an atomic-bomb and it saw no necessity in asking Uncle Sam if, when and where it could be employed.

The French army is presently in central Africa playing war-games in the middle-of-Africa supporting two countries that have some problems with renegade army-deserters. With no support whatsoever from the US!

The Yanks left France when the Soviet Union was dissolved because the European Union was formed as a grouping of the European nations under a common "national" political-and-legal system that is employed in inter-state matters when necessary. This helped enhance trade amongst the European nations.

The European Union now has a "parliament" that makes laws employed commonly amongst all member nations. Which was the first step in establishing a "United States of Europe". There is not however a Chief Executive (commonly elected) of Europe. Not yet ...

"THAT FRANCE DID NOT LEAVE NATO IN 1966 BUT CONTINUED TO PLAY A VERY ACTIVE ROLE IN THE ALLIANCE?

Many people think that French President Charles de Gaulle took his country out of NATO in 1966 when he demanded that all military headquarters and installations not under French command depart French territory by 1967, but this is not the case.

What France did was withdraw from NATO's integrated military command structure – thus French personnel were no longer assigned to the staffs of headquarters in the NATO command structure and French units were not placed under NATO command, but France remained an active member of the Alliance itself and French personnel continued to serve at NATO's political headquarters in Brussels as well as in liaison offices at the other military headquarters.

The French armed forces also worked out secret arrangements for cooperation with NATO in wartime, so the Allies were sure that they could count on France in the event of a crisis or war.

When NATO began peacekeeping operations in the Balkans in the 1990s, French forces were active participants and France resumed its participation in the NATO Military Committee, because this body was making key decisions about peacekeeping operations. French personnel were also assigned to SHAPE and subordinate headquarters to assist in planning these operations, although they served as members of a separate "Balkans Planning Team" rather than on the permanent staffs.

In 2004, France moved one step closer to the NATO military structure by assigning personnel to the permanent staffs of SHAPE and its subordinate headquarters, and in 2009 France officially rejoined NATO's integrated military command structure."

France and the rest of the Allies depend on NATO it should be logical that all this ridiculous military spending does something.

Aint my government - I'm a Yank living in France.

SO if that's true why are calling all Americans yanks? DO you know anything about where you came from?

In the US the term yanks was used by the south to describe the union army and those up north.

WARNING

Good word, factoid, especially in this particular forum-thread.

Its definition is this:
An item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.

Be careful! It has become a VERY DANGEROUS HABIT in the US ... !

SO if that's true why are calling all Americans yanks? DO you know anything about where you came from?

In the US the term yanks was used by the south to describe the union army and those up north.
Outside of the US, all Americans are referred to as Yanks.

I think you mean Europe's misery index is more equal. Your homes are cramped and overpriced, your taxes are unbearably high, your standard of care in hospitals is poor at best in comparison to the US. Your price of basic utilities is scary, and then the price of gasoline is so much higher. I spent a total of 8 years in Europe when I was in the military and to you and the rest of Europe I say no thank you.
This. Europe is a not place to visit, but I wouldnt want to live there.

Outside of the US, all Americans are referred to as Yanks.
I am aware that "yanks" is British slang for Americans. The poster says that he is an American living in France. Seems a bit odd. Not that it matters other than this specific poster continuously making threads attacking the US people more so than the government.

You keep moving your "central facts" and "points" and then introduce non-sequitors to muddle those points without refuting anything that I post. That isn't debate, that is waiting for the next opportunity to post copy pasta. There is more spending than what happens at the US federal government, and in the US there is about $46 billion awarded in scholarships. Some have argued that the cost of a college education is increased by having any involvement by the federal government. Perhaps if local public education spent more time teaching how to learn and core knowledge rather than worrying about agenda driven side shows, the students may perform better.
1641762228274.png

I think you mean Europe's misery index is more equal. Your homes are cramped and overpriced, your taxes are unbearably high, your standard of care in hospitals is poor at best in comparison to the US. Your price of basic utilities is scary, and then the price of gasoline is so much higher. I spent a total of 8 years in Europe when I was in the military and to you and the rest of Europe I say no thank you.
1641773784805.png

Innovation is driven by mountains of private money. Americans like a high ceiling.

Your point and what it has to do with my post, please.
Please accept my apology...
I did not mean to offend...
-Peace

You Stated;
"Perhaps if local public education spent more time teaching how to learn and core knowledge
rather than worrying about agenda driven side shows, the students may perform better."

It may keep them out of the American School to Prison Pipeline for Black Males???
-Peace again

Please accept my apology...
I did not mean to offend...
-Peace

You Stated;
"Perhaps if local public education spent more time teaching how to learn and core knowledge
rather than worrying about agenda driven side shows, the students may perform better."

It may keep them out of the American School to Prison Pipeline for Black Males???
-Peace again
This still has nothing to do with my post. My post is applicable to all genders, races, and socio-economic groups.

Back
Top Bottom