• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why is christianity the true religion.

Joe7000 said:
If Sinai still applies, then everyone better convert to Judaism ...

On that particular matter: Yes, Sinai “still applies”, so to speak, but that has nothing to do with the mere religion today known as “Judaism”. Rather, I am saying that it was at Sinai (and as "locally" even before then) that YHWH had globally “erased any shadow of doubt as to WHO HE is” ... and I call the essence of all of that “the Sinai experience” that is still available today.

You might like this one from Erma Bombeck, Joe: “Many are called, but few get up!” And today, people have allowed the vested-interest (even if well-intentioned) preacher on the corner to take the place of Moshe’.

AlbqOwl said:
I hope we are still on target with the intent of the thread here ...

Possibly *I* am not, and for that, I apologize. I almost always only speak specifically *against* Christianity when speaking of it at all, and I do not know that to be the intent of this thread. So here again, and as followed by my answers, are the questions before us:

>> How can anyone insist that the Christian religion is right and all others are wrong?

People who so insist have been willingly-or-otherwise deceived into believing that, or at least that it might ultimately either prove to be so or somehow be accepted in consideration of its great number.

>> How is the Christian religion any different from any religion that came before (and is in fact a composite of several "pagan" religions)?

It specifically proffers a lawless, god-man messiah who in essence allegedly replaces “The Father” (YHWH).

>> Does Christianity have any clue on what any all-powerful god actually is, and how he might actually act?

Yes, a few, but it specifically teaches against some others.

>> And overall (and my personal favorite): Why do Christian churches have lightning rods?!

Maybe some of the folks there are already aware those buildings are scheduled to be burned and they are hoping to thereby survive in their sanctuaries the firestorm?

If you believe we can here continue within the intent of this thread, AlbqOwl, I leave the lead to you.

Be blessed ...

Ah! A few days ago, I thought about asking someone why the "Edit" button does not appear on all posts -- I did not realize it was only present on very recent ones -- and I have just now discovered the 10-minute limit for editing!

Christianity can only be true to me. In no way could I force it upon another individual, nor would I want too. I can only witness Christ’s love in my own life. As I take up the path in my life, I can only pray that I touch others with God’s love. It is in God’s hands how he uses that love. For me, Christ is the light of the world, I surrender to his will. Yet I fail in my walk daily, I know that he will pick me up when I stumble. By his grace, his Word, I have come to this faith. I can only show God to be righteous through his Word and my walk.

Christianity can only be true to me. In no way could I force it upon another individual, nor would I want too. I can only witness Christ’s love in my own life. As I take up the path in my life, I can only pray that I touch others with God’s love. It is in God’s hands how he uses that love. For me, Christ is the light of the world, I surrender to his will. Yet I fail in my walk daily, I know that he will pick me up when I stumble. By his grace, his Word, I have come to this faith. I can only show God to be righteous through his Word and my walk.

i wish i could here that from more christians...

as a hindu, i believe that how a person understands his own spirituality, religion and the world around him is unique. For some one religion may not make sense as opposed to another. We all have our own path to take.

there is only one true religion and no one practices it anymore, it was the religion that the neaderthals practiced. every religion after that has borrowed ideas from every other religion, so no christianity is not the true religion, just the neaderthal religion.

possibly. Then again how do you know the neandrathal religion was true. Just because they borrowed from this neandrathal religion doesn't make them the same as this religion.

Back
Top Bottom