• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why has Japan not asked for forgiveness for WWII?

Why has Japan not asked for forgiveness for WWII

• Total voters
This scenario is absurd. The Japanese military wouldn't witness one of its facilities vanish in the largest explosion in human history and call it fake.

You asked about two things:

[1] a "demonstration" explosion at a location where there were no Japanese - which the Japanese would claim was faked;

and

[2] a bombing of a PURELY military (so there would be no civilian casualties) facility in Japan - no such facility existed.

The Japanese did not claim that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were faked simply because absolutely no one would have believed that it was in the remotest chance possible for the US Corps of Engineers to have assembled the fake bombs in those cities.

You asked about two things:

[1] a "demonstration" explosion at a location where there were no Japanese - which the Japanese would claim was faked;

and

[2] a bombing of a PURELY military (so there would be no civilian casualties) facility in Japan - no such facility existed.

The Japanese did not claim that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were faked simply because absolutely no one would have believed that it was in the remotest chance possible for the US Corps of Engineers to have assembled the fake bombs in those cities.

No such facility existed? Can you support this claim?

Not one single Japanese military facility existed away from a major city?

No such facility existed? Can you support this claim?

Not one single Japanese military facility existed away from a major city?

I never said "major city".

What I said was that there was no such facility where there would be NO chance of civilian casualties.

I never said "major city".

What I said was that there was no such facility where there would be NO chance of civilian casualties.

Ok, so you agree that targets existed that would have had vastly lower civilian casualties.

Ok, so you agree that targets existed that would have had vastly lower civilian casualties.

Your response reminds me of the old joke where the punchline is

We've already settled that question. What we are going now is haggling over price.".​

Your response reminds me of the old joke where the punchline is
We've already settled that question. What we are going now is haggling over price.".​

You need to understand that not everyone perceives human lives in such a way.

The discussions of what target to select basically did not care one bit about civilian casualties. They specifically wanted a city as a target.

Staring into the abyss too long, and all that.

after the sneak attack, the brutalization of civilian areas, and the treatment of our POWs by the Japanese, no one really had much concerns about how many Japanese were killed. and in all fairness, Japan got off light when it surrendered

Japan screwed up. They underestimated us. That isn’t a reason to exact revenge upon civilians.
Imo

Japan screwed up. They underestimated us. That isn’t a reason to exact revenge upon civilians.
Imo
tell that to people who lost family members in the sneak attack or had relatives murdered by the Japanese in the war. Only one percent of our POWs in Nazi Germany died, over a third of those held by the Japanese did

tell that to people who lost family members in the sneak attack or had relatives murdered by the Japanese in the war. Only one percent of our POWs in Nazi Germany died, over a third of those held by the Japanese did

There were 200,000 casualties from the bonbs. Most were civilians.
I understand the desire for exacting revenge but it didn’t bring back our dead, did it.

You need to understand that not everyone perceives human lives in such a way.

The discussions of what target to select basically did not care one bit about civilian casualties. They specifically wanted a city as a target.

Staring into the abyss too long, and all that.

Yes, and that was because using a city as a target would produce the most "positive" results.

Back
Top Bottom