• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why has the SCOTUS leak Source not been Identified?

Thank you. You are proving my point.

You know what’s funny? Republicans have been trying for decades to get Roe vs Wade overturned. Finally, a Republican President is able to appoint three conservative judges to the Supreme Court who will overturn Roe, and Republican refuse to talk about it.

They talk about nasty liberals springing the leak of decision draft. They talk about the failure of the doomed Democratic abortion bill, but not the consequences of Roe being overturned, something they have been trying to achieve for years.

That is quite strange. Why are they doing that?

We will never know. Republicans do not talk about what their party is doing or not doing, but the love talking about the left and Biden is their whipping boy.

Nevertheless, they are expected to win control of Congress in November.

Go figure

It's a matter of process.

Roe never should have happened.

If it didn't, abortion would legal in more states than not and we would not be having this discussion.

It's a matter of process.

Roe never should have happened.

If it didn't, abortion would legal in more states than not and we would not be having this discussion.
Republicans want a law banning it nationwide, enforced by the federal government.

That is quite strange. Why are they doing that?

We will never know.
Sure we know. The Republicans never expected Roe to ever be overturned. Abolishing abortion has been a fundraising ploy to dupe their dimwitted voters every year.

Now they have no idea what to do. Most Republicans in the Senate don't want Roe overturned, they know this is bad news for their party in the long run.

Republicans want a law banning it nationwide, enforced by the federal government.

Some republicans do.

Not all of them.

I certainly don't want the federal government touching abortion in any way.

Sure we know. The Republicans never expected Roe to ever be overturned. Abolishing abortion has been a fundraising ploy to dupe their dimwitted voters every year.

Now they have no idea what to do. Most Republicans in the Senate don't want Roe overturned, they know this is bad news for their party in the long run.

Post 202.

Why don't you guys make up your minds ?

Post 202.

Why don't you guys make up your minds ?
Most of the crazy Repug Trumpsters in the House want abortion banned. Those idiots are true-believers and most of them are in safe gerrymandered districts.

Most Republican Senators do not feel that way. They know this will kill them in statewide elections. That's why most of them were dreading the recent vote in the Senate.

Most of the crazy Repug Trumpsters in the House want abortion banned. Those idiots are true-believers and most of them are in safe gerrymandered districts.

Most Republican Senators do not feel that way. They know this will kill them in statewide elections. That's why most of them were dreading the recent vote in the Senate.
Yet, can you name even one?

Lol…. FOX is asking the same question right now. I thought only Fauci read DP 🙄

Why haven’t we been updated?

Turley disagrees.

They'll be questioned. If they lie and are caught.....it will be a criminal matter.
Who is Turley? If the leak itself is a crime why was it not referred to the DoJ instead of the Court's Marshall? If the Marshall passes it to the DoJ then we will know I crime has been committed. However, at this point, I have not seen any information that says leaking a draft decision is a criminal act....but it should be.

I agree with you - it's not acceptable.
Within about 24 hours of the leaked draft, DH said to me, "The leaker won't be identified.". I said I did not think that would be the case and I thought there was a VERY high likelihood the leaker would be identified. For several days, he repeated his opinion. I repeated mine.
Just last night, I looked at him and said - "I have to give it to you about the identification of the leaker. I didn't want to agree, but I now think you are going to end up right.".
And ugggggh, I think that outcome is disgusting and detrimental, on many levels.
Here's the deal. If the leak came from a liberal, don't you think the 6 conservative judges would want them outed, fired and maybe prosecuted? It hasn't been all that long, but if we don't hear fairly soon who leaked the draft, I would bet it came from a conservative.

I always said they would cover it up if it came from one of their own. It's still too soon to be sure.

That seems to be the direction. Boy, that bothers me. How can we ever become a less corrupt country if we don't start identifying and addressing situations like this leak.
You tell me. Conservatives are in charge at the SC. Why are THEY not doing anything about it? Could they be a bit embarrassed? Thomas want's us to believe this has ruined the integrity of the court. News Flash: His wife already caused that. He's just deflecting.

This is SOP for these people. Look at how long people have been waiting for the Durham report. They are waiting out our attention span so they can sweep their corruption under the rug rather than dish out any accountability.

What this leak really reveals is that the court is politically dirty like the rest of them.

Don't forget it was Roberts FISA court where abuses occurred and he has done nothing to fix it or hold anyone accountable.

I hate to be so jaded but some protesters get a little unruly on Jan 6th and they throw the book at them and treat it like it was the crime of the century. If your a gov official caught doing something illegal they practically ignore it.
First, it was the crime of the century. In fact, two centuries. Second, I agree there is not enough accountably for high level officials. Both sides are guilty of it.

First, it was the crime of the century. In fact, two centuries. Second, I agree there is not enough accountably for high level officials. Both sides are guilty of it.
I am of the opinion that anyone who is part of the legislature, judicial, or law enforcement should automatically receive the maximum penalty for any laws they are convicted of. That would serve as means of accountability for the when writing and enforcing them on the rest of us. Imo society is over litigated and penalties are overly severe for common people.

Who is Turley? If the leak itself is a crime why was it not referred to the DoJ instead of the Court's Marshall? If the Marshall passes it to the DoJ then we will know I crime has been committed. However, at this point, I have not seen any information that says leaking a draft decision is a criminal act....but it should be.
I think it a bit surprising when you ask who someone is when you could google and get a very quick answer in the amount of time it takes you to ask. Just recently, you did the same thing with Catherine Herridge.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 090648.png

I think it a bit surprising when you ask who someone is when you could google and get a very quick answer in the amount of time it takes you to ask. Just recently, you did the same thing with Catherine Herridge.

View attachment 67391089
I think it's odd, maybe even rude, when someone quotes somebody with the assumption everyone knows who the person is and why their opinion is relevant...so there's that.

Yes, I know that. I just wanted to hear someone else say it. Thank you.

In a few months there is a very important election coming up. Republicans are desperately trying to change the subject.

You mean like in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and other Republican states in the South?

You don't get around much, do you.

Here's the deal. If the leak came from a liberal, don't you think the 6 conservative judges would want them outed, fired and maybe prosecuted? It hasn't been all that long, but if we don't hear fairly soon who leaked the draft, I would bet it came from a conservative.

I always said they would cover it up if it came from one of their own. It's still too soon to be sure.
Might be a "conservative" you say? No....

Yet, can you name even one?

Collins and Murkowski, for starters. They're on the record as pro-choice.

There are others. McConnell is pro-choice, although he'll never say it publicly again.

Collins and Murkowski, for starters. They're on the record as pro-choice.

There are others. McConnell is pro-choice, although he'll never say it publicly again.
I meant can you name one House Republican that wants to full ban Abortion outright?

I posted the question back in May. Seems we are still waiting. Oh, and the Epstein list from a leak at DOJ.

"I have directed the Marshal of the Court to launch an investigation into the source of the leak," he concluded.

The leak not only rocked the Supreme Court, where trust and confidentiality are crucial, but prompted violent pro-abortion activists to launch a number of attacks on crisis pregnancy centers and illegally converge on the homes of conservative justices. Democrats have called for court-packing and even the elimination of the Supreme Court. Last week, President Joe Biden attacked justices on foreign soil.

I posted the question back in May. Seems we are still waiting. Oh, and the Epstein list from a leak at DOJ.

"I have directed the Marshal of the Court to launch an investigation into the source of the leak," he concluded.

The leak not only rocked the Supreme Court, where trust and confidentiality are crucial, but prompted violent pro-abortion activists to launch a number of attacks on crisis pregnancy centers and illegally converge on the homes of conservative justices. Democrats have called for court-packing and even the elimination of the Supreme Court. Last week, President Joe Biden attacked justices on foreign soil.

Yes the identity of the leaker is far more important that the SC removing a Constitutional right for the 1st time ever.

Add the pipe bombs at the RNC and DNC (where the VP-elect walked right by) on Jan. 5th to that list.

File under, "Who is the Las Vegas shooter?".

Add the pipe bombs at the RNC and DNC (where the VP-elect walked right by) on Jan. 5th to that list.

File under, "Who is the Las Vegas shooter?".
Or where is Maxwells customer list? The ones who like to be entertained by her underage girls.

Why not focus on the real issue instead of the distraction? Three recent supreme court nominees lied to get appointed and are now working together to destroy our personal freedoms.
lol distraction huh?
Everyone knows it was Ginny Thomas anyway.
lol so are you accusing her of doing a 4d chess maneuver? or are you saying the left fell to a 4d chess manuever? lol

Back
Top Bottom