• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Have The Stories About Russian Collusion With Donald Trump Stopped?

Why aren't there so many Russia/Trump Collusion Stories

• CNN issued new editorial standards preventing their writers from making things up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reinoe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I can't help but notice that the deluge of "TRUMP IS COLLUDING WITH RUSSIA" stories have come down to a trickle. Why did that happen?

I can't help but notice that the deluge of "TRUMP IS COLLUDING WITH RUSSIA" stories have come down to a trickle. Why did that happen?

The investigations are proceeding. Patience is a virtue. Show some.

IMG_0081.JPG

Follow The Money ... if you really want to know :mrgreen:

I'm betting you don't want to go there!

I believe that competent and trustworthy people are looking into the totality of the issue. That allows immediately important policy issues like the health care bill to be discussed, whereas before millions of people would have quietly and swiftly lost their health coverage because the Russian scandal was sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

Last edited:
I vote for because there is an ongoing investigation.

I vote for because there is an ongoing investigation.

But that doesn't explain why there were leaks before. What happened? There used to be leaks and now there are no leaks.

But that doesn't explain why there were leaks before. What happened? There used to be leaks and now there are no leaks.

Maybe now that the investigation is going on the leakers don't feel like they need to take the risk. Also, the one leaker that was caught recently no doubt rattled some people.

You need to learn how to write proper polls. Yours isn't one of them.

As for the question, the Trump-Russia scandal isn't the top story, but it's like that stain on your shirt that just will not go away, no matter how many times you try to wash it. It may not be the big story right now, because guess what, there are actually some other things going on in the world! But that stain on the Trump administration still exists, and it just will not go away.

Maybe now that the investigation is going on the leakers don't feel like they need to take the risk. Also, the one leaker that was caught recently no doubt rattled some people.

This. Leaking was the method people used to scream "Holy ****balls, why isn't anybody looking into this???!!! Alert alert alert!!!" Keep in mind Comey leaked his memo specifically to get an independent counsel appointed. Now one has, and the leakers feel like this is getting looked into properly.

The Mueller investigation is proceeding quite nicely. We have no idea what they are uncovering, but the number of high profile attorneys, particular those that specialize in financial fraud, should have Trump lying awake at night to complement his lying away during the day. I think its fair to conclude that Mueller made many hires because there is lots of work

The Mueller investigation has taken us into the eye of the metaphoric hurricane. Things are calm for the moment, but its not a beach day.

Last edited:
The Mueller investigation is proceeding quite nicely. We have no idea what they are uncovering, but the number of high profile attorneys, particular those that specialize in financial fraud, should have Trump lying awake at night to complement his lying away during the day. I think its fair to conclude that Mueller made many hires because there is lots of work

The Mueller investigation has taken us into the eye of the metaphoric hurricane. Things are calm for the moment, but its not a beach day.

Mueller could hire a veritable army. All at taxpayer dime.

Trump's Twitter Tweets have stopped the Leaks and reinoe has become a Trump Forum Spokesman. Accordingly, Russian Collusion Stories have also decreased with each new Tweet that Trump unleashed.

So, if you looked closer, kept your mouth shut and asked no questions, you learned from reinoe who stays in the know the ins and outs of Trump's Twitter Tweet actions.

Stop this nonsense of Russian Collusion! The Fake News Press has fueled an illusion. Look for Trump and reinoe in the DP Forum when you want the Real Solution!

Mueller could hire a veritable army. All at taxpayer dime.

I'll gladly pay my share to hire however many legal and technology experts it takes to nail Trump and his merry band of buffoons.

I'll gladly pay my share to hire however many legal and technology experts it takes to nail Trump and his merry band of buffoons.

Agreed about the merry band of buffoons, but no collusion between Trump and Russia is why it has died down.
/

They bitch when we're talking about Russian collusion and they bitch when we don't...

Agreed about the merry band of buffoons, but no collusion between Trump and Russia is why it has died down.
/

Trump has a wicked history going back for decades. Russian collusion will probably be pale in comparison to what an indepth investigation will reveal.

The investigation on Nixon took near two years of investigation by Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski to bring him down.

Patience, my friend, patience.

Short answer, it's backfiring. Months into the investigations and still no evidence. Now there appears to be reason to believe that Obama knew all along and did nothing.

Better to leave page one blank than to print the truth on page B 16.

Your worthless "When did you stop beating your wife?" bait poll notwithstanding, the answer is obvious. The people have short attention spans. Unless and until a new revelation surfaces, it's going to be eclipsed by other newer fresher stories.

You really don't know why there were leaks before? It was because there was no special prosecutor and there was fear that the whole scandal would be swept under the rug. The leaks about the Russian stooge Flynn were made because Trump ignored the intelligence info he received for 18 days and it appeared he was going to keep him at the NSA despite him being a Russian agent.

Last edited:
A worthless troll poll.

Trump won. You guys scared them away from reporting on it!

I go with the last option. If there was actually anything it would have been leaked before the election even started.Die hard Obama lackeys in the intelligence agencies would have leaked it before the election because they would rather have a democrat lib than a Republican lib as president.

Back
Top Bottom