• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is ABC Lying About Trump's Stance On Pre-Existing Conditions?

Why Is ABC Lying About Trump's Position On Pre-Existing Conditions?

• ABC Was Unaware Of Trump's Position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABC Is Purposely Trying To Mislead The American Public

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • ABC Was Intentionally Trying To Fool Trump Into Arguing Against The Pre-Existing Condition Guarantee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alas, another Poll with no viable options to choose from because the options DO NOT reflect any political reality.

How sad.

Political reality is that Trump has stated repeatedly that he will protect the pre-existing guarantee.

The 2017 Republican-led plan, as referenced in an earlier post, DID protect pre-existing conditions, as verified by CNN.

Liberals in this board, including you, are either flat out lying, or completely ignorant of Republican healthcare policy, because all they’ve watched was liberal media coverage for the past four years.

How sad.

You do understand that opposing the ACA is not synonymous with opposing the pre-existing condition guarantee. This obsession with "Trump lying" seems like the Biden Campaign is trying to use our criticism of Hillary against us.

He's asking the Supreme Court to get rid of all of Obamacare, including the pre-existing condition thing.

Stop telling moronic lies.

Political reality is that Trump has stated repeatedly that he will protect the pre-existing guarantee.
<snip>

Political reality is that Trump is asking the Supreme Court to get rid of all of Obamacare, including the pre-existing condition thing.

Stop telling moronic lies.

Sorry, the soonest the Supreme Court would issue its DECISION is Spring 2021.

And the soonest we can protect millions of Americans' coverage from the GOP at the ballot box is November 3.

Political reality is that Trump is asking the Supreme Court to get rid of all of Obamacare, including the pre-existing condition thing.
Again, for the hundredth time in the past week lol,

Trump has guaranteed pre-existing conditions will be protected in the new plan.

I'll bet money that you haven't watched Fox for any length of time in four years. And that you didn't watch any of the 2016 Republican Primary debates.

Before you make judgments about the intentions of a political party, you need to be educated and informed.

CNN doesn't count.

Again, for the hundredth time in the past week lol,

Trump has guaranteed pre-existing conditions will be protected in the new plan.

I'll bet money that you haven't watched Fox for any length of time in four years. And that you didn't watch any of the 2016 Republican Primary debates.

Before you make judgments about the intentions of a political party, you need to be educated and informed.

CNN doesn't count.

Again, for the hundredth time in the past week lol, political reality is that Trump is asking the Supreme Court to get rid of all of Obamacare, including the pre-existing condition thing.

What he says is irrelevant. He is in fact trying to get rid of all of the ACA, and the GOP never had any plan. The only question is whether he really duped you into repeating his bull**** this easily or whether you are consciously lying.

Again, for the hundredth time in the past week lol, political reality is that Trump is asking the Supreme Court to get rid of all of Obamacare, including the pre-existing condition thing.

What he says is irrelevant. He is in fact trying to get rid of all of the ACA, and the GOP never had any plan. The only question is whether he really duped you into repeating his bull**** this easily or whether you are consciously lying.

Really lol?

The GOP sponsored 2017 bill, supported by Trump, as well as Cruz and Rubio, preserved the pre-existing condition guarantee. The link is in Post 10 of this thread, per CNN.

You have absolutely no legitimate claim that Trump DOES NOT support keeping the pre-existing condition guarantee.

Again, if you had watched the 2016 Republican primary debates, or had watched a Fox at all in the past four years, you would know this.

It is obvious that you live in Massachusetts.

You do understand that opposing the ACA is not synonymous with opposing the pre-existing condition guarantee.

This obsession with "Trump lying" seems like the Biden Campaign is trying to use our criticism of Hillary against us.
Opposing the ACA mandate for coverage and repealing it means you oppose the pre-existing condition guarantee. You cannot have one without the other. A "insurance" system that allows people to wait until they get sick to sign up is not viable and never will be.

Really lol?

The GOP sponsored 2017 bill, supported by Trump, as well as Cruz and Rubio, preserved the pre-existing condition guarantee. The link is in Post 10 of this thread, per CNN.

You have absolutely no legitimate claim that Trump DOES NOT support keeping the pre-existing condition guarantee.

Again, if you had watched the 2016 Republican primary debates, or had watched a Fox at all in the past four years, you would know this.

It is obvious that you live in Massachusetts.
That is a lie. The GOP bill placed those with preexisting conditions in "high risk pools" with unaffordable rates.

The bill’s supporters have also noted that it would leave in place a regulation requiring that insurers offer coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. But critics note that’s cold comfort if the plans they offer are unaffordable.

Ultimately, if the Republican plan were passed, the health care market for people with pre-existing conditions in 2020 would have a lot in common with the health care market in 2010. That’s good if you’re healthy and young. But if you’re older and have had health problems in the past, your care would likely be worse — despite what Trump and Ryan have said.

https://time.com/4762385/ahca-health-care-preexisting-conditions-facts/

That is a lie. The GOP bill placed those with preexisting conditions in "high risk pools" with unaffordable rates.

The bill’s supporters have also noted that it would leave in place a regulation requiring that insurers offer coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. But critics note that’s cold comfort if the plans they offer are unaffordable.

This is NOT what Stephanopolous said.

He stated, to Trump, “You’ve been trying to strike down pre-existing conditions.”

He did not say “Why are you proposing legislation that would increase premiums for people with pre-existing conditions?”

Stephanopolous lied. I assume per the direction of ABC, because he is extremely intelligent and articulate, and I can’t imagine he would have chosen to mislead the public on his own.

The ACA makes healthcare more affordable to those with very low incomes, but it makes healthcare unaffordable to working class Americans who have to buy insurance independently.

Obama did not wave any sort of magic wand. He simply redistributed healthcare affordability.

Wealthy elite liberals did not mind, since they all had insurance provided through their employers.

Last edited:

He stated, to Trump, “You’ve been trying to strike down pre-existing conditions.”

He did not say “Why are you proposing legislation that would increase premiums for people with pre-existing conditions?”

Stephanopolous lied. I assume per the direction of ABC, because he is extremely intelligent and articulate, and I can’t imagine he would have chosen to mislead the public on his own.

The ACA makes healthcare more affordable to those with very low incomes, but it makes healthcare unaffordable to working class Americans who have to buy insurance independently.

Obama did not wave any sort of magic wand. He simply redistributed healthcare affordability.

Wealthy elite liberals did not mind, since they all had insurance provided through their employers.
The lie is that they are not trying to strike down the ACA provision that protects people with preexisting conditions from unaffordable premiums. Trump is doing just that. Half of Americans get their HC insurance through employers BTW. There were plenty of magic wands in the ACA to reduces costs including a cap on insurers profits and subsidies. Trump removed the cap along with the mandate.

Last edited:
The Supreme Court will not hear the current lawsuit against the ACA until this Spring.

By which time, Republicans will have drafted, and Congress will have passed, a replacement health care plan, which protects pre-existing conditions. Given that Democrats don’t block it.

Trump has been extremely consistent in vocalizing his promise that the pre-existing condition guarantee will be protected in any new plan proposed/passed.

Looking back four years, I cannot find one example of Trump making a political promise on policy, and then reversing it.

Give the guy some credit here.

Good one, I like it...and then I woke up and realized you were talking about republicans and healthcare plans and your belief the gop will produce a plan by spring. That's when I knew it was a dream. After ten years of doing their best to destroy the ACA all that time never once did I hear their proposal to replace the ACA, not once. Money talks in the gop and your belief that preexisting conditions will be covered is in for a rude awakening.

So your plan would what? Penalize those very low income people who also happen to work so the 'working class americans' can have the insurance they have to pay for be more affordable? Great plan, maybe the super wealthy and corporate america pay their fair share in taxes?

You do understand that opposing the ACA is not synonymous with opposing the pre-existing condition guarantee.

This obsession with "Trump lying" seems like the Biden Campaign is trying to use our criticism of Hillary against us.

Talk is cheap. He is, factually, trying to shoot down pre-existing condition protections in court.

He has, factually, not offered any plan to deal with that.

You disagree? Show us.

The Supreme Court will not hear the current lawsuit against the ACA until this Spring.

By which time, Republicans will have drafted, and Congress will have passed, a replacement health care plan, which protects pre-existing conditions. Given that Democrats don’t block it.

Trump has been extremely consistent in vocalizing his promise that the pre-existing condition guarantee will be protected in any new plan proposed/passed.

Looking back four years, I cannot find one example of Trump making a political promise on policy, and then reversing it.

Give the guy some credit here.

It has been a decade and the GOP hasn't offered anything. You're expecting one by spring? I'll believe it when I see it.

You're literally asking us to give credit to someone because they might do something. It's laughable.

The GOP sponsored 2017 bill, supported by Trump, as well as Cruz and Rubio, preserved the pre-existing condition guarantee.

But their accompanying legal strategy is to get rid of the ACA's guaranteed issue rules. The GOP's 2017 legislation (which was universally unpopular and couldn't become law anyway) had no equivalent provisions, meaning if their kill-the-ACA strategy succeeds they will bring back pre-existing conditions. Tens of millions of people are in serious danger right now thanks to the GOP.

But their accompanying legal strategy is to get rid of the ACA's guaranteed issue rules. The GOP's 2017 legislation (which was universally unpopular and couldn't become law anyway) had no equivalent provisions

This is false, according to CNN.

"Here's what the latest Obamacare repeal bill would really do:

Just as in Obamacare, insurers could not turn away those with pre-existing conditions. But it would leave it up to the states whether to continue other protections."

It has been a decade and the GOP hasn't offered anything. You're expecting one by spring? I'll believe it when I see it.

You're literally asking us to give credit to someone because they might do something. It's laughable.
Stephanopoulos told the American public that Trump was trying to "strike down pre-existing conditions."

You're asking us to assume that Trump, Rubio, Cruz, and dozens of other Republican legislators are involved in a giant conspiracy to tell the public they will protect pre-existing conditions, when they are all secretly lying.

That is what's laughable.

"Here's what the latest Obamacare repeal bill would really do:

Just as in Obamacare, insurers could not turn away those with pre-existing conditions. But it would leave it up to the states whether to continue other protections."

It does not do that. The Affordable Care Act does that. The GOP's legislation simply failed to explicitly repeal the ACA's guaranteed issue rules (the GOP bill relied on a strategy of pricing sick people out of their coverage instead of explicitly allowing insurers to deny them). That becomes irrelevant in a world where the other half of the GOP's strategy works--that is, their legal battle to get guaranteed issue thrown out and bring pre-existing conditions back.

The GOP's bill did nothing to protect people with pre-existing conditions, the ACA was always the underlying protection. Once the GOP gets rid of the ACA, people with pre-existing conditions have no protection, whether the GOP were to pass its massively unpopular bill or not.

It does not do that. The Affordable Care Act does that. The GOP's legislation simply failed to explicitly repeal the ACA's guaranteed issue rules (the GOP bill relied on a strategy of pricing sick people out of their coverage instead of explicitly allowing insurers to deny them). That becomes irrelevant in a world where the other half of the GOP's strategy works--that is, their legal battle to get guaranteed issue thrown out and bring pre-existing conditions back.

But it establishes that the GOP has no intent to eliminate the pre-existing condition guarantee.

In all honesty, we have a week until the first debate. Trump needs to explicitly clear this up, I'm sure Wallace will question him on healthcare.

I feel like I'm trying to argue what Trump, Rubio, and Cruz's intentions are, and, apparently, the feeling of many liberal posters on this board is that all of them have been lying for four years.

Trump needs to clear this up on the debate stage.

But it establishes that the GOP has no intent to eliminate the pre-existing condition guarantee.

Of course it doesn't establish that! Their bill doesn't protect pre-existing conditions in the absence of the ACA, and their legal strategy is to get rid of the ACA.

Duh.

The GOP is trying to bring back pre-existing conditions. Period.

Is he going to back out of his anti-ACA lawsuit during the debate? If not, it doesn't matter what he says.

The GOP's bill did nothing to protect people with pre-existing conditions, the ACA was always the underlying protection. Once the GOP gets rid of the ACA, people with pre-existing conditions have no protection, whether the GOP were to pass its massively unpopular bill or not.
You do realize the ACA had rising premiums and high deductibles to the point that many who had ACA coverage couldn't afford to use it because of the cost of the deductibles and co-pays.

You do realize the ACA had rising premiums and high deductibles to the point that many who had ACA coverage couldn't afford to use it because of the cost of the deductibles and co-pays.

If you want to reverse the steps Trump has taken to jack up premiums and you want to provide the financial support needed to make coverage more affordable for tens of millions of people, Biden's your candidate.

If you want to bring back pre-existing conditions and get rid of any financial assistance for families, then you've got Trump.

In all honesty, we have a week until the first debate. Trump needs to explicitly clear this up, I'm sure Wallace will question him on healthcare.

I feel like I'm trying to argue what Trump, Rubio, and Cruz's intentions are, and, apparently, the feeling of many liberal posters on this board is that all of them have been lying for four years.

He will need to sing a different tune too. His blanket statement was far too vague. Biden will rip it to pieces.
I think Trump is playing us and will say anything to get votes and that is what this is. A despicable ploy to win votes.

Back
Top Bottom