• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Control Doesn't Work

Murder is against the law.
Murder with a firearm is also against the law.
Robbery is against the law.
Robbery with a firearm (armed robbery) is against the law.
So are a whole host of other things using a firearm are against the law.
Or obtaining firearms if prohibited, but yet which law has worked?
Maybe. Just maybe none of them for the most part don't work, so the
feel gooders and politically inclined call for more and more. That won't work as well.
So you want to do away with murder and Robbery laws. Lol

Watching that video, you can see how these gun grabbing pricks are replacing the term gun control with gun safety. They don't want more gun control laws, instead they want more gun safety legislation. They can't win in an honest debate, so they have to lie about what they really want.

Everything in politics is an optics game. Why do you think the terms 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' exist? Why do you think Christians replaced 'creationism' with 'intelligent design?'

And gun grabbers want the guns, with politicians at the top.

No, the gun lobby just doesn't want the vast majority of guns in society.

Politicians spouting high crime get it? On the same page now?

No they don't

That's just a dishonest straw-man that pro gunners spew out
Gun control, where it has been enacted, has be driven by mass shootings.

No, the gun lobby just doesn't want the vast majority of guns in society.

No they don't

That's just a dishonest straw-man that pro gunners spew out
Gun control, where it has been enacted, has be driven by mass shootings.
that's bullshit. the GCA of 68 was not driven by mass shootings. It was driven by Nixon attacking the Democrats as being soft on crime.

that's bullshit. the GCA of 68 was not driven by mass shootings. It was driven by Nixon attacking the Democrats as being soft on crime.

When I said "gun control", I meant real gun control. ie: a gun ban
Not merely some weak, half measure like what you see in the USA.

So the many gun control advocates who stop short of demanding a ban, are not real gun control advocates by your definition. Neither are the gun control organizations that you often pretend to speak for.

well when you start breaking down the doors of gang bangers or even the survivalist hard right militias, in order to seize their guns, maybe we will take you seriously

So the many gun control advocates who stop short of demanding a ban, are not real gun control advocates by your definition. Neither are the gun control organizations that you often pretend to speak for.
He doesn't even know where he stands because one day he wants a complete gun ban, tomorrow a complete gun ban with a bunch of guns resurrected by the supreme holy executive, and then yet another idea where some guns are never banned.

well when you start breaking down the doors of gang bangers or even the survivalist hard right militias, in order to seize their guns, maybe we will take you seriously

So only people physically qualified to be a SWAT team member, have an opinion worthy of your attention ?

You still continue to ignore the question of how you would ban guns in a non-stupid way, allowing certain firearms like those used foe sporting/hunting purposes.

So only people physically qualified to be a SWAT team member, have an opinion worthy of your attention ?

You still continue to ignore the question of how you would ban guns in a non-stupid way, allowing certain firearms like those used foe sporting/hunting purposes.

He's addressed your question several times. Continuing to ask it, is sealioning.

Back
Top Bottom