• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I am a Pro-Life Supporter.

*Warning one of the images on this page may be disturbing or upsetting. View with discretion.

Why I'm Pro-Life

download.jpg

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice, this is my debate for today. First of all, let me clarify a few things.
1. I am a woman. You cannot accuse me of being a male and therefore someone who doesn't have a valid opinion on the topic.
2. I am VERY conservative. Since this is my first post you may not know that. If you don't like my political stance, leave now.
3. Comments are moderated. This does not mean I am going to ban every single comment that doesn't emulate my idea verbatim. This means I am not allowing anything hateful or derogatory to be published. If your comment falls under the former, don't bother.
4. You won't change my perspective.

Okay! Now that you've been warned, let me share my point of view.

Psalm 139:13: "For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb."

I know some of you aren't Christians. Well, guess what? I am. My ideas are founded upon Biblical truth and if you don't like it, you don't have to, deal with it. Now, this verse clarifies a few things for me. God knits us together in the womb. Notice the verb knits. It's not "he throws together" or "he thoughtlessly creates". I've tried knitting and it is not some quick, easy process that doesn't require skill or intelligence. Knitting is slow, deliberate work in which you have to be aware of every movement your hands make. If someone as important as say, the God of the Universe, finds it necessary to "knit" a child together that tells me he cares a great deal about his/her future and so should I.

The moment conception occurs the unborn baby has it's own DNA structure that is unique and separate from the mother. A mere eighteen days after conception the heartbeat of the baby (not "fetus"") begins. Six weeks after conception the child's brainwaves are detectable. Only nine weeks after conception the unborn child is capable of feeling pain. After fourteen weeks the baby develops it's own, unique fingerprint. All this tells me that the "fetus" that is aborted isn't some random appendage that we can destroy at will but a individual child with a heartbeat after eighteen days.

Despite the fact that man is inherently sinful (topic for another time but you don't need to teach a child to throw a tantrum or say "no") a baby is about as innocent as humans come. A baby has not committed any crimes, lied or experienced negative emotions such as hate or lust. What wrong has this tiny child done to deserve death?

If you are a pro-choice activist reading this than you are likely (not certainly, but likely) a liberal. I share the same view with you that everyone is equal as a human being. Whether you are white, black, Hispanic, Asian, European, Muslim, protestant, atheist, gay or straight you deserve life and you deserve freedom. Agree with me so far? If you are eleven, fifty-five, twenty, seventy-two or thirty-eight you still have unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. What about size? If I walked up to a midget and said, "You don't have rights because you are too short," I would likely get punched in the leg. How about people with lower brain function or mental disabilities? Would you be okay if we killed everyone with schizophrenia or autism? No, of course it wouldn't! Segregating or murdering anyone of the people fitting into the aforementioned categories would be morally wrong. What are the differences between the unborn with no right to life and those who posses that right? Size? Age? Ethnicity? Mental function? If killing someone (because of these) not attached to a female by an umbilical chord is NOT okay, why does the chord make all the difference?

I think I have established clearly why I don't think abortion is acceptable. However, many republicans believe that women should have the right to chose an abortion in the case of incest or rape. Okay, I get why this could be a serious consideration for someone who is pro-life in all other circumstances. Have you heard the phrase, "Two wrongs don't make a right," before? So rape and incest are obviously detestable. It would also be incredibly terrifying to be pregnant with the child of a man who has committed such crimes against you. Even so, do you think that an unborn baby should be held responsible? It would be the same thing if my father killed someone while driving under the influence, he was imprisoned and because of our blood relation, so was I. A child can always be adopted into a home if he/she is the product of rape or incest; abortion isn't the only option.

Another factor of abortion is the health of the mother carrying the child. If the child is a breach baby or something of the kind should abortion be considered? I believe that both life and death in this case could be justified. The woman should be thoroughly informed (ultrasound, consultation with both physicians and pastor) of the decision she is making. In one hand the abortion could be considered self defense, however, the abort/do not abort choice is not the source of my indecision on the issue. If the only factor in question was the mother's life, I would lean more towards the decision of abortion. The life of the woman carrying isn't the only factor though. If a mother, who loves the life inside her, can willingly kill the child she is carrying in favor of her own life, is that morally right? Maybe you can help me with this one. Don't be afraid leave your thoughts below!

Lastly, I think at a minimum any potential mother considering an abortion should be required to have an ultrasound. Seventy-eight percent of mothers refuse an abortion after seeing the sonogram of the child. Also if the woman is underage, parental signatures should be obtained before the abortion is performed.

Well, there you have it! My opinion and basis in a nutshell of why I chose Pro-Life. I hope I have not offended anyone, as that was not my intention. I pray that this was an insightful and informative portrayal of the anti-abortion point of view. Thank you for reading and God Bless!

abortionposter3.jpg

Sites used:
78% of Pregnant Women Seeing an Ultrasound Reject Abortions | LifeNews.com
What does the Bible say about abortion?
Since DNA proves a fetus is a separate human life from the mother is abortion murder? - Yahoo! Answers
Q & A about the Unborn Child
The Unborn Child - What Happens When You Die?
Circle of Prayer - The Graphic Truth About Abortion

Back
Top Bottom