• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I am atheist....

Prove Genesis is fiction.

Prove that a human can live inside a big fish or that all of the animals of the world can be loaded onto one big boat or that all of the languages of the world suddenly appeared at the Tower of Babel or that a woman can instantaneously turn into a “pillar of salt”. Like I said, lots of coence fiction,

Prove that a human can live inside a big fish or that all of the animals of the world can be loaded onto one big boat or that all of the languages of the world suddenly appeared at the Tower of Babel or that a woman can instantaneously turn into a “pillar of salt”. Like I said, lots of coence fiction,
I already discredited those stories.

They claim that the world/universe is so infinitely complex that it could not have occurred simply on its own, but that there had to be some sort of ultimate already-existing entity (“god”) that simply created it. And yet in order to do so, this “god “ would need to be infinitely more complex than the already almost infinitely complex world/universe that couldn’t exist on its own. That simply makes no sense. And thus I am an atheist because I don’t believe in fables.
How did we get all of the universe out of an empty void? If you believe only in science then the dictates of science is, that matter is not created from nothing. Matter can only be transformed, not eliminated or created from nothing.

Einstein believed in the possibility of God.

How did we get all of the universe out of an empty void?
As far as I know, no physicist claims we did. The math is a bit too complicated for me.

But if your real question is how did the existing universe come to be? We don’t know.

If you say Goddidit….what exactly did he do and how? We don’t know.

So what additional knowledge of the universe do we gain by positing a deity? None.
If you believe only in science then the dictates of science is, that matter is not created from nothing. Matter can only be transformed, not eliminated or created from nothing.
Correct…sort of. The concept of “nothing” is actually pretty strange and I’m not sure anyone has a good concept of it.

But again…if a deity did it..how? The issue of where matter, energy, and the space and time that contain them came from is still there.

How did we get all of the universe out of an empty void?
There is no evidence you can provide us that there was ever an "empty void". Your argument is based no a concept that you have not (and cannot by definition) evidence.

Even the big ban theory doesn't propose that.
The Big Bang is not an explosion of matter moving outward to fill an empty universe. Instead, space itself expands with time everywhere and increases the physical distances between comoving points. In other words, the Big Bang is not an explosion in space, but rather an expansion of space.[1] Because the FLRW metric assumes a uniform distribution of mass and energy, it applies to our universe only on large scales—local concentrations of matter such as our galaxy do not necessarily expand with the same speed as the whole Universe.[17]

Genesis 3:1-7​

King James Version​

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
The odd thing about that myth is that the "tree" is the tree of knowledge and it is the author admitting that knowledge is the enemy of
God and religion. Why would he admit that thinking is the antidote to religion? And why would God give us a brain and then tell us not to use it?

How did we get all of the universe out of an empty void? If you believe only in science then the dictates of science is, that matter is not created from nothing. Matter can only be transformed, not eliminated or created from nothing.
Who said there was only an empty void?
Einstein believed in the possibility of God.
He leaned towards Spinoza's god.

As far as I know, no physicist claims we did. The math is a bit too complicated for me.

But if your real question is how did the existing universe come to be? We don’t know.

If you say Goddidit….what exactly did he do and how? We don’t know.

So what additional knowledge of the universe do we gain by positing a deity? None.

Correct…sort of. The concept of “nothing” is actually pretty strange and I’m not sure anyone has a good concept of it.

But again…if a deity did it..how? The issue of where matter, energy, and the space and time that contain them came from is still there.
Yes of couse to all you say. People here want proof that God exists. How about proof of any sort of scientific explanation about how all this matter got here in the first place. A scientific explanation of this could explain away God.

There is no evidence you can provide us that there was ever an "empty void". Your argument is based no a concept that you have not (and cannot by definition) evidence.

Even the big ban theory doesn't propose that.
Same dif. No matter then matter. No time and space, then time and space. Just accept this as a half baked explanation. It's still faith. It's not science.

All that and still no proof for a god or the supernatural. tsk tsk.

I asked you: do you believe there are other living beings besides us in other planets?

Hmm… believing in changes beyond the control of God seems very much like believing in *gasp* evolution. ;)

Believing that somehow humans had evolved from something not human and yet, without any single evidence to support it - much worse scientists don't even know HOW and WHEN that said evolution had happened - is -
indeed - *GASP* - tadaaaaaa...........................................the "event" from which the fairy tale "THE FROG PRINCE," had been based on.

Once upon a time - there was an ugly frog, who was kissed by time................................and, he turned into a handsome prince.

"Since then, researchers have discovered Neanderthals and Denisovans not only mated with each other, they also mated with modern humans."

So - neanderthals and Denisovans had co-existed with modern humans! 😁

Given these types of discoveries, it may be better to think about human evolution as a “braided stream,” rather than a “classical tree of evolution,” says Andrew C. Sorensen, a postdoctoral researcher in archaeology at Leiden University in the Netherlands. Although the majority of modern humans’ DNA still comes from a group that developed in Africa (Neanderthal and Deniosovan DNA accounts for only a small percentage of our genes), new discoveries about inter-group mating have complicated our view of human evolution.

“It seems like the more DNA evidence that we get—every question that gets answered, five more pop up,” he says. “So it’s a bit of an evolutionary wack-a-mole.”

;)

Last edited:
Jesus was a historical figure. we have his teachings -they are wise and revolutionary for the times
He claimed divinity. either you believe it or you dont

I cant say for sure either way. It's a conflict between Buddhism with no gods for man to turn to
vs
salvation if you accept and believe in Christ

Not my call, but read the scriptures and the suttas with an open mind and decide for yourself
Not only were the teachings of JESUS revolutionary for those times ----- they are also extraordinary for these times.

Do you believe in faith? Everything had to come from somewhere, why is believing God created it so hard? It sounds as possible as the big bang! In fact, it's sounds possible that God created the Big Bang!
If everything had to come from somewhere, who created god and how? Now you're going to say "but... but... That's the one exception to the hard rule I just declared!"

If everything had to come from somewhere, who created god and how? Now you're going to say "but... but... That's the one exception to the hard rule I just declared!"
GOD tells us that HE has always been ----- From everlasting to everlasting. GOD created even TIME. Even scientist admit now that our Universe had to have a beginning.

With GOD all things are possible, but without HIM nothing is possible that is possible.

The Bible says that GOD prepared the fish for Jonah 1:17. The Bible isn’t clear whether Lot’s wife was covered in the salt that rained down with the brimstone or if her remains were dusted with a coating of salt later. It is interesting that she is described as a “pillar.” The Hebrew for “pillar” refers to a garrison or a deputy, that is, something appointed to watch over something else. The image of Lot’s wife standing watch over the Dead Sea area is a poignant reminder to us not to look back or turn back from the profession of faith we have made, but to follow Christ without hesitation and abide in His love (Luke 17:32).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom