• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why has Marxism never worked?

Yeah you can't trust them chinese... :roll:

So was he trained by the government to say this and lie to us?

Yeah you can't trust them chinese... :roll:

So was he trained by the government to say this and lie to us?

And you continue to show I was right.

Wait... so he was really just posing as a gov't tourguide? I'm still trying to get at what you mean which you have not communicated.

Wait... so he was really just posing as a gov't tourguide? I'm still trying to get at what you mean which you have not communicated.

No, you get it. You're just trying to weasel out of it.

No, you get it. You're just trying to weasel out of it.

It took a while. You had better have sources for this one or have had such an experience in china.

There are so many laughable assumptions.

Would a government tourguide not have the freedom to say what he did?

Please, entertain me, thou art so much more wordly than I.

You didn't make it clear at all. Look at the OP, it's just a ramble that doesn't contain the words "standard of living on par with captialist countries" anywhere.

If we're talking about a standard of living on par with capitalist countries, I'd like to see your data on that. Most capitalist countries don't have a standard of living anywhere near the USA.

Here's my original post in its entirety. I said nothing about the US. I said capitalist. What are you, dislexic? Do I need data on the living standard of every capitalist country? Let's just pick Scandinavia or Europe, for example. If I posted it, you wouldn't read it or believe it, you commie sympathizer.

By "worked" I mean provided a standard of living on par with capitalist countries. Maybe it's because if several people use the same vehicle, no one takes care of it. Maybe it's being locked behind walls on penalty of death if you try to escape. Maybe it's not having a legal system to handle grievances. China didn't get a legal system started until 1979, three years after Mao finally died. Russia dreaded the coming of the Olympics for fear of who was going to defect at the first chance. I thought it was supposed to be a "workers paradise". Ask any East German about it. I worked for a German owned company for twenty-five years and spoke to several. No one had anything good to say. So come on you commie sypathizers. Give me some reasons why anyone would want to live under communism.

Last edited:
It took a while. You had better have sources for this one or have had such an experience in china.

There are so many laughable assumptions.

Please, entertain me, thou art so much more wordly than I.

A "government tourguide" in an authoritarian regime will say exactly what it is that the government wants to present. This is probably true of government tourguides in NON-authoritarian regimes, too, but they're far less likely to get away with it. And the worst that can happen to them is that they'd be fired if they don't toe the line. The Chinese tourguide may face much, much worse. And China does not exactly have a track record of veracity, as most authoritarian regimes do not.

So yeah, this tourguide isn't exactly the most credible source.

So hes a spy, got it. What kind of system of surveying or stalinist policing by fellow citizens do they have in china? Since they have to enforce what the tourguides say somehow.

Last edited:
Or wait, hes actually not a spy and a conman and we were duped, right? And hes part of a massive shadow network of people posing as government tourguides that have access to the government tour's, busses, hotels, restaurants, stores, etc and will travel posing as a translator and government tourguide for weeks as he takes you across china?

Why certainly he would. Especially if there was a camera in his face and there were government officals standing around. That insures total honesty in totalitarian regimes. :lamo

Last edited:
So hes a spy, got it. What kind of system of surveying or stalinist policing by fellow citizens do they have in china? Since they have to enforce what the tourguides say somehow.

Dude. Being a government mouthpiece is about the polar opposite of being a spy, so this tack of yours makes aboslutely no sense.

And if you're saying that the Chinese government doesn't monitor its people, especially those who put a face to the rest of the world . . . did you get up this morning just begging to be pantsed? Between this and the comments about the British -- I'd quit now.

Or wait, hes actually not a spy and a conman and we were duped, right? And hes part of a massive shadow network of people posing as government tourguides that have access to the government tour's, busses, hotels, restaurants, stores, etc and will travel posing as a translator and government tourguide for weeks as he takes you across china?

Given the way China freaks out at information transparency. I am pretty certain that tour guides have a list of approved and unapproved topics. I wonder what he would have responded if you had asked about the events at Tiennamen square for example. However, I highly doubt that the style of government really would fit into such a list.

And if you're saying that the Chinese government doesn't monitor its people, especially those who put a face to the rest of the world . . . did you get up this morning just begging to be pantsed? Between this and the comments about the British -- I'd quit now.

Wait, theres a mic in the wall. :roll:
He's bugged. :roll:

Dude. Being a government mouthpiece is about the polar opposite of being a spy, so this tack of yours makes aboslutely no sense.

Please... firstly you are saying:

He cannot be a real government tour-guide because such people would be policed for making those comments because its some form of surveillance state.
Thus he was not a real tour guide.

So he expedited our diplomatic passports at the airport, was arranged by the travel agency from another country to pick us up. Stayed with us for weeks, Fabricated his private tourguide badge, etc.
This wasnt a tuk-tuk ride through the ghetto.

Given the way China freaks out at information transparency. I am pretty certain that tour guides have a list of approved and unapproved topics. I wonder what he would have responded if you had asked about the events at Tiennamen square for example. However, I highly doubt that the style of government really would fit into such a list.

Likely he would be a bit abashed or taken aback and maybe said something like 'we don't talk about that, its a different country here'. He wouldn't have refused outright or gone silent, likely diverted.

Please... firstly you are saying:

He cannot be a real government tour-guide because such people would be policed for making those comments because its some form of surveillance state.
Thus he was not a real tour guide.

So he expedited our diplomatic passports at the airport, was arranged by the travel agency from another country to pick us up. Stayed with us for weeks, Fabricated his private tourguide badge, etc.
This wasnt a tuk-tuk ride through the ghetto.

Good grief, kid. Nowhere did I say he wasn't "real" government tourguide. In fact, my entire premise rests on the fact that he IS a government tourguide, a mouthpiece of an authoritarian regime.

Likely he would be a bit abashed or taken aback and maybe said something like 'we don't talk about that, its a different country here'. He wouldn't have refused outright or gone silent, likely diverted.

That would be my guess as well.

He would likely be upset because even being asked in the wrong place could get him in trouble.

Oh yeah and also this travel agency mistook our diplomatic passports for french ones and we had a french speaking tourguide at first. Who was then replaced by this english speaker conman. A national conman network of conmen tourguides.

He would likely be upset because even being asked in the wrong place could get him in trouble.

You cant make assumptions about how the police state in china exactly works. How they prioritize who to 'go after' or their man hours, its not exactly a dystopian terror state.
Foreigners are rude and likely to make such off hand statements like "I bet you aint herd about that tianmen square in the 80s hyuck." in which case the proper response would be, "please shutup."

Good grief, kid. Nowhere did I say he wasn't "real" government tourguide. In fact, my entire premise rests on the fact that he IS a government tourguide, a mouthpiece of an authoritarian regime.

So he planted false information in us?

So he planted false information in us?

He said what the government told him to say. And apparently, you take it as gospel.

:doh:lamo:mrgreen:

Alright man.

:roll: If you're laboring under the impression he was free to say whatever he wanted, you've got quite a bit to learn. But, today has not been your day.

Back
Top Bottom