• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience[W:516:1716:2243]

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Why Gun Nuts Lie ? I Know From Experience
Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

Re: Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

You do know all that stuff minus background checks are only required if you plan to drive on a road paid for by the government. Do not need to do that to have and operate a car on private property.

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Mandatory registration
Background checks

Do we have a deal?

SEE:

The only problem is that owning a firearm is a constitutional right while owning/driving a car is not.

Why do gun banners need to lie about their proposals? if all of those restrictions applied to any other right say abortion or voting they would be screaming bloody murder

Just a tip, every time you want to make a gun control law just apply the equivalent to another right and see if it makes sense. Hint, it never does. Stop ignoring that the 2nd amendment is a right.

You do know all that stuff minus background checks are only required if you plan to drive on a road paid for by the government. Do not need to do that to have and operate a car on private property.

Actually you do..........

Nope if I just plan to drive on my property I do not have to do any of that.

The only problem is that owning a firearm is a constitutional right while owning/driving a car is not.

Why do gun banners need to lie about their proposals? if all of those restrictions applied to any other right say abortion or voting they would be screaming bloody murder

Just a tip, every time you want to make a gun control law just apply the equivalent to another right and see if it makes sense. Hint, it never does. Stop ignoring that the 2nd amendment is a right.

I do not like being called names, friend..........I support the 2A and believe in the right to own guns.........Screaming murder you say?..........Yes they hyave and today the SCOTUS said they were right and corrected the inequity......

But tell me what is the difference......I do not hear much noise about requirements to own/drive a car...........So what is it that makes gun nuts get nutty........

BTW

To make laws regulating the use of guns is constitutional......and doing so does not infringe upon your right to own a gun

actually you dont. I have a jeep scrambler that I only use on my deer lease. It hasnt been registered, inspected or insured in over 20 years nor does anyone need a liscense o drive it I learned how to drive on it when I was 12 years old.

Nope if I just plan to drive on my property I do not have to do any of that.

You are wrong..........If one commits an offense driving a car........even on your own property.........police can write you a ticket.....

That's the law..........Trust me.............That being said.....

Do you want to get back to the gun issue now

I wanna see a cop come on my property and write me a ticket.
You are wrong..........If one commits an offense driving a car........even on your own property.........police can write you a ticket.....

actually you dont. I have a jeep scrambler that I only use on my deer lease. It hasnt been registered, inspected or insured in over 20 years nor does anyone need a liscense o drive it I learned how to drive on it when I was 12 years old.

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I haven't even tried......But why don't you try to Google it

I do not like being called names, friend..........I support the 2A and believe in the right to own guns.........Screaming murder you say?..........Yes they hyave and today the SCOTUS said they were right and corrected the inequity......

I did not call you any names

But tell me what is the difference......I do not hear much noise about requirements to own/drive a car...........So what is it that makes gun nuts get nutty........

I already told you the difference had you bothered to actually read my post, here Ill quote it for you...

owning a firearm is a constitutional right while owning/driving a car is not.

No movement in american politics is more based on lies and dishonesty than the gun control movement. Starting with the claim that "commerce among the states" empowers the federal government to ban guns etc. Then we have all the nonsense like

AR 15s are "weapons of war"

Ten round magazines are only designed for WAR

Rifles are weapons of mass destruction

You don't Need a ___________

we only want the next "sensible" step

the Hughes Amendment

supporting registration as crime control when its unconstitutional (per a Supreme court ruling that has been good law for going on 50 years) when applied to criminals

people who commit capital murder will obey gun laws

a country that cannot control illegal immigrants and massive importation of narcotics will be able to keep guns out of criminals hands even though the government loses thousands of guns each year

hatred of criminals not the NRA is what motivates the anti gun movement

people who don't commit crimes currently need laws criminalizing what the do now to stop real criminals from committing real crime

etc etc etc

I wanna see a cop come on my property and write me a ticket.

Now we may be talking about another problem you may have.........

Did you know you can be cited for an unregistered vehicle on your property?

I did not call you any names

I already told you the difference had you bothered to actually read my post, here Ill quote it for you...

Like so what?

Explain why that is an important comparison..........

Trust you? Umm how about I trust the law instead

Chapter refers to vehicles upon highways—Exceptions.
The provisions of this chapter relating to the operation of vehicles refer exclusively to the operation of vehicles upon highways except:
(1) Where a different place is specifically referred to in a given section.
(2) The provisions of RCW 46.52.010 through 46.52.090, 46.61.500 through 46.61.525, and 46.61.5249 shall apply upon highways and elsewhere throughout the state.

Now we may be talking about another problem you may have.........

Did you know you can be cited for an unregistered vehicle on your property?

Not if it belongs to you. You'll need to cite the law that says otherwise, I guarantee it's not a law in Washigton

Trust you? Umm how about I trust the law instead

Chapter refers to vehicles upon highways—Exceptions.
The provisions of this chapter relating to the operation of vehicles refer exclusively to the operation of vehicles upon highways except:
(1) Where a different place is specifically referred to in a given section.
(2) The provisions of RCW 46.52.010 through 46.52.090, 46.61.500 through 46.61.525, and 46.61.5249 shall apply upon highways and elsewhere throughout the state.

You are incorrect...........Give it up.........you're on a losing side friend

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I don't even know what this inspection stuff you speak of is, no one is out inspecting cars. I've never had any vehicle I've owned inspected by anyone but me, and my vehicle is registered and the police have never cited me for having an "uninspected" vehicle, you probably made that up too

You are incorrect...........Give it up.........you're on a losing side friend

Ok man, whatever, good thing we have legislatures to make laws and not people like yu making stuff up

Not if it belongs to you. You'll need to cite the law that says otherwise, I guarantee it's not a law in Washigton

Wrong...........if you think it not law in your sate .........prove it.......don't think you know it just because you think so........

You usually cannot have junk cars sitting around your property if not a junk yard, but you can certainly have operational vehicles used on your property and the police have no jurisdiction on your operation on private property. Can you imagine the ticket the local PD would write the NASCAR guys?

No you cant, at least not in my state. Maybe the the blue nanny state you live in yall have made some crazy laws.

I don't even know what this inspection stuff you speak of is, no one is out inspecting cars. I've never had any vehicle I've owned inspected by anyone but me, and my vehicle is registered and the police have never cited me for having an "uninspected" vehicle, you probably made that up too

So state require cars be inspected yearly ........... if your state does not require it you obviously cannot be cited

No you cant, at least not in my state. Maybe the the blue nanny state you live in yall have made some crazy laws.

IN your state...Prove it

Like so what?

Explain why that is an important comparison..........

I really need to explain to you the difference between a right and privilege? Are you really that ignorant or are you just trolling me?

Back
Top Bottom