• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why I think abortion should be legal.

Axismaster said:
How then, could you condone the government that condones abortion?
Easily. While it is live, human tissue, it is non-sensate and non-sentient, and uses the woman's body. If she doesn't want that use, she doesn't have to be enslaved to it.

That is how easily I condone the Government that condones abortions.

steen said:
Easily. While it is live, human tissue, it is non-sensate and non-sentient, and uses the woman's body. If she doesn't want that use, she doesn't have to be enslaved to it.

That is how easily I condone the Government that condones abortions.

A slave to the most precious gift of God? Gosh, somebody's in hippieland.

Axismaster said:
So because YOU think it is great, she should be happy to be enslaved? That is a terribly narcissistic view to hold.

Axismaster said:

I hate fetuses, **** 'em. I don't want to be enslaved to a fully-formed person, much less something that is only potentially a person. We need an underground abortion railroad to emancipate the enslaved mothers.

steen said:
So because YOU think it is great, she should be happy to be enslaved? That is a terribly narcissistic view to hold.

If she considers it slavery, then let her be enslaved, because it cannot be as bad as being slaughtered.

Engimo said:
I hate fetuses, **** 'em. I don't want to be enslaved to a fully-formed person, much less something that is only potentially a person. We need an underground abortion railroad to emancipate the enslaved mothers.

If they were to ban abortion and you opened up an underground railroad like that, I would suit up in full military gear and go on a bounty hunting mission. That is how much I care about human life. Now, I would never kill you, I would just capture you and bring you in. Seriously, if it was the law, I'd be glad to enforce it.

Axismaster said:
If they were to ban abortion and you opened up an underground railroad like that, I would suit up in full military gear and go on a bounty hunting mission. That is how much I care about human life. Now, I would never kill you, I would just capture you and bring you in. Seriously, if it was the law, I'd be glad to enforce it.
So you are just a law-obiding citizen? And when the prolifers act illegally, you happily go after them, right? Or are you hypocritical?

Axismaster said:
If she considers it slavery, then let her be enslaved, because it cannot be as bad as being slaughtered.
Prolife anti-woman, misogynistic oppresson exposed. Thank you for showing how damn little you care for women.

steen said:
Prolife anti-woman, misogynistic oppresson exposed. Thank you for showing how damn little you care for women.

I care for women. I am liberating them from this myth that abortion is best. I support feminism all around, I just am vehemently pro-life. It is not slavery to carry a child to term, the myth that abortion is okay is slavery.

Axismaster said:
I care for women. I am liberating them from this myth that abortion is best.
What myth is that? Who has ever claimed that "abortuion is best"? please avoid such false claims. You are beginning to come accross as deliberately deceptive.
I support feminism all around, I just am vehemently pro-life.
So you do NOT support feminism "all around," and you made an outright false claim. You do NOT support lettign women control their own lives.
It is not slavery to carry a child to term,
But if you are FORCED to do so against your will, then it very much is slavery.
the myth that abortion is okay is slavery.
Sheesh, why don't you just drop the silly, emotional hyperbole? It just makes you look like a dishonest loon.

steen said:
axismaster said:
Sheesh, why don't you just drop the silly, emotional hyperbole? It just makes you look like a dishonest loon.
actually that really isn't a hyperbole....he isn't exaggerating at all, that has really been said before....by the pro-choice crowd at that........just sayin....

goligoth said:
actually that really isn't a hyperbole....he isn't exaggerating at all, that has really been said before....by the pro-choice crowd at that........just sayin....
What he said was:

He is referring to a "myth" as being slavery. A myth is a story, and as such, it is hyperbole.

steen said:
What he said was:

He is referring to a "myth" as being slavery. A myth is a story, and as such, it is hyperbole.

a hyperbole is an extreme exageration isn't it....if it is than this isn't hyperbole it is...a misrepresentation....

goligoth said:
a hyperbole is an extreme exageration isn't it....if it is than this isn't hyperbole it is...a misrepresentation....
It is an extreme exageration of what slavery is, hence it is hyperbole

"I care for women. I am liberating them from this myth that abortion is best. I support feminism all around, I just am vehemently pro-life. It is not slavery to carry a child to term, the myth that abortion is okay is slavery." - axismaster

mate, sometimes abortion CAN be the better option. Don't be so one sidded about the matter.

So you don't think a fetus is a full human?

no its really not. How is a foetus a full human? it literally doesn't know what's going on. It has no 'active' memory - ****ing hell, its brain isnt even slightly developed! so how would it know if it got aborted?

thecelt said, "no its really not. How is a foetus a full human? it literally doesn't know what's going on. It has no 'active' memory - ****ing hell, its brain isnt even slightly developed! so how would it know if it got aborted?

There are people who live in vegatative states that dont know whats going on too.......are you saying we should dispose of them as well?

Slightly developed? Obviously you don't know much...........what month are you talking about? ARe you saying the unborn at later stages is unaware of its self? Do tell us when the brain is developed? I cant wait to hear this.........:rofl

"By 13.5 to 14 weeks, the entire body surface, except for the back and the top of the head, are sensitive to pain." -The Development of the Brain by S. Reinis and J. Goldman

"The fetus needs to be heavily sedated. The changes in heart rate and increase in movement suggest that these stimuli are painful for the fetus."-Valman & Pearson, "What the Fetus Feels," British Med. Jour., Jan. 26, 1980

"When doctors first began invading the sanctuary of the womb, they did not know that the unborn baby would react to pain in the same fashion as a child would. But they soon learned that he would."- Dr. A. Liley, Prof. of Fetology, University of Aukland, New Zealand

"...and so by the close of the first trimester the fetus is a sentient, moving being. We need not speculate as to the nature of his psychic attributes, but we may assert that the organization of his psychosomatic self is well under way."
--Dr. Arnold Gesell, Yale (The Embryology of Behavior, Harper Bros., 1945)

Twenty-three weeks (5 months) after conception, the baby is able to think. It begins to dream and is capable of learning.2 A week later, the baby learns to respond to sound. 40% of babies born at this time will reach adulthood.
"Do You Hear What I Hear?" Newsweek Special Issue, Summer 1991

ok mr. smartarse. maybe i DON'T know much, but i certainly didnt come here to be talked to like that.

There are people who live in vegatative states that dont know whats going on too.......are you saying we should dispose of them as well?

and as for your heart felt statement - YES, if you are talking about labotomising people, then i'd certainly like to die rather then living a spoon-fed life. you ever heard of a thing called euthinasia?

thecelt said:
ok mr. smartarse. maybe i DON'T know much, but i certainly didnt come here to be talked to like that.

and as for your heart felt statement - YES, if you are talking about labotomising people, then i'd certainly like to die rather then living a spoon-fed life. you ever heard of a thing called euthinasia?

Dont let her get to you....she treats everyone who does not agree with her this way.....just learn to avoid her like the rest of the board does. She is a one topic wonder in here.....with her own versions of data.

tecoyah said:
She is a one topic wonder in here.....
HEY! Is that bad? I'm pretty--shall we say--focused also....but I do know a little about British Literature and I'm a fairly decent watercolorist....I used to be a very good swimmer!.....does that score me any points?:2razz:

Felicity said:
HEY! Is that bad? I'm pretty--shall we say--focused also....but I do know a little about British Literature and I'm a fairly decent watercolorist....I used to be a very good swimmer!.....does that score me any points?:2razz:

There is a difference sweet Felicity....you have a very sharp brain....and more than two braincells. Worthy of serious debate when you want it.....this one seems somewhat....uh....lacking in most areas. Thus.....avoiding her seems a valid tactic. Besides....if I need frustration, I have but to jab YOU in the ribs a couple times.

tecoyah said:
There is a difference sweet Felicity....you have a very sharp brain....and more than two braincells. Worthy of serious debate when you want it.....this one seems somewhat....uh....lacking in most areas. Thus.....avoiding her seems a valid tactic. Besides....if I need frustration, I have but to jab YOU in the ribs a couple times.
Well you know, my most virile heathen, your opinion of me at first was not so panegyrical and you also thought that I was not worth talking to. But then, you got all sweet talking and I now just can't help myself but return the lovin'. You never know...maybe that would work on others too (not that I want to share or anything;) ).

And yet, I have not the patience....nor the stomach to pretend this other would be worth the effort of attention. You my dear, have a way....I dont quite know what way it is yet, but definately a way. I am sure, in time we will find something to agree upon....heh. She unfortunately, says nothing to agree with....even her scriptural basis is warped beyond any of the Bibles I have read. Maybe theres a new one out there.

tecoyah goes to Amazon to look

tecoyah said:
You my dear, have a way....I dont quite know what way it is yet, but definately a way.
Yeah...I do get under the skin. Sorta like ringworm, eh?

I am sure, in time we will find something to agree upon....heh.
We already do--we enjoy each other's "style" even if we have very different perspectives. :2wave:
Ciao, tec...:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom