• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Control Doesn't Work

gun control works well if you understand the real purposes of it (crime control is not one such purpose)

I don't agree with you. I think the vast majority of people who want more gun control want it because they think it will reduce crime. They may or may not be right in the abstract, but one thing that is certain is that none of the "commonsense gun laws" Democrats are pushing will significantly reduce violent crime.

As for the video in the OP, I got halfway in and stopped because it's little more than a strawman wrapped in one big non sequitur. We don't help our cause by making bad arguments.

I don't agree with you. I think the vast majority of people who want more gun control want it because they think it will reduce crime. They may or may not be right in the abstract, but one thing that is certain is that none of the "commonsense gun laws" Democrats are pushing will significantly reduce violent crime.

As for the video in the OP, I got halfway in and stopped because it's little more than a strawman wrapped in one big non sequitur.
oh I agree that the support for gun control-from the low information or low intelligence voters is based on that-but for those who constantly advocate gun control or push it in the political process, that is not the real truth

Gun control does work....it just takes regular practice.

Target_223_Savage_10FP_25_shot.jpg

*Disclaimer: not my target.

Watching that video, you can see how these gun grabbing pricks are replacing the term gun control with gun safety. They don't want more gun control laws, instead they want more gun safety legislation. They can't win in an honest debate, so they have to lie about what they really want.

If gun control doesnt work you should be able to name me countries with lax gun control that have low gun deaths and low crime. By lax I mean laws you would like to have here if any.

I'll wait.

If gun control doesnt work you should be able to name me countries with lax gun control that have low gun deaths and low crime. By lax I mean laws you would like to have here if any.

I'll wait.

Why a country? How about a county?

Watching that video, you can see how these gun grabbing pricks are replacing the term gun control with gun safety. They don't want more gun control laws, instead they want more gun safety legislation. They can't win in an honest debate, so they have to lie about what they really want.
no political movement is more dishonest in the USA than the anti gun groups

It is intended to significantly reduce the number of shootings/gun crime, and it works in this respect.
Must be why every country has gun control

LOL … gun control has worked AMAZINGLY well in civilized countries like Japan...

Perhaps we should implement their 7 year mandatory sentence for illegal possession of a gun, and up to life for actually firing an illegally possessed gun.

Perhaps we should implement their 7 year mandatory sentence for illegal possession of a gun, and up to life for actually firing an illegally possessed gun.
Not even the most conservative state in the union will do that

Guess why?

Hell, I'd make it 10-YEAR mandatory, '799 (y)

Might work. No sense in punishing people who legally possess their guns. Go after the wrongdoers.

I think it would go well with the criminal background checks I propose. Get caught in illegal possession- or even trying to gain illegal possession- of a gun or motor vehicle, and go to prison for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom