• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why GOP crocodile tears on oversight are pathetic

Winston

Advanced stage dementia patient pls support my run
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Turnabout is fair play.

They might not like it, they might bitch that there's some special difference for when they do it, but it won't stop them being held to their own standards.

Turnabout is fair play.

They might not like it, they might bitch that there's some special difference for when they do it, but it won't stop them being held to their own standards.

To be fair I'm not in favor of Democrats pursuing non-serious crimes or abuses of power.

But the GOP is going to play the victim like they always do. When they do remind them of this quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnabout is fair play.

So you admit what you're doing, now, with Trump is wrong just that two wrongs make a (W)right???

I'd think you'd want to have congress reexamine the special counsel process because someone on the GOP side is going to attempt to seek revenge for what is happening to Trump.

Turnabout is fair play.

Nah, not in ethical politics. It shouldn't be some sort of revenge; it should be honest investigations into what are likely very serious crimes in what is likely the most corrupt admin in US history.

And that's what's likely to happen.

So you admit what you're doing, now, with Trump is wrong just that two wrongs make a (W)right???

I'd think you'd want to have congress reexamine the special counsel process because someone on the GOP side is going to attempt to seek revenge for what is happening to Trump.

There's much more which needs investigating with Trump than there was with Hillary.

This isn't "two wrongs make a right". This is "If the right dares to complain about legit oversight of Trump, then remind them of how much they spent investigating Hillary, and how they continued investigating Hillary even during Trump's first two years in office."

Nuance could be your friend if you would give it a chance.

To reiterate Dems should NOT pursue false charges like Republicans do because as a poster in this thread had already shown: they are itching to cry foul play. They are going to sob tears whether or not any foul play takes place, so Dems shouldn't validate their cries by participating in political hit jobs. Even if that's what the Republicans do.

There's much more which needs investigating with Trump than there was with Hillary.

This isn't "two wrongs make a right". This is "If the right dares to complain about legit oversight of Trump, then remind them of how much they spent investigating Hillary, and how they continued investigating Hillary even during Trump's first two years in office."

Nuance could be your friend if you would give it a chance.

I see no evidence there is so much more to investigate Trump than Hillary. BTW, what should Trump be investigated for, specifically? At least, with Hillary, there was something specifically being investigated with her server scandal. I agree, Benghazi was more like the current Trump investigation where it's 'Let's view all aspects of someone's life and determine the crime post fact.'

I see no evidence there is so much more to investigate Trump than Hillary. BTW, what should Trump be investigated for, specifically? At least, with Hillary, there was something specifically being investigated with her server scandal. I agree, Benghazi was more like the current Trump investigation where it's 'Let's view all aspects of someone's life and determine the crime post fact.'

You know what? I'm not sure what needs to be investigated with Trump, per se. If he hadn't made such a big scene about the Russian investigation, there wouldn't have been a special counsel to begin with. The Senate and House would each have published their report saying Russia was naughty and we needed to pay close attention to cyber-meddling in the future, and that would have been the end of it.

But Trump just couldn't shut up and he keeps acting like someone who's trying to distract people while he finishes shredding documents. There was obviously much to investigate with corruption in his businesses, foundation, associates, attempts to squash stories which might have hurt his election prospects, plus Russian connections not just to people in his campaign but in his own business which he lied about and said didn't exist.

Okay, I started this post ready to say, "maybe not so much to investigate with Trump, maybe just with his associates", and then all that other stuff just spilled out as an afterthought. So, um, yeah, there are things to investigate.

The edge of that rug might not have been lifted up to expose so much dirt if Trump had just let Congress do their perfunctory investigations and give the standard report, but he couldn't stop talking, and he couldn't stop acting like dictators were the good guys and our intelligence agencies and committees were the bad guys, and so now people are looking under that rug.

To reiterate Dems should NOT pursue false charges like Republicans do because as a poster in this thread had already shown: they are itching to cry foul play. They are going to sob tears whether or not any foul play takes place, so Dems shouldn't validate their cries by participating in political hit jobs. Even if that's what the Republicans do.

Republican faithful are going to believe they are victims no matter what, so Democrats may as well just do whatever the right thing is, even if it sends them into a meltdown.

Republicans already have sought revenge for years, hounding the Clinton's because they were political players that were capable of winning

Republican faithful are going to believe they are victims no matter what, so Democrats may as well just do whatever the right thing is, even if it sends them into a meltdown.

It's the same principle as a non-violence pledge during protests. Don't validate their cries. Make them look dishonest in defense of criminals.

You know what? I'm not sure what needs to be investigated with Trump, per se. If he hadn't made such a big scene about the Russian investigation, there wouldn't have been a special counsel to begin with. The Senate and House would each have published their report saying Russia was naughty and we needed to pay close attention to cyber-meddling in the future, and that would have been the end of it.

But Trump just couldn't shut up and he keeps acting like someone who's trying to distract people while he finishes shredding documents. There was obviously much to investigate with corruption in his businesses, foundation, associates, attempts to squash stories which might have hurt his election prospects, plus Russian connections not just to people in his campaign but in his own business which he lied about and said didn't exist.

Okay, I started this post ready to say, "maybe not so much to investigate with Trump, maybe just with his associates", and then all that other stuff just spilled out as an afterthought. So, um, yeah, there are things to investigate.

The edge of that rug might not have been lifted up to expose so much dirt if Trump had just let Congress do their perfunctory investigations and give the standard report, but he couldn't stop talking, and he couldn't stop acting like dictators were the good guys and our intelligence agencies and committees were the bad guys, and so now people are looking under that rug.

Mebe Trump made such a big scene about the Russian investigation because there isn't any collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign and the pretext to the investigation seems to be a made up hoax by Hillary Clinton campaign operatives?

Republicans already have sought revenge for years, hounding the Clinton's because they were political players that were capable of winning

Are you saying the GOP plotted their revenge for the handling of Trump by the special counsel with Bill Clinton's special counsel prosecution treatment? How can someone plot revenge for future atrocities with past actions (yes, I call Bill's special counsel prosecution an atrocity)? Are you planning to further weaponize the special counsel and drag it out on a daily basis? Me thinks you showed your cards just then. Me thinks you plan to disrupt the GOP constantly...forever.

You know you're admitting the special counsel is out of control. Why not legislate it? Some day the special counsel will be against your guy.

Last edited:

I used to agree with that but after both the Benghazi fiasco and now the right backing trump...the gloves are off.

I'd favor left wing financed lawsuits against trump just as the right did to B. Clinton.

I'd favor getting people to wear wires to incriminate whoever they can...just like the right did to B. Clinton.

($60 million for 6 years for 1 minor plea)

I'd favor articles of impeachment based on disgust, lies and a general dislike...just as was done to Andrew Johnson.

I used to agree with that but after both the Benghazi fiasco and now the right backing trump...the gloves are off.

I'd favor left wing financed lawsuits against trump just as the right did to B. Clinton.

I'd favor getting people to wear wires to incriminate whoever they can...just like the right did to B. Clinton.

($60 million for 6 years for 1 minor plea)

I'd favor articles of impeachment based on disgust, lies and a general dislike...just as was done to Andrew Johnson.

TBF, I think Whitewater netted more than 1 plea.

Mebe Trump made such a big scene about the Russian investigation because there isn't any collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign and the pretext to the investigation seems to be a made up hoax by Hillary Clinton campaign operatives?

Whatever his reason for making such a scene instead of letting the various agencies quietly do their jobs, prepare their reports and then move on ... it was stupid on his part and look at the cascade of frustration he has brought upon himself by not being able to act in a professional manner.

Whatever his reason for actions which LOOKED like obstruction of justice, he has opened a barn door that isn't closing any time soon because of all the corruption it revealed in his inner circle. Including his own lies about his business dealings in Russia.

Seriously stupid on his part.

Maybe you should consider reality instead of fantasy scenarios pulled out of thin air.

No collusion! Just a small conspiracy with a hostile power against the USA but DEFINITELY No collusion!

Nothing to see here honest! That's why we lie about it so much, cuz innocent people always lie about the same subject, just for no reason, with no moticve behind it, I mean DUH!

Nobody is as innocent as Trump. He told ya right? That's proof enough for you huh? He just makes you feel so good don't he?:roll:

Maybe you should consider reality instead of fantasy scenarios pulled out of thin air.

But that would make Trump look bad, and he LOVES Trump. Trump makes him FEEL like a winner. Obama made him feel like less of a man, but Trump has restored his masculinity!

I actually tried to watch Hannity last night, just to see, I got about ten minute in and the blatant lying was just so bad it was unwatchable. It will QUICKLY make one understand how these fools are so misinformed and have so many paranoid fantasies about "the left" tho. That guy is a non stop spinner of conservative fears. Those people are addicted to the terror he provides them, it's surreal to watch.:roll:

LOL There is no need to pursue "false crimes" like there was with Hillary. Trump has made legality optional in his whole administration and stacked it with shady amoral characters. Everywhere you look there is criminality. He picked an acting AG who is under FBI investigation for fraud for petes sake. Mueller is having a tough time just keeping up and he has spent his life doing this kind of thing.

Last edited:
I see no evidence there is so much more to investigate Trump than Hillary.

You would say that no matter what you "saw", not that you looked. Who do you think you're fooling? You're not actually engaging in an analysis. You're just pretending that you did as if that somehow bootstraps your foregone conclusion into credibility. It doesn't.

BTW, what should Trump be investigated for, specifically? At least, with Hillary, there was something specifically being investigated with her server scandal. I agree, Benghazi was more like the current Trump investigation where it's 'Let's view all aspects of someone's life and determine the crime post fact.'

Anyway, let's examine the credibility of your claim to "agree" about Benghazi. Let's see.

2014. Topic: whether Obama lied about being "on top of the situation" during the attack.
It's a lie since BO stated repeatedly he was on top of the situation during the tragedy in Benghazi? Maybe he 'meant' to say: after the tragedy in Benghazi, he was on top of the situation? Was that even true?

2013. Topic: A poll on 'the most egregious Obama scandal":

Benghazi. The Susan Rice coverup? Duh?

2015. Topic: Hillary attacking the GOP for the thing you now claim to "agree" was a political witch hunt.

I'd just graduated high school when President Dick Nixon resigned due to the Watergate fallout. It took investigators 6 years to find the truth about Watergate. There were very few investigations and hardly none were backed by the US government. It was only when the US government and the US way of life was threatened did investigations actually proceed. Yes, I'm pointing out an analogy of the Watergate investigations and the Benghazi investigations.

Do you want to vote for a president like Clinton who has already supported a lack of support and lack of information for Benghazi investigations like the US government's failure in the Watergate investigations?

Should I keep going? All someone has to do is do an advanced search for your username and "Benghazi", and tell it to show posts in ascending order. You didn't know that, did you?

Ah well, I figured you were lying to try to make your post sound more credible.

But really....

:lamo

I am open to correction but I went through it all and have searched it many times.

3 indictments, 2 convictions and 2 sent to jail.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...elony-arrests-and-convictions-as-of-9-17-2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_controversy#Convictions

The Clintons were never charged with any crime. Fifteen other people were convicted of more than 40 crimes, including Jim Guy Tucker, who resigned from office.[44]

Jim Guy Tucker: Governor of Arkansas at the time, resigned (fraud, 3 counts)
John Haley: attorney for Jim Guy Tucker (tax evasion)
William J. Marks, Sr.: Jim Guy Tucker's business partner (conspiracy)
Stephen Smith: former Governor Clinton aide (conspiracy to misapply funds). Bill Clinton pardoned.
Webster Hubbell: Clinton political supporter; U.S. Associate Attorney General; Rose Law Firm partner (embezzlement, fraud)
Jim McDougal: banker, Clinton political supporter: (18 felonies, varied)
Susan McDougal: Clinton political supporter (multiple frauds). Bill Clinton pardoned.
David Hale: banker, self-proclaimed Clinton political supporter: (conspiracy, fraud)
Neal Ainley: Perry County Bank president (embezzled bank funds for Clinton campaign)
Chris Wade: Whitewater real estate broker (multiple loan fraud). Bill Clinton pardoned.
Larry Kuca: Madison real estate agent (multiple loan fraud)
Robert W. Palmer: Madison appraiser (conspiracy). Bill Clinton pardoned.
John Latham: Madison Bank CEO (bank fraud)
Eugene Fitzhugh: Whitewater defendant (multiple bribery)
Charles Matthews: Whitewater defendant (bribery)

Back
Top Bottom