• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why iis no one on this mesaage board writing about the massacre happening in Ukraine?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The GOPers continue to write about Hunter Biden and I have no idea where the Dems are, but there has been a massacre of civilians in Ukraine that continues now in other parts of the country. Women, children and old men shot down in the streets, people killed with their hands tied behind their backs, women stripped naked, rapped and then shot in the back of the head. Trenches filled with the dead bodies of people gunned down like the Nazi's, who the Russians complain about running Ukraine, did to the Jews in WWII. Some of the bodies burned, hopefully after they had been killed, but how are we to know. People complained when Biden said Putin was guilty of war crimes, well I think he was just saying what we know to be true in Ukraine. And yet the GOP and right wingers want to change the topic and only talk about Hunter Biden and the Dems seem to be no where to be found on this message board. It is pitiful.

War is, and always has been, a dirty business. I don't understand how Russian soldiers are crazy enough to do these things.
They aren't fanatics like the SS was. Are they?
The Japanese did similar things to the Chinese in the 1930s.

The GOPers continue to write about Hunter Biden and I have no idea where the Dems are, but there has been a massacre of civilians in Ukraine that continues now in other parts of the country. Women, children and old men shot down in the streets, people killed with their hands tied behind their backs, women stripped naked, rapped and then shot in the back of the head. Trenches filled with the dead bodies of people gunned down like the Nazi's, who the Russians complain about running Ukraine, did to the Jews in WWII. Some of the bodies burned, hopefully after they had been killed, but how are we to know. People complained when Biden said Putin was guilty of war crimes, well I think he was just saying what we know to be true in Ukraine. And yet the GOP and right wingers want to change the topic and only talk about Hunter Biden and the Dems seem to be no where to be found on this message board. It is pitiful.
Try the Ukraine/Russia thread. You will find threads about this massacre there.

War is, and always has been, a dirty business. I don't understand how Russian soldiers are crazy enough to do these things.
The Japanese did similar things to the Chinese in the 1930

Putin propaganda whatsboutism. Putin loves you. Does that make you proud? Are you really saying that the Russian soldiers did not do this?

There's ongoing threads on it actually. I think about it daily.
I'm behind whatever we can do to help stop the bloodshed.

Putin propaganda whatsboutism. Putin loves you. Does that make you proud?

Putin is an asshole. Sorry to disappoint you there, commie

Putin propaganda whatsboutism. Putin loves you. Does that make you proud? Are you really saying that the Russian soldiers did not do this?

Why are you ignoring Nigeria? How long have you been a terrorist sympathizer?

He didnt say that. Why do you have to lie like that? Thats the real question.

Are you kidding? There's a lot - but the more the better. I was just reading more about the atrocities. We need to do even more.

Are you kidding? There's a lot - but the more the better. I was just reading more about the atrocities. We need to do even more.

Yes, your posts are saving lives.

You obviously don't scroll through many of the other forums on this site.

Well I suspect that there is not a "Vladimir Putin....BUTCHER OF BUCHA" thread because all of us that are not simply curled up on Vlad's lap as one of his lapdogs realizes that once the Ukrainians get into more of these cities they are going to find much......Much......MUCH.....M....U.....C....H worse than Bucha waiting for them.

If Vlad wanted to insure that the Ukrainians would fight to the last man and either beat him, drive him off and embarrass him in the eyes of the world or die trying, he has certainly accomplished that. IMO, there will be no quarter given nor territory offered in negotiation. That is over now IMO.

AEA8A50E-EB17-4373-8DA3-547F5E24C502.jpeg

WTF? Have you not noticed the many (3.5K?) threads about the war in Ukraine under international politics? That appears to be an average of about 100 new threads per day since the recent increase in Russian military action.

Last edited:
WTF? Have you not noticed the many (3.5K?) threads about the war in Ukraine under international politics?
It’s just a typical expectation that all topics are controlled from those who are from the camp of conversation control.

Look a little farther. I've been reading about it for 2 days here.

Blanket criticism of right wing folks in this forum for not participating in enough (as if it is your place to make such a judgment) discussions of the atrocities being committed by Russians in Ukraine is a really shitty, cheap shot.

Blanket criticism of right wing folks in this forum for not participating in enough (as if it is your place to make such a judgment) discussions of the atrocities being committed by Russians in Ukraine is a really shitty, cheap shot.
Kind of a lot of those last couple days (both sides). Is it full moon?

The Japanese did similar things to the Chinese in the 1930s.
The best I can figure is that they are being lied to by their commanders and Putin. They are made to believe the Ukrainians are evil people and they are eradicating Nazi's, and that Ukraine is really part of Russia. They are young, untrained soldiers who believe they are doing the right thing, at least many of them.

Anyone with a better or different explanation, please tell us. Because I am a little baffled as well.

Kind of a lot of those last couple days (both sides). Is it full moon?
I don’t know, but you’d think discussions concerning Ukraine’s fight for survival would be a subject all of us could agree on.

I don’t know, but you’d think discussions concerning Ukraine’s fight for survival would be a subject all of us could agree on.
Seems we pretty much do.
The best I can figure is that they are being lied to by their commanders and Putin. They are made to believe the Ukrainians are evil people and they are eradicating Nazi's, and that Ukraine is really part of Russia. They are young, untrained soldiers who believe they are doing the right thing, at least many of them.

Anyone with a better or different explanation, please tell us. Because I am a little baffled as well.
Isn't it to terrorize the rest of the population into submission? It's why ISIS does it. I'm sure it's why lots of armies do it.

There's ongoing threads on it actually. I think about it daily.
I'm behind whatever we can do to help stop the bloodshed.

I think about it too.

I'm on the Board of Directors of two animal rescues. We were shown videos of a shelter in Ukraine with over 450 dogs that Putin and his filthy asshole soldiers took over in February. They finally let the volunteers back in and there are less than 150 animals still alive. They had no food and no water. The dead bodies of the other shelter animals are all over the place.

We also saw videos of the soldiers shooting the pets who were left behind and are running up to the Russian soldiers wagging their tales looking for love and food and water. And those Russians are laughing.

**** Putin. I hope someone takes him out. Painfully.

Here is what we can take for granted just based on the performance of the Russian troopers and what we have seen from Bucha:
- the Russian trooper can't fight his way out of a paper bag. He suffers the result of decades of corruption and decay from top to bottom. While corruption occurs in the US, its a line item on Russian invoices. The money that is supposed to train and equip these people simply evaporates into thin air
- they are lied to regularly by their officer corp and there is no non-commissioned officers in any depth that can act as a shield and aide to the rank and file conscript
- since they can't fight and are not led, they simply run around aimlessly until targeted and shot or their equipment breaks down
- the Russian trooper even simply leaves his war dead lying in the gutter. That is not a version of espirit d' corp or fighting spirit that I am familiar with
- a natural occurrence when you know your army is purposefully targeting and bombing civilian targets while you yourself are left running around in circles like you are simply a target in a pinball game until you get waxed is to simply take advantage of the citizenry yourself. This is such a reliable outcome to an untrained army seeing the citizens of its supposed enemy simply targeted by long range ordinance and taken out street by street that nobody needs give an oder like "shoot and rape the citizens" it is a naturally occurring phenomenon for the kind of army Russia is fielding

So while we wax on about Russian State TV and Putin shutting down independent media in Russia itself, you know who knows this is a criminal war being led by a criminal leader? The rank and file Russian trooper knows. The only question that remains to be answered is will the West provide the means for Ukriane to simply continue to put the Russian Army through the woodchopper now that the character of the Ukraine military activity has to change from survival to pushing the Russians until they fall apart. That they will fall apart is without question. It only requires providing the Ukrainians with the tools to do it in enough volume so that the Russians can't simply now destroy the entire country by lobbing ordinance at the citizenry. Give them the tools and the Ukrainians will do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom