• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I Hate Microsoft

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My new comp has Windows 7, which for the most part is pretty cool. However, sometimes it dos things like download updates, and not bother to tell you in advance that it's now going to shut your comp down. When you are embroiled in a game of Hearts Of Iron 3, with Europe mostly conquered(in 1939!) and are getting ready for the push into Russia, and all of a sudden it shuts down and you have not saved in over an hour, it's kinda annoying...

Yeah, you're right. You should go back to Vista. I hear great things about it.

Meh, thats more of the operator needing to consult his windows operating manual. We have no such issues. :shrug:

Yeah, you're right. You should go back to Vista. I hear great things about it.

Don't joke about it. I'm still using Vista. I've upgraded to Windows 7 and degraded it back to Vista.

The criticism of Vista is mostly correct and legitimate, the system does suck and it draws a lot of power from your computer, but my computer is powerful enough as it is and Vista has been out for some years now, so most of its bugs have been fixed in the updates, unlike Windows 7 which is still quite buggy.

Besides that, I've got used to Vista's style, and I hate change.

I'll use Windows XP - Vista was bloated garbage and Windows 7 is based on Vista which was bloated garbage. I'll never pay for Microsoft junk again --- which is why I use:

ubuntu-logo.png

My new comp has Windows 7, which for the most part is pretty cool. However, sometimes it dos things like download updates, and not bother to tell you in advance that it's now going to shut your comp down. When you are embroiled in a game of Hearts Of Iron 3, with Europe mostly conquered(in 1939!) and are getting ready for the push into Russia, and all of a sudden it shuts down and you have not saved in over an hour, it's kinda annoying...
You can go into the Control Panel and adjust the Windows Update behavior. I have mine set to just notify me when updates are available, but let me decide when to download and install them.

I'll use Windows XP - Vista was bloated garbage and Windows 7 is based on Vista which was bloated garbage. I'll never pay for Microsoft junk again --- which is why I use:

ubuntu-logo.png

I have ubuntu on my laptop :)

But mostly I installed it because I didn't want to buy more ram. Gnome runs at 250MB while XP with all the stuff installed for drivers runs at 550 (and no basic drivers available some of the hw unfortunately, especially the printer)

Actually Windows 7 kicks ass. Great OS! Not a problem after 7 months. Not ONE problem.... amazing! :) Ive had more problems with my 03 Camry!

Back
Top Bottom