• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Have Women's Groups Gone Dead Silent RE Biden Accusations?

Actually.. I think that issue is now there is no shame in accusations. Its the new normal for politics. Throw out the most absurd accusation.. doesn't matter what it is.. and the press covers it and the candidate gets stuck defending himself/herself.. and it dominates the headlines... and it creates suspicion in the minds of voters.

Trump stated that Ted Cruz father helped assassinate Kennedy. And it played. It was a good part of the news cycle for a while.. until the next absurd accusation by the Trump campaign.

At one time.. leveling an accusation that ended up having no weight behind it.. used to shame a candidate and could hurt a candidate politically. Now.. no more.

So my guess is.. and especially with Biden... that the political landscape being what it is.. Biden has been more than vetted before he decided to run. I bet that every bad deed every, "he touched my back in a picture and I didn't like it "... was vetted and looked at through a microscope. And so I think that the democrat party looks at this as just another attempt by trump and his supporters to play the smear game. Because that is their favorite tactic. Attack attack attaack. Keep the conversation about your failings, keep the opposition defending the most absurd claims.. and so on. Its the new normal. And it works.

I don't see the democrats as hypocrites in this issue. I see them as finally wising up to politics in the age of trump

I was with you until the last sentence. Then again, you stated this issue as it applies to Biden. I don't know if it's true or not, I really don't care. Now you have several senators that were around when Bill Clinton was being accused, they defended Bill, attacked the accusers, then attacked Trump and Kavanaugh for the same thing. Biden is just another in the long range scheme of things.

This won't change my vote one way or the other. Perhaps we have had way too many of the accusations that as you stated, have become the norm. That most folks will just ignore them. That may be the best course. Especially with anyone running for office, it seems will be accused. But even so, that doesn't change my mind about both parties being filled with hypocrites. This just seems to be the political times we live in. Condemn the other party's guy for doing the same thing your party's guy did which you defend or ignore. Perhaps our whole political systems and parties need a good cleansing. Perhaps in things like this we need to take a stance and not being influence by the letter behind the one being accused. But that will never happen. Party loyalty is way too high.

So you want me to get up in arms about something you don't believe happened either. I think the Smear Machine is trying to get traction with this one. Their credibility is low because of the right's track record with Trump's 17 accusers and because of the timing of this accusation and because they tried to pay a woman to accuse Mueller.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. If this lady had said it was Trump or Pence or McConnell, it would be on the news 24/7 and the left wouldn't let the story stop. Since it was a person on their side, they brush it under the table and silence it. And, I wasn't even talking about you. I was talking about women's groups, the MSM, et al.

I agree. There should be no double standard. But there definitely is, in that no side wants to scrutinize their own. Unfortunately, both sides have lost their credibility on this front, and the ones who ultimately suffer are the women with legitimate claims.

...welcome back, hope all is well up north.....

Political discretion. Believe all women unless the accusation is against someone you support. Same thing happened with Monica. She got 0 support from womens groups. One can only imagine if a republican president was getting his dick sucked by a young intern.

View attachment 67279288

The right is the only "wing" that ever cared about sexual assault, they throw their own under the bus as soon as there is as much as a whisper, it's ridiculous. I'll give it to the left, they know how to protect their own. The #metoo movement may have been started by those that care about such things as sexual assault, but it has long since been coopted by the leftist outrage culture which has been working since the 70s to undermine anything the right does, even if it's imaginary, even if only the left is guilty of it (this is a favourite, projection).

As far as why there's a bias, it's because the left controls the media and entertainment, and protect it with all their might. They sacrifice a pedo here and there to protect the status quo, but even that is rare.
How about throwing Trump under the bus (if you can lift him). A lot motre than a whisper there.

I would think the Right has plenty of lawyers who would love to take the case.

The Right is all over this forum attempting to get traction on the Reade matter. Too many holes in her story.

Watching the right trying to get traction, is like watching a vehicle with bald tires going up a hill of ice

If she says it wasn't consensual, it wasn't consensual. We don't know if Bill initiated the relationship or if she did. I've always been under the impression that it was a mutual relationship. Sadly, it meant more to her than to him.

I can't keep up with your dancing. This isn't about Bill and Monica. It's about whether a person in authority over a subordinate can ever have just a consensual relationship. The left's answer to that is, yes, but only if she never complains about it later. If she complains about it later, even years later, then it was nonconsensual, no matter how consensual it was at the time.

I agree. There should be no double standard. But there definitely is, in that no side wants to scrutinize their own. Unfortunately, both sides have lost their credibility on this front, and the ones who ultimately suffer are the women with legitimate claims.

It is unfortunate that the hyperpartisanship has fueled so much stupidity and hypocrisy on both sides of the isle. Though at the same time I always shake my head when a Trumpeteer or cultist all of a sudden starts complaining about sexual assault allegations.

As for Biden's case, I do think that it should be earnestly investigated and if there is any evidence or proof of wrong doing, appropriate punishment should be enacted.

One can only imagine if a republican president was getting his dick sucked by a young intern.

There probably wouldn't have been any push to impeach by Gingrich and Co.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. If this lady had said it was Trump or Pence or McConnell, it would be on the news 24/7 and the left wouldn't let the story stop. Since it was a person on their side, they brush it under the table and silence it. And, I wasn't even talking about you. I was talking about women's groups, the MSM, et al.
That's simple to explain, Trump and Pence are highlighted in the media, along with Covid. Biden kind of afterthought. If nothing else was happening, no huge crisis, maybe Reade would have gotten her 10 minutes of fame.

I don't normally post links from biased media but this is a left biased media wondering why women's groups have gone dead silent regarding sexual assault allegations against Biden. It does point out the hypocrisy. While I don't actually believe the allegations myself, they seem to have more substance to them than the Kavanaugh allegations did and yet there is an obvious dead silence from everything on the left, including the MSM.

Why Have Women’s Groups Gone Dead Silent on Biden Sex-Assault Accusation?

What happened to the women's groups on the right?

Oh yeah, their men don't allow them out of the house...

Actually.. I think that issue is now there is no shame in accusations. Its the new normal for politics. Throw out the most absurd accusation.. doesn't matter what it is.. and the press covers it and the candidate gets stuck defending himself/herself.. and it dominates the headlines... and it creates suspicion in the minds of voters.

Trump stated that Ted Cruz father helped assassinate Kennedy. And it played. It was a good part of the news cycle for a while.. until the next absurd accusation by the Trump campaign.

At one time.. leveling an accusation that ended up having no weight behind it.. used to shame a candidate and could hurt a candidate politically. Now.. no more.

So my guess is.. and especially with Biden... that the political landscape being what it is.. Biden has been more than vetted before he decided to run. I bet that every bad deed every, "he touched my back in a picture and I didn't like it "... was vetted and looked at through a microscope. And so I think that the democrat party looks at this as just another attempt by trump and his supporters to play the smear game. Because that is their favorite tactic. Attack attack attaack. Keep the conversation about your failings, keep the opposition defending the most absurd claims.. and so on. Its the new normal. And it works.

I don't see the democrats as hypocrites in this issue. I see them as finally wising up to politics in the age of trump

Both sides do dirty politics and it gets worse and worse every year. Yes, the right play dirty politics. Yes, Trump plays dirty politics. But, yes, the left play dirty politics too. They were so afraid of Kavanaugh overturning RvW that they had to come up with false accusations from when he was a teenager to smear him in order to help keep RvW intact. And the left have been playing dirty politics to get Trump for three years now. Russian collusion Russian collusion Russian collusion. Both sides are guilty as sin, just because you can count every example and one side wins 231 to 229 doesn't mean the other side isn't doing it to. And, the leftist MSM would go after any Republican 24/7 for sexual assault allegations but Biden? Biden gets a pass, even from women's organizations.

That's simple to explain, Trump and Pence are highlighted in the media, along with Covid. Biden kind of afterthought. If nothing else was happening, no huge crisis, maybe Reade would have gotten her 10 minutes of fame.

Oh please. If a Republican were being accused by Reade it would outstrip the Coronavirus coverage but since it's Biden, they sweep in under the rug.

What happened to the women's groups on the right?

Oh yeah, their men don't allow them out of the house...

Translation: Sexual assault is ok if it is a Democrat accused of it.

I don't normally post links from biased media but this is a left biased media wondering why women's groups have gone dead silent regarding sexual assault allegations against Biden. It does point out the hypocrisy. While I don't actually believe the allegations myself, they seem to have more substance to them than the Kavanaugh allegations did and yet there is an obvious dead silence from everything on the left, including the MSM.

This is no mystery. Liberals/Democrats are treated one way and conservatives/Republicans another. Why would we expect anything else from the frauds?

As long as you point out the hypocrisy of the right, in that when it was their folks accused, they tried to brush it under the table and silence it.

Really, watching the American left and right interact is like watching two spoiled brats fighting in the backseat on the way to Disneyland.

Yeah where is that #metoo movement that was so rabid?
ol yea their policies only apply to republicans.

the the fact they were paid agitators.

Some anti-Kavanaugh protesters were paid, Vice journalist reveals - Washington Times

...welcome back, hope all is well up north.....

Thanks, bud. It's a mess, like everywhere else...but my family and I are staying safe and healthy, and are well supported. Hope the same goes for you. :)

Maybe they took their guidance from the evangelicals.

"We kind of gave him – 'All right, you get a mulligan. You get a do-over here,'" Perkins (Family Research Council President Tony) said.

As long as you point out the hypocrisy of the right, in that when it was their folks accused, they tried to brush it under the table and silence it.

Really, watching the American left and right interact is like watching two spoiled brats fighting in the backseat on the way to Disneyland.

It is the left who are the ones who try to bring it all out in the open. Except when it happens to them. The right control close to zero women's organizations or MSM media. They have Fox and a small handful of others but all of the women's groups are on the left, the MeToo movement is on the left and pretty much most of the MSM are on the left and all of them are sweeping this under the table. That's the point. If it were accusations about the right it would be on the news 24/7 and women's organizations would have it front and center.

In another thread I took the position of why this all of a sudden matters to those on the right when these things did not matter under similar, be it not exact, conditions as Kavanaugh. Plenty of defense for Kavanaugh, going after the victim, and questioning timing and motives. And now they are upset? That said, there is still enough similarity to ask the question why this is not getting more attention this time around with Biden.

The real message though is why *both* sides switched over this, as there is a reasonable discussion to have over why CNN (as one example) made this issue headline for weeks regarding Kavanaugh but not all that much this time around concerning Biden. Some mention yes, but not near enough to suggest being able to champion the idea that brought us #metoo or how they handled the Kavanaugh matter.

I do not know enough about what Kavanaugh did or did not do, same story with Biden but we have some women here to are making a claim, and with both of them there seems to be a bit of a pattern. Until we treat all these ladies equally and offer a means for these things to come to light there will never be validity for those who support these movements.

As for the evidence by comparison, that might make this worse.

As for the "Women's Groups" that would normally flock to the victim, there is something to be said about their silence so far.

Tara Reade went so far as to talk about it, and it is being reported that it resulted in someone calling into CNN's Larry King live back in 1993 discussing the issue without naming Biden. Sources vary on exactly how all that transpired.

You would think that not only would perhaps a little due process come into the picture but really the same effort to give a voice to the victim, just as they did with Christine Ford. This one might bite a few Senators on the ass who were all for dragging Kavanaugh through the mud but are awkwardly silent on Biden.

I mean, while I agree with parts of this, I don't think this will hurt anyone. You guys have given up on credibility in your politics a long time ago, and have, for a large part, simply decided to stick with the camp you're in, come hell or high water. There is no credibility in American politics in 2020. That this is amazing to you at this point is amazing to me. I mean, your politicians know this ... they do everything possible to encourage it.

It is the left who are the ones who try to bring it all out in the open. Except when it happens to them. The right control close to zero women's organizations or MSM media. They have Fox and a small handful of others but all of the women's groups are on the left, the MeToo movement is on the left and pretty much most of the MSM are on the left and all of them are sweeping this under the table. That's the point. If it were accusations about the right it would be on the news 24/7 and women's organizations would have it front and center.

Yeah the right is just so weak and powerless. No MSM and no women's groups. Wow that is weak. I wonder why....

So you don't actually care about the women, this is just more partisan finger pointing?

So you don't actually care about the women, this is just more partisan finger pointing?

Why would you ask that? I do care about women but I don't care about people throwing around false accusations from decades ago in order to play dirty partisan politics. I'm defending both Kavanaugh and Biden and anyone else who may be falsely accused just to take down political opponents. And I care about that because it actually hurts the chances of women who actually were victimized.

Back
Top Bottom