• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is an HBCU offering a football scholarship to a kid that rapped a RACIST song?!

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Story of how he lost his Florida scholarship offer in the link. This kid posted on Twitter that he got an offer from Georgia HBCU Albany State.

This just disgusts me. I knew that internalized racism was a thing but I didn't think I'd see an HBCU football program ran by a black head coach stoop so low as to extend an offer to such an overtly racist bigot. This school is making a complete mockery of antiracism and undermining the statement UF made by withdrawing his offer. This little racist **** shouldn't be playing college football anywhere.

I'm fuming. Someone calm me down.:mad:

Story of how he lost his Florida scholarship offer in the link. This kid posted on Twitter that he got an offer from Georgia HBCU Albany State.

This just disgusts me. I knew that internalized racism was a thing but I didn't think I'd see an HBCU football program ran by a black head coach stoop so low as to extend an offer to such an overtly racist bigot. This school is making a complete mockery of antiracism and undermining the statement UF made by withdrawing his offer. This little racist **** shouldn't be playing college football anywhere.

But your selective wokism is having no problem with "bitches" "Pigs" and "Ho's"

Vulgarity is vulgarity.

Much of Rap music is vulgarity with a few pre school level rhymes sprinkled in. Vulgarity and a scratchy record with a bomp bomp beat is their art form............not music.

Most rappers are not worthy of mowing the lawns of the great Motown, Soul, Christian, and Blues artists.

Maybe because the coach who offered the scholarship, Quinn Gray, is a strong black man who doesn't fume but takes action to educate young promising kids.

Kid made a mistake. He's getting punished. The problem is greater. He's in his car, singing or rapping along to a song on the radio. So we apparently think the song is OK, it's on the radio. Some rap artist is making money on the same song and probably has a bunch of fans rapping to that music every day. But let a white kid sing a long and now it's a problem.
I'm not a rap fan, but I'm certainly not a rap fan that uses that word as well as lots of other images or abuse and crime and antil police anti women. So why does our society OK the song to begin with then get upset when a kid, regardless of color, simply sing along and happen to post it to his friends or followers. Are we going to hold this same standard to young black americans who do the same? Or do we now admit we have different standards.
Kid never should have done what he did, but our society is telling him daily it's ok for black kids to do, it's ok for you to listen but you cannot repeat. It's a bad signal we are sending.
Sorta like telling a black kid you can't swim in the white pool. They are both bad messages.

Why does it matter to you?
Could it be that a HBCU has a better understanding of the black experience in America?
Or is it that you are concerned about free speech only when you disagree with the speech?

Vulgarity is vulgarity.

Much of Rap music is vulgarity with a few pre school level rhymes sprinkled in. Vulgarity and a scratchy record with a bomp bomp beat is their art form............not music.

Most rappers are not worthy of mowing the lawns of the great Motown, Soul, Christian, and Blues artists.
okay boomer

Vulgarity is vulgarity.

Ack, you mentioned Motown, I have to play a Motown song.

People say believe half of what you see, son
And none of what you hear

No I don't. You don't either, but you appear to have a massive imaginary scenario built up.
Massive! Just Massive!

If Rap floats your boat.............. then fine.

You and I both get to form opinions because thats how it works.

Massive! Just Massive!

If Rap floats your boat.............. then fine.

You and I both get to form opinions because thats how it works.
Of course. Imo, your opinions are based on incorrect assumptions.

No.....they are based listening.

Rap is for simpletons who like nursery rhymes laced with in your face vulgarity.

Own it.
okay boomer

Do you yell at kids to get off your lawn as well?

Back
Top Bottom