• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

" Why I'm Voting for Trump...Even Though I Don't Want To"

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From American Thinker:

...I want to vote to defend the police. ...I want to vote to make black lives matter. ...I want to vote to make black lives better. ...I want to vote for a strong economy. ...I want to vote for law and order and against Antifa and BLM. ...I want to vote for an unbiased media establishment, one where the facts are presented without editorial spin, and stories are not killed because they do not fit the agenda. ...I want to vote against open borders and illegal immigration. ...I want to vote for the First Amendment. ...I want to vote for the Second Amendment. ...I want to vote for a strong defense. ...I want to vote to stand up to China. ...I want to vote to support capitalism.

...So, no, I don't want to vote for Donald Trump. But voting for him is the only way I can vote for the things I do want to vote for. https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ting_for_trumpeven_though_i_dont_want_to.html

Which of these arguments will resonate with American voters?

From American Thinker:

...I want to vote to defend the police. ...I want to vote to make black lives matter. ...I want to vote to make black lives better. ...I want to vote for a strong economy. ...I want to vote for law and order and against Antifa and BLM. ...I want to vote for an unbiased media establishment, one where the facts are presented without editorial spin, and stories are not killed because they do not fit the agenda. ...I want to vote against open borders and illegal immigration. ...I want to vote for the First Amendment. ...I want to vote for the Second Amendment. ...I want to vote for a strong defense. ...I want to vote to stand up to China. ...I want to vote to support capitalism.

...So, no, I don't want to vote for Donald Trump. But voting for him is the only way I can vote for the things I do want to vote for. https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ting_for_trumpeven_though_i_dont_want_to.html

They probably all would, sadly trump has proven he doesn't care. He gives lip service to issues and in private says something different. If that isn't clear by now, by all means vote for trump.

From American Thinker:

Dumb Dumb comment. Biden has NO power to defund the police. That is a STATE level function. Under Trump we have seen White Supremacy RISE due to his enabling attitude. So the comments that they want to make Black Lives Better under Trump is a LIE.

Yep our economy is BOOMING right now thanks to Trump undercutting mask wearing and social distancing which has PROLONGED this epidemic. Imagine if people during the shutdown with a REAL president had engaged in social distancing and mask wearing instead of conspiracy theories being floated by the incompetency of Trump. Sorry but no.

Voting for Trump means you are a complete ****ing RETARD. Plain and simple.

This represents my opinion:

I want to vote to make black lives matter. Defunding the police would take the lives of thousands more black folks every year — mostly killed by black thugs. More black folks have been killed this year by BLM riots than by rogue cops. Blacks are 13% of the population, but 47% of the murder victims and 52% of the killers. The leading cause of death in young black males is murder by other young black males. Blacks are 40% of Planned Parenthood abortions. Let's defund Planned Parenthood to stop black genocide.

I want to vote to make black lives better. Black employment is at historic highs, much higher than under the Obama-Biden administration. Black folks should be able to choose high-quality schools for their kids just as the rich Democrats do. I want to vote for school choice and charter schools. And I want to stop the riots, which are destroying both black and white jobs.

The American Thinker is generally full of ****. And all those things are nothing more than a propaganda narrative because Trump has not made gains on any of those fronts. It will resonate with his Cult though because they drank the kool-aid, as it were.

The American Thinker is generally full of ****. And all those things are nothing more than a propaganda narrative because Trump has not made gains on any of those fronts. It will resonate with his Cult though because they drank the kool-aid, as it were.

Ah, killing the messenger so early in the day?

The old okie doke: “Only I can fix it!”

Trump: “I didn’t want to spread panic.”

Trump’s campaign:

Caravans

Low income housing in the suburbs

Try calling 911, when there is no answer

The stock market will crash

401Ks will disappear, just like the virus

Read whatever you want to make you feel enter!

From American Thinker:

Do any of those arguments resonate with you?

The only requirement the American Thinker and Trump has for it's readers and supporters is one thing.

Don't think.

Voting Trump for "Law and Order" is a bit like voting for Epstein to run a School System.

The pendulum has swung back a bit to the D's with Trump's last week or so.
Better to have him on defense.
Add forcing rally-goers to sign their own lives away to newest ads.

Neither Law nor Order have ever been associated with Deutsche Donald.
Nixon Tapes 2.0.

Barr and McConnell remind me of Haldeman and Erlichman from back in the day.
It's hard to say whether they're appeasing him or not so he doesn't blow up the earth.

Do any of those arguments resonate with you?

Yes. I still wear my journo hat from time to time, and although I don't own a gun, I recognize that the Second Amendment is the only one capable of defending all the rest of our rights. And the United States must free itself from its dependence on China.

But the reason I posted this was that I think that many, many Americans, irrespective of party, support several of these arguments. The mainstream media would have you believe otherwise, but I suspect that more Americans than they realize are tuning them out.

What, for example, do you think that a majority of ordinary Americans are thinking when they watch the supper news of the continuing street violence?

This represents my opinion:

I want to vote to make black lives matter. Defunding the police would take the lives of thousands more black folks every year — mostly killed by black thugs. More black folks have been killed this year by BLM riots than by rogue cops. Blacks are 13% of the population, but 47% of the murder victims and 52% of the killers. The leading cause of death in young black males is murder by other young black males. Blacks are 40% of Planned Parenthood abortions. Let's defund Planned Parenthood to stop black genocide.

I want to vote to make black lives better. Black employment is at historic highs, much higher than under the Obama-Biden administration. Black folks should be able to choose high-quality schools for their kids just as the rich Democrats do. I want to vote for school choice and charter schools. And I want to stop the riots, which are destroying both black and white jobs.

What will Trump do to address the problems you state if re-elected and why hasn't he done those things in the 3.5 years he has already been president?

From American Thinker:

Looks like you're trying hard to justify doing the wrong thing. Voting shouldn't be that. My condolences, Bene. Especially since even doing the wrong thing won't accomplish any of what you want done - it hasn't in four years, it won't with four more years.

From American Thinker:

Four polls are already showing that voters trust Biden over trump on crime, race and social unrest. The polls are also showing that voters believe trump is making these things worse.

It's been my observation that Trump supporters have one (or more) of the following motivations:

As long as they believe that he will fulfill their primary issue, they will vote for him no matter what.

1. Some only care about tax cuts
2. Some only care about SCOTUS/Roe v. Wade
3. Some just want nothing more than to "stick it to the Libs".
4. Some want validation for their racist ideology.

From American Thinker:

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016. I just had no idea how bad Trump would turn out to be.

The continual lying and exaggeration of his accomplishments is enough for anyone you would think.

Remember when he said he would be working so hard he wouldn't be playing golf? Yet as of 11/8/2019 he had played golf 23% of the days he's been in office. More than any other president.

Trump is basically fake as his wife's boobs.

It's been my observation that Trump supporters have one (or more) of the following motivations:

As long as they believe that he will fulfill their primary issue, they will vote for him no matter what.

1. Some only care about tax cuts
2. Some only care about SCOTUS/Roe v. Wade
3. Some just want nothing more than to "stick it to the Libs".
4. Some want validation for their racist ideology.

#5. Some are capable only of overgeneralization.

From American Thinker:

I think you and other anti-immigrant conservatives would be far better off if you picked someone else other than Trump to be your flag-bearer. The longer you cling to Trump the longer period of time the Republican Party will be completely irrelevant on the national stage. Also, Biden is a moderate, and the vast majority of the complaints the author of this article is detailing simply do not apply to Biden.

By the way, Nota Bene, do you have kids?

Were you okay with the Trump policy to kidnap kids from their parents at the border for a crime no different than misdemeanor trespassing? Why would you vote for somebody who instituted a policy like that?

How would you like it if someone took your kids from you?

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016. I just had no idea how bad Trump would turn out to be.

The continual lying and exaggeration of his accomplishments is enough for anyone you would think.

Remember when he said he would be working so hard he wouldn't be playing golf? Yet as of 11/8/2019 he had played golf 23% of the days he's been in office. More than any other president.

Trump is basically fake as his wife's boobs.

Gee, thanks for elevating the conversation(s) with your last comment. Way to keep it classy. :roll:

From American Thinker:

American Thinker is Glen Beck with three syllable words.

The trash is exactly the same.

I remember when they defended Bush’s war in Iraq by comparing Iraq with Vichy France, which AT claimed was a US ally in WWII. If that doesn’t make any sense, or appears self serving and convoluted, it’s American Thinker. What do you expect?????

This is a Trumpster, who was always a Trumpster, declaring his alliegance to all the tired old right wing tropes, which, along with virulent racism, are all Trump has to offer.

Last edited:
Another poster posted this in another thread, but I think it’s worth more exposure; Ramoss, I think!

I think you and other anti-immigrant conservatives would be far better off if you picked someone else other than Trump to be your flag-bearer. The longer you cling to Trump the longer period of time the Republican Party will be completely irrelevant on the national stage. Also, Biden is a moderate, and the vast majority of the complaints the author of this article is detailing simply do not apply to Biden.

Trump is not my flag-bearer. I am not anti-immigrant. I cling to nothing but the Cross. What I am is capable of is carrying on a conversation about contrarian opinions without resorting to overgeneralizations and labeling. I'm also able to see others as the unique individuals they are. You should try it sometime.

Back
Top Bottom