• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Government Sucks!

ARCHITEKT

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
All good social/economic systems are bottom up, self-adaptive structures that follow complexity theory and can not be planned or predicted by anyone. bureaucracy and regulations are inorganic and produce artificial and often oppressive environments. Watch FEAR GOVERNMENT! - YouTube id love a good discussion..

Is it really that hard to find ACADEMIC conservative or libertarian research and not have to resort to propaganda videos on youtube?

Is it really that hard to find ACADEMIC conservative or libertarian research and not have to resort to propaganda videos on youtube?

Problem is, you added "academic" to "conservative or libertarian". Higher learning does support some conservatism (but not much), but doesn't support libertarianism much at all.

Problem is, you added "academic" to "conservative or libertarian". Higher learning does support some conservatism (but not much), but doesn't support libertarianism much at all.

You mean, "higher learning" does support getting paid for by some "conservative" money, and courageously rejects the classical liberal ("libertarian") offer of nothing at all but freedom and academic independence?

Higher learning and libertarianism are a contradiction in terms.

The propaganda film is a fraud like all libertarian rhetoric: it counts the burdens of government but not the benefits. Adolescent.

The propaganda film is a fraud like all libertarian rhetoric: it counts the burdens of government but not the benefits. Adolescent.

...and you count the benefits and deny there are problems at all.

...and you count the benefits and deny there are problems at all.

Nope, but don't let me disturb you rightwing meme. All regulations have costs. The issue is the benefit. In our country, all proposed regulations are run through a cost/benefit analysis before they are even made public. And then they go through a public hearing process. And then they are subject to judicial review.

But all this is lost in your alternate universe of Big Gummit Badguys

Nope, but don't let me disturb you rightwing meme. All regulations have costs. The issue is the benefit. In our country, all proposed regulations are run through a cost/benefit analysis before they are even made public. And then they go through a public hearing process. And then they are subject to judicial review.

But all this is lost in your alternate universe of Big Gummit Badguys

You are one gullible liberal. Never question the benevolence of the Nanny State.

All that information you learn is NOTHING, if it is not used to free humanity from the bonds of stupidity and tyranny.

All that information you learn is NOTHING, if it is not used to free humanity from the bonds of stupidity and tyranny.

Yeah, the tyranny of corporations and the rich and their hatred of knowledge. I'm with you brother. Wait . . .

Yeah, the tyranny of corporations and the rich and their hatred of knowledge. I'm with you brother. Wait . . .

Funny how you hate corporations and the rich, yet these are the very same people that run the government whose benevolence you trust without question.

Funny how you hate corporations and the rich, yet these are the very same people that run the government whose benevolence you trust without question.

It's not funny at all. Tyranny is the exercise of power and they have it. You want them to have more power by removing governmental restraints on them. Pretty stupid.

It's not funny at all. Tyranny is the exercise of power and they have it. You want them to have more power by removing governmental restraints on them. Pretty stupid.

There are the government. The only way they have more power is by increasing the power of government. What is stupid is your belief that the government restrains them. The tail does not wag the dog.

There are the government. The only way they have more power is by increasing the power of government. What is stupid is your belief that the government restrains them. The tail does not wag the dog.

Your hatred of our democratic way of life is well documented, and is a typical idee fixe of the right. But thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Your hatred of our democratic way of life is well documented, and is a typical idee fixe of the right. But thanks for sharing.

How is corporate control of the people's government a democracy?

Let's try a little experiment:

Name one Congressman, Obama Administration cabinet member or SC Justice that is NOT a 1%er.

How is corporate control of the people's government a democracy?

Let's try a little experiment:

Name one Congressman, Obama Administration cabinet member or SC Justice that is NOT a 1%er.

Alcee Hastings, (D-FL)

Alcee Hastings, (D-FL)

If you have a household net worth of $6,816,200, you are in the top 1%

In a 2011 survey of U.S. lawmakers, the Center for Responsible Politics named Hastings the "Poorest Member of Congress," with a 2010 average net worth of -$4,732,002.

Technically we have a winner, but lets be honest, you don't get that far in debt without playing the game.

If you have a household net worth of $6,816,200, you are in the top 1%

In a 2011 survey of U.S. lawmakers, the Center for Responsible Politics named Hastings the "Poorest Member of Congress," with a 2010 average net worth of -$4,732,002.

Technically we have a winner, but lets be honest, you don't get that far in debt without playing the game.

Winning Technically is good enough for me.
There are no prizes for 2nd place, eh?

BTW - I will agree that the money that he owes was spent on something.

Winning Technically is good enough for me.
There are no prizes for 2nd place, eh?

BTW - I will agree that the money that he owes was spent on something.

I hear yea, i'll take any win I can get.

So democratic=big government now? Let's not conflate terms.

Yep, we need a big government to counteract the power of big corporations, not to mention to sustain a modern economy. Why does that bother you?

Back
Top Bottom